is it just me, or is everyone tired of people dogging on console gaming?

thejackel
3 minutes ago, 7heo said:

I could waste my entire day naming games with forced (all inputs, all platforms): contextual actions, QTAs, four-buttons-only input, etc. I never said "aim assist" was the only problem and that we should all focus on that specific issue and ignore absolutely everything else I said.

Im assuming by 4 button only input you mean mapping a dpad to analog stick?

Like I said, I think contextual actions in a design thing. It may not something you like, but its been present for a while.

Im also guessing QTAmeans like timed actions? If so those suck on any input.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

31 minutes ago, 7heo said:

My only personal gripe with console gaming is about the publishers, and not the players. I wish MBAs would understand (and care about) the damage they are doing to the VG culture at large, by trying to cater to the masses as much as possible. And in the end, my problem isn't even with consoles at all, but with console controllers. By targeting controllers as an equally-important input method for the vast majority of modern games, many disputable (in my view, despicable) simplifications have become omnipresent in games (assisted aim, contextual actions, 4-buttons-only input, QTAs, etc). Adapting an FPS to play on consoles is the same as adapting a Racing sim to play on a keyboard. It simply does not make sense.

So, all good with consoles (and their owners), but I wish there was less pressure on developers to make their games work on everything and with everything as if it was all equivalent.

i use to play mobil one rally championship with a logitec force feedback joystick...until i broke it... i had to by my dad a new one...$100 still was not my fault...

all thow 5 minis rally games is no match for 45mins a race...

i would never play a shooter on console even thow there proby less hacking on console.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

34 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

what else would they do? a joystick is so much less precise than a moue.

Theres no ability to flick, and small movments are much harder with one. 

controler (especially in anygame with online) should have aim assist, as you can now use a mouse and keyboard on a console.

about dam time...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

about dam time...

its been a thing since the ps4/xbone launched

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, 7heo said:

Not publish the game for console. The very same way many games are console only anyway (see my answer). It would only hurt the profits of some already very wealthy people; and have no downsides whatsoever.

And to be clear: I'd be fine if the simplifications were for the console only; but it has unfortunately crept into the PC space, and even games like Cyberpunk, from reputed PC developers, have contextual actions now.

The creep of those simplifications is actually what triggers me. To give you a good equivalent with racing sim games, imagine if the gas pedal would only be either "pedal to the metal" or "no acceleration", on every platform, with every input method, to mirror the way keyboard keys work...

Cyberpunk was only made in 4 years ish when normaly it would take 10+ years and they were going head to head with gta. gta was not made over night.

With tongue in cheek my joyous opinion is...

pcmasterrace2.jpg

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

6 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

its been a thing since the ps4/xbone launched

ya i haven't consoles game since my wii

4 minutes ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

With tongue in cheek my joyous opinion is...

pcmasterrace2.jpg

lol my wrist hurts so bad because of my job of holding an box cutter all day then go home sit my fat ass on a pc and well clench a mouse for the rest of the day...

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

lol my wrist hurts so bad because of my job of holding an box cutter all day then go home sit my fat ass on a pc and well clench a mouse for the rest of the day...

Become left handed at the lesser important of the two.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

6 minutes ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

Become left handed at the lesser important of the two.

hmm do they make an left haded logitech mx510 mouse?...

if i learn left had box cutting ill probably cut my hand up lot....

Edited by thrasher_565

well games still have to be dumed down to play on consoles imo there no way an $400 console can do 4k!

People who fight over video game platforms are typically kids and young teenagers. They have very different strengths and weaknesses. It's honestly a bit stupid to call one "better".  Also, this new console generation should enable a lot of new console games to hit 60 FPS which is really where PC starts to show diminishing returns for your money (Pre shortage prices).

3 minutes ago, Jobgh said:

People who fight over video game platforms are typically kids and young teenagers. They have very different strengths and weaknesses. It's honestly a bit stupid to call one "better".  Also, this new console generation should enable a lot of new console games to hit 60 FPS which is really where PC starts to show diminishing returns for your money (Pre shortage prices).

kil la kill

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

1 minute ago, Azade12 said:

kil la kill

snip snip

1 minute ago, Jobgh said:

snip snip

Ryuko 😩

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

16 minutes ago, Jobgh said:

i'd say consoles are still lacking, you don't really start wasting money until you get passed 1440p 144hz. If you've went from 1080p 60hz to 1440p 144hz you'll release the insane difference.

but 1080p 144hz/4k 60hz is still a good experience and better than most are getting on pc lel.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

6 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

i'd say consoles are still lacking, you don't really start wasting money until you get passed 1440p 144hz. If you've went from 1080p 60hz to 1440p 144hz you'll release the insane difference.

but 1080p 144hz/4k 60hz is still a good experience and better than most are getting on pc lel.

we are privilieged lol

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

5 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Im assuming by 4 button only input you mean mapping a dpad to analog stick?

Like I said, I think contextual actions in a design thing. It may not something you like, but its been present for a while.

Im also guessing QTAmeans like timed actions? If so those suck on any input.

First game that really shocked me for having it was Assassin's Creed. The one in Damascus. So it's been here for around a decade in my book. And I have been ranting against it for about as long.

5 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

Cyberpunk was only made in 4 years ish when normaly it would take 10+ years and they were going head to head with gta. gta was not made over night.

Two facts here:

• Cyberpunk was publicly unveiled the Jan 10, 2013, and released the Dec 10, 2020. I doubt they had a teaser trailer available to show before doing any work on it. That is literally 7 years and 11 months. So just a stone's throw short of 8 years.
  • Proper keyboard input is a design choice, and does not take more time to design than controller input. If anything, in fact, it takes less time. Try to find a TDD of any game that as both and you will see how much work goes into making a controller input scheme that does not suck. On the other hand, a keyboard input scheme is just like "Ok, let's map actions to keys 1:1, and let the users modify that at will". Just did it, took me literally 20 seconds. Not four years.

Isn't windows three-sixty-five just a more recent version of windows three-eleven?

Problem is that people are often like a parrots.They hear something they dont quite understand and without giving it better understanding they say start repeating same shit over and over.

Just like with COVID and antiwaxxers,they just hear something bad,dont check facts and spread that online.(just an example not trying to start epidemic war).

I have a console,due to the fact that i dont have 1k to build a pc,for 300$ i am happy that i can relax after my work day,or just hang with friends.

People even here on this forum give stupid arguments about consoles,when in fact they dont understand that someone cant afford even 300dollar console let alone gaming pc,or doesnt have space in their house/app for dedicated gaming spot,they have a child aswell and the kid that wants playstation more then he wants a pc cause his school friend have a playstation.

2 hours ago, DriftMan said:

You should grow a thicker skin if you plan on being on the Internet, because the more butthurt you are, the more idiots you'll get in your way

You'll get looked down upon for whatever reason, even for wearing a blue/green/pink/white/black shirt so, yeah... Most people here won't care about ret*rds making fun of others, the more you care about it, the more it will happen

The best answer when someone tries to make fun of you is either ignore it or say "lmao ok", why would you care about what a basement dweller says about you?

that's fair

3 hours ago, 7heo said:

First game that really shocked me for having it was Assassin's Creed. The one in Damascus. So it's been here for around a decade in my book. And I have been ranting against it for about as long.

Two facts here:

• Cyberpunk was publicly unveiled the Jan 10, 2013, and released the Dec 10, 2020. I doubt they had a teaser trailer available to show before doing any work on it. That is literally 7 years and 11 months. So just a stone's throw short of 8 years.
  • Proper keyboard input is a design choice, and does not take more time to design than controller input. If anything, in fact, it takes less time. Try to find a TDD of any game that as both and you will see how much work goes into making a controller input scheme that does not suck. On the other hand, a keyboard input scheme is just like "Ok, let's map actions to keys 1:1, and let the users modify that at will". Just did it, took me literally 20 seconds. Not four years.

you need to go back and watch that why were not working on cp for 8 years...

9 hours ago, thejackel said:

Everyone here loves gaming, who here wouldn't. But im getting sick of a bunch of people dogging on console gaming with their ¨console peasant¨ shit. Sure, I love PC gaming too, it has a lot of advantages, I love my PC, but so does console gaming, and people make fun. Im just wondering what everybody thinks about that topic. Thanks!

Uh wasn't The whole pc master race thing started off as a meme?

It's not so much the dogging on consoles that bothers me it's the fact that people are dogging on console players who are ACTUALLY using a keyboard and mouse with the console on a monitor which they are doing but with a PC instead OR people dogging on consoles when they're using a controller to play the game like a console player would.

12 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

hmm i uses to snipe  in medal of honor using binoculars as you could see thow fog and snip in the spawn zone on a bridge map... fun times...

When the replay shows that there is no way they could have seen you thru the fog or flying debris and they still headshot you while running from the other side of the map... they're flipping cheating.

But yes, the older games if you know the spawn points and place a machine gun in front of it...  LMFAO!!

1 hour ago, Doug_Dangger said:

When the replay shows that there is no way they could have seen you thru the fog or flying debris and they still headshot you while running from the other side of the map... they're flipping cheating.

But yes, the older games if you know the spawn points and place a machine gun in front of it...  LMFAO!!

ya stupid d day map you can duck down in the bunker and not get hit.... i quit playing when a rocket followed me around the map...