Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter
3 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Now that the series x minifridge is going to be a real thing, you guys should get one and try to put a PC in it.

Cooling should be pretty good, the case would be literally designed to keep things cold, and you could title it "we ran windows on a series x"

Putting a PC in a fridge isn't a good idea. The compressors aren't designed to continuously cool hot things. They're meant to just maintain a cold temperature and only switch on when needed.

LTT's already done a video on putting a PC in a fridge.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

G'day Linus,

I've had an amazing idea for a video. What if you built an underground gaming centre, or a "gaming bunker." You could do a charity event where you stayed 24 hours in the gaming bunker and you could show off all of the fantastic gadgets you constantly fascinate us with. You could also play computer games and run benchmarks to see which computer is the best. All while raising money for charity.

Cheers,

Richard

Test each OS, google, apple, windows and maybe more? (that are sort of user friendly).

To test, manage files/library, settings for network, screen, audio, native programs that are more or less specific to that OS, like documents, pictures etc, how easy to use and compatability? While more production apps, if they have it, how good is it and if it's worth using.

On 3/21/2019 at 2:46 AM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Why don't you make a video where you get a store bought laptop and compare it's price, cooling, etc. with a laptop which was made with second hand parts found on eBay.

Hi

New Video Idea : Weird Graphic Card's technology in history and how they compare now :

Remember when SLI was a thing? Remember when cards had 2 chips on them? How about 3DFX now?

I'm also a pc hoarder and I'm willing to send you this (i need the space) :

Asus GTX 780

Zotac GTX 590 (Dual GTX580)

Asus 8800 GTX

Thank You

Olivier

Always wondered if you can get an older xeon(s) chip and over work it to actually cook on it. Show off how the new coolers/aio work so much better.

Would be a funny stupid video showing how cooling has advanced, and you won't ruin new useable conponents.

I attended an Canadian conference today on quantum computing and was excited to learn that Canada has a few horses in the quantum computing race. Xanadu, Anyon and D-Wave (who is in Burnaby wink wink) have exciting new computing technologies. It may be more of an As quick as possible video but I'd like to hear Anthony explain quantum computing and the new advances they pose. Though these will never be a replacement for your RGB gaming rig, they are cool new technologies that is being pushed and funded by Canada.

I know it's been done to Hell already but can you please review the windows 11 leak and more importantly the operating system that was within that leak, I am Ultra curious about the backwards compatibility aspect with the new graphical elements and how they are placed. I don't think that some older applications such as plants vs zombies and portal (older titles) will work with this operating system, I am very concerned as I don't have all the achievements in either of those games. also defult configs are annoying for WoR.

Edited by FoxbitPlayz
gramor + addon

7 minutes ago, FoxbitPlayz said:

I don't think that some older applications such as plants vs zombies and portal (older titles) will work with this operating system

It's basically W10 with a slightly different skin, everything that runs on 10 runs on it. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

It's basically W10 with a slightly different skin, everything that runs on 10 runs on it. 

I immagine that after release it won't be 'just a skin' and that we might have the whole vista thing happen again.

2 hours ago, dkoudijs said:

Always wondered if you can get an older xeon(s) chip and over work it to actually cook on it. Show off how the new coolers/aio work so much better.

Would be a funny stupid video showing how cooling has advanced, and you won't ruin new useable conponents.

I have a really old xeon chip on my computer and honestly it isnt that bad.

8 minutes ago, Viktor Likes Pc Building said:

I just want to see how colorful would the pc be and if it looked like 6six9nie's hair or like a rainbow

Isn't it LGBTQ+ pride month? 

I have 2 ideas

1. Building a PC out of any colours but black and white

2. Use a laptop graphics card in desktop PC

image.png.b54f5ccfc6cc5c3ed9860e964e77c1ef.png

Video idea: WaterWARMED NAS

It's general knowledge that cooling your nvme drive too much can actually hurt performance. How about create a NAS system with a large amount of these drives (6-10) with a waterloop that is temperature conditioned to 35c , to keep all of the drives in an ideal operating temperature! 
A decent sized reservoir and a small aquarium heater would achieve this pretty easily.

Instead of watercooling, it's waterwarming or waterconditioning 

Looking forward to it 😉

image.png.ab830562abd3cbec2a83eae0b20f2560.png

Whomever controls your PR loves the idea, so I thought I'd expand on it here

My rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz, OC'ed to 4.2Ghz all core @ 1.25v + Corsair H60 120mm AIO

MB: Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi

RAM: Kingston Fury Beast RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3600mhz CL16 (1-to-1 Infinity Fabric enabled)

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super

*bought for $200 CAD off a friend who needed an RTX 3080, price was my reward.

CASE: InWinn A1 Plus in White with included 600w gold sfx PSU and included custom length cables

DISPLAY: 3x 20" AOC 1080p 60hz 4ms ,  32" RCA 1080p/60hz TV mounted above, all on a single arm.

Storage: C : 1TB WD Blue NVMe      D : 2TB Barracuda      E: 240GB Kingston V300 (scratch drive)

NAS: 240GB Kingston A400 + 6x 10+ year old 700GB Barracuda drives in my old FX8350+8GB DDR3 system

Logitech G15 1st Gen + Logitech G602 Wireless

Steam Controller +  Elite Series 2 controller + Logitech G29 Racing Wheel + Wingman Extreme Digital 3D Flight Stick

Sennheiser HD 4.40 Headphones + Pixel Buds 2 + Logitech Z213 2.1 Speakers

My Girlfriends Weeb-Ass Rig:

Razer Blade Pro 17 2020

10th Gen i7 10875H 8c/16t @5.1ghz 

17.3" 1080p 300Hz 100% sRGB, factory calibrated, 6mm bezel

RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB

512GB generic NVMe

16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz

Wireless-AX201 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth® 5.1, 2.5Gbit Ethernet

70.5 Whr Battery

Razer Huntsman Quartz, Razer Balistic Quartz, Razer Kraken Quartz Kitty Heaphones

*deep breath*

Razer Raptor 27" monitor, IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

I’ve created an account just so I can post in this thread. It’d be nice for Linus to test bench a few PCs in a walk in fridge or freezer. Maybe the compressor used in the walk ins will be able to handle the constant heat load. It’d be a good follow on from the fridge they used in a previous video imo🙂

LTT have many pc build and for everything now i just thought of build for chess engine. now there are brut force  engine and neural network engine so we want to see a build with powerful CPU and GPU. 

19 hours ago, Colonizor48 said:

I have a really old xeon chip on my computer and honestly it isnt that bad.

You are right they don't normally get to hot, it was more along the lines to use some older equipment to avoid the kick back from people saying they ruined a good CPU. Also if you are going to break something, it might be better to break something past its prime and cheap rather than good and useful.

So like a xeon from the 5100 series or something.

4 hours ago, dkoudijs said:

You are right they don't normally get to hot, it was more along the lines to use some older equipment to avoid the kick back from people saying they ruined a good CPU. Also if you are going to break something, it might be better to break something past its prime and cheap rather than good and useful.

So like a xeon from the 5100 series or something.

Mine is like 11 yrs old and still works fine.

I have a few suggestions as to how I actually get Windows 11 running on physical Hardware, first off Legacy boot is no longer an option. Windows 11 is a UEFI only operating system. That is why Linus had trouble attempting to install it on physical Hardware. The hardware may have been set to Legacy settings, if true the operating system will not install/boot.

@FoxbitPlayz You can install on BIOS as long as you get the partitions/bootloader right.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Starlink dishes have been overheating and shutting down (tech news thread). So, make a watercooled starlink video. I mean it's not a new idea, it's the first thing that comes to our minds, and this person suggested it as well. So, please make it happen.

Make a video about your own cloud gaming using https://parsec.app.

Use a thin and light laptop, use Parsec to remote to a gaming PC at the other end of the country to game.

If it works great, people won’t have to buy a bulky gaming laptop if they already have a gaming PC.

They can just use a thin and light laptop to connect back to their gaming PC at home and use that to game.

Please test with a mobile hotspot as well to see if people can game on the go.

Oh and, with the tradition of LTT always going over the top, please try and make an unRAID server with multiple GPUs passed through to a few VMs, and then have a few people connecting to the different VMs using Parsec to game. Basically a multi-user cloud gaming setup.

Edited by Roflnator
Use hyperlink for the Parsec URL.