Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

please make a video on that enigmatic edge flickering issue..

I use a product at work sometimes that I was thinking might make a Pc faster? It is stabilant 22. It is made to create a better eletrical connection on contacts. I wonder what the difference would be on a Pc with and without on all components that have a connection. Thank you. Love the videos. 

Can you maybe make a video on hosting a ark dedicated server?

LTT should do a story on Racetrack Memory. I could be the next big thing, it might not but it's still interesting! 

17 hours ago, Kilrah said:

That hackster.io link is exactly what I mean, time for LTT to do it BIG :P:P. The voxon is cool but am I right in understanding they have moving components as in the screen is moving very fast? Also, projection will not have same contrast possibilities of an oled stack. I have seen the 3D hologram one, it was very cool but I feel optical tricks are not the way to go, still all options should be explored for science 😄

Since the PS5 has been out for a while, would it be possible to have a real life performance video between PS5 vs XBox vs Windows vs M1 macs?

Given how much flak Linus got for suggesting the PS5 SSD wouldn’t be as great as the marketing suggest, I think it would be cool to see a follow up against the competition as well as other platforms.

Thinking different speed on downloading and installing games or other stuff as well as game usage speed.

I'm wondering how well gaming from an external SSD would work. USB 3 should be fast enough, the only problem I see is latency, but is this really noticeable? How bad is it compared to using the same SSD via SATA?

I love the concept of using an external USB docking station where I can just swap (2.5") SSDs to switch between different operating systems (work, linux, gaming, different sandboxes, ...). This way I don't need to fumble around with bootloaders, the BIOS/UEFI and don't have to worry about a limited amount of SSD mounting spots or SATA connections.

Would be basically unnoticeable. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

8 minutes ago, borck said:

I'm wondering how well gaming from an external SSD would work. USB 3 should be fast enough, the only problem I see is latency, but is this really noticeable? How bad is it compared to using the same SSD via SATA?

if it's an SSD or HDD, or acting like an HDD, there would be little of change.

Unless the port or if using an HUB is having problems. Else it would be just like using an SATA cable.

Although HDD's external can have more issues like being damaged or moved to being unplugged when it's not wanted?

As for NVME speeds to direct storage might become more issues around this topic? What the port, cable and storage can handle.

I'm a little surprised that you guys haven't done a piece on Amazon Sidewalk yet. Amazon sharing your Wi-Fi with your neighbors seems newsworthy, and default opt-in with no notification to users seems a little seedy to me.

You guys are great! Keep up the great content.

Perhaps one for the WAN show, nvidia did the 3070 Ti drop yesterday and sold 0 FE cards to the UK market (probably same in other countries too).

See: 

Internet Browser Showdown!

A showdown between multiple different browsers, what advantages each of them have, does one take more processing power than the other, their design, employee's personal choice, and etc.

List of Internet Browser suggestions

Why make a video about this?

It's 2021, lots of internet browsers had major changes/updates, and (as what I can find) LinusTechTips has been doing reviews on one 

A video demonstrating how spinning the blades of an un-powered computer fan will damage the circuits that power the fan.

"We blow are biggest fans!"

On 3/20/2019 at 11:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Can Anthony download the play station operating system  on a PC ?

Also I made a replay cause I didn't find a button to write a post or anything like that (make it easy please)

Hey LMG can you build a PC water cooled with real Coca Cola?

Apparently you can add thunderbolt PCIE cards to X570/B550 motherboards that don't have the thunderbolt header on the motherboard by shorting pins on the connector. If this truly works it would be a really nice way to add thunderbolt connectivity to AMD builds. 

Video Idea - unsure if this has been posted and I am not willing to read through 180 odd pages to find out 🙂

The relentless march of graphics technology - just how good are things now?

Toy Story (or equivalent) should be the base; the first fully computer generated film. From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toy_Story

Depending on its complexity, each frame took from 45 minutes up to 30 hours to render. The film required 800,000 machine hours and 114,240 frames of animation in total.[35][56][62] There are over 77 minutes of animation spread across 1,561 shots.[58] A camera team, aided by David DiFrancesco, recorded the frames onto film stock. To fit a 1.85:1 aspect ratio, Toy Story was rendered at 1,536 by 922 pixels, with each of them corresponding to roughly a quarter-inch of screen area on a typical cinema screen.

How long would it take to render a scene in Toy Story (or equivalent) on different generations of graphics cards or CPUs? From the time it was released; 1995 (3DFX/Power VR/Matrox card through to Nvidia 3090/Radeon 6900XT). It's likely a lot of work, but as a history lesson on the relentless march of computing power being utilised for something a little different and very intensive. 

14 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

Apparently you can add thunderbolt PCIE cards to X570/B550 motherboards that don't have the thunderbolt header on the motherboard by shorting pins on the connector. If this truly works it would be a really nice way to add thunderbolt connectivity to AMD builds. 

maybe so, still different specs and not sure about communication between the standards. Unless you have an adapter maybe?

1 hour ago, Quackers101 said:

maybe so, still different specs and not sure about communication between the standards. Unless you have an adapter maybe?

From my understanding, the thunderbolt header on the motherboard basically acts as hardware key. The thunderbolt cards are connected with a PCIE port and a usb 2.0 connector. What I don’t know is if the connector adds more usb bandwidth or not. Without the connector you might just get a thunderbolt connection at USB 2.0 speeds. 

hi, im ben, im from south america and i really love your videos and 

I had the opportunity and luck to learn English like my second language but many Spanish speaking people did not have to change to learn English

So my idea is that if you or other team translate some of the videos or channels, i know many of them are produced, but this would be a great opportunity to increase viewers

and if you like the idea pls talk to me im a young boy (20y) who is a little lost with studies but has great dreams

Now that the series x minifridge is going to be a real thing, you guys should get one and try to put a PC in it.

Cooling should be pretty good, the case would be literally designed to keep things cold, and you could title it "we ran windows on a series x"

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler