Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Breathing PC

2 hours ago, Meatbuns said:

Breathing PC

I fully agree with this guy and created an account JUST to tell you about this. I've been waiting for this since this guy's first video about it (when he still only made just the fan) and LMG needs to review this. It's absolutely the most insane PC mod I've seen in years, maybe even a decade or 2.

12 hours ago, Naveen Santhosh said:

I was watching a DIY Perks video today and came across this fantastic PC build that uses air billows to cool the PC. Given Linus's fascination with cooling methods, this would make a brilliant collab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3GKe7eXbPE

4 hours ago, Meatbuns said:

Breathing PC

absolutely agree with these 2 post
there has been so many crazy build the past few years. but there is nothing quite like this breathing pc build

Riley should make a video about Cyberpunk 2077 like the one he made for Star Citizen. That was a great video. I recently started playing the game and it's playable but buggy af.

linus should make a video about giving away pcs away for free for his first 10 subscribers

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

The Lego Technic 42019 App-controlled Top Gear Rally Car or (any Lego technic set honestly because they are the coolest Lego series ever), Why you ask cuz Lego is cool and Expensive just like a PC (maybe idk) 

Lego for linus..jpg

Hi guys, 

As I'm watching Linus's beard in full glory, I also noticed that his arms have picked up some meat. Linus is getting some gainz without keeping us in the loop!?

Would it be a great idea to have a fitness related episode or two? We follow a number LTT crewmembers over a period where we look at their current fitness state and compare it to a period further in time. 

The crew could talk and use fitness equipment (e.g. TechnoGym) that has some great tech associated with it. The last episode will be where the person with the most gainz or weight loss win a useless prize (golden protein shaker).

You could rent a gym for the shoots. and I think it would be great fun to watch the crew outside their comfort zone.

What do you guys think, and please add on this idea!

https://tweakers.net/reviews/9094/account-geblokkeerd-wat-nu.html

A
dutch tech site came out with the article above. Basically goes into what happens if your account at Google or Microsoft gets blocked, and what the impacts are.
Could be interesting to look at NAS/own mail server/other type of solutions to minimize this kind of risk for consumers, so you don't potentially lose thousands and thousands of photo's, euro's, important documents etc.

Debunk these already fellas, this one is claiming $300, $1600, $10,000 of passive income per day, ON YOUR FIRST DAY. It's free real estate.

1621465885_FreeMoney.thumb.png.74016756f59af109ead51b2c9d7c6ef8.png

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Hi got a unopened jetway amd aithon64 motherboard and I was wondering if you 

want to make a old pc with it for a video maybe see what games a state from the era could run its a m1573 chipset 

F96E3CBF-17B3-4228-AEBB-0058069E64D6.jpeg

C6E511F5-6453-4FD1-B08E-5D9BE43DDD8B.jpeg

9F8F65A3-D5EA-4C48-9DBE-E8E57C067A30.jpeg

17 hours ago, ReyTech said:

The Lego Technic 42019 App-controlled Top Gear Rally Car or (any Lego technic set honestly because they are the coolest Lego series ever), Why you ask cuz Lego is cool and Expensive just like a PC (maybe idk) 

Lego for linus..jpg

i reomend this

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

On 6/30/2021 at 7:49 PM, NoobishPro said:

Breathing PC

I fully agree with this guy and created an account JUST to tell you about this. I've been waiting for this since this guy's first video about it (when he still only made just the fan) and LMG needs to review this. It's absolutely the most insane PC mod I've seen in years, maybe even a decade or 2.

Just saw this vid myself and also made an account just to suggest this vid. I'd like to see Linus do a blind react to the video. 

An updated video on the VR treadmills that are currently in the market. Linus did a test on the old prototypes of the Virtuix Omni ~8 years ago. Noting that Virtuix are looking to ship beta units at the end of this year and Kat Walk C has a system out also I would love to see him test these and give a review on the build quality and feel of each of the systems. 

In the WAN Show July 2, 2021 both Linus and Luke expressed an extreme desire for an easy "back up your stuff on your friends NAS" soloution. And nobody responded to their request. There is actually already a easy solution called 

Resilio Sync Home

-Resilio Sync Home is an app that runs almost on any PC and more importantly on all major NAS platforms

-Like the name suggest it allows you to sync stuff between devices (and is very efficient at that)

-And you can setup "encrypted shares", so that your stuff is backed up, but the other person cannot access it. 

"The whole idea behind encrypted folders is to have your own peer on an untrusted device without revealing any of your data. Files get encrypted before transfer, and are not decrypted on the destination."

https://www.resilio.com/individuals/

And all that is even available in the free tier. So maybe you could make a video on that, or at least give them a headsup

Being one of the thousands of people that had their western digital nas drive remotely wiped (I lost 3tb of data going back to 2014) and western digital now pretty much saying the fix is to buy a new nas that can support os5 I think you should do a video on that calling them out

On 7/1/2021 at 5:03 PM, Sumaraigamee said:

Hi got a unopened jetway amd aithon64 motherboard and I was wondering if you 

want to make a old pc with it for a video maybe see what games a state from the era could run its a m1573 chipset 

F96E3CBF-17B3-4228-AEBB-0058069E64D6.jpeg

C6E511F5-6453-4FD1-B08E-5D9BE43DDD8B.jpeg

9F8F65A3-D5EA-4C48-9DBE-E8E57C067A30.jpeg

To be honest motherboards like that are cool but pretty common...

8 hours ago, Albinoguy said:

That doesn't look very legit or explosion-proof...

Can you please make a video about game launch commands? Seeing as you have been making videos with what in-game settings do.

Since right now about every "How to boost your FPS" guide is wrong, and are mostly just copy+paste from other games.

Most of the guides are saying -malloc=system, -maxMem=<your ram memory> and a few other commands are working.

Which they are generally not.

The -malloc=system is a launch command for Arma 2 and Arma 3, and have nothing to do with Unreal Engine or any other engine. and -maxMem is pretty much the same

The -force-feature-level-11-0 command is a unity engine command and does nothing in Unreal Engine games.

We really need to kill most of these launch commands, just as the -novid command life span lasted a long time before people understood it did only work for a few games.

Here's a post that really opened my eyes more than they were before:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/6aw6ei/psa_stop_reading_optimization_guides/

here are are a few example "boost" guides:

https://www.naguide.com/scavengers-best-graphic-settings-fps-boost/

https://gamegavel.com/pubg-launch-options/

https://www.houseofgamers.eu/index.php/boost-fps-in-your-pc-pubg-fps-improve-guide/

https://www.naguide.com/overkills-the-walking-dead-fps-boost/

I have a few video ideas:

1: Computer build where all of the components have RGB

2: Is the air at the bottom of the computer case really cooler or is that a myth

3: Using car AC refrigerant to cool a computer

4: If the motherboard was upside down and the graphics card was near the top of the case, what would that do to thermals

5. Trying to get a CPU to run at 6ghz

Hey I find an interseting thing on Aliexpress

Guess what, A RGB SHOWER HEAD!

Come on you have already made a GAMING bathroom, should it get more RGB?

S10704-13000907.png

S10704-12591474.png

9 hours ago, Hexxagone said:

I have a few video ideas:

1: Computer build where all of the components have RGB

They pretty much did that in this video:

How about a video on how to get Adaptive Sync working on Intel's integrated graphics?

I'm sure there are many people who are missing GPUs right now.

see: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/enabling-intel-adaptive-sync-with-11th-generation-intel-processor-graphics-and-microsoft.html

Also, another idea (for Techquickie maybe?) as to why Intel were capable of hitting 10nm on mobile processors and the reasons why it wasn't possible with their desktop processors. What is fundamentally different between the two?

Edited by Jestering
Added another idea.

4 minutes ago, SzalkaiSA said:

I know that you guys love watercooling everything. But did you guys ever tried watercooling....YOUR CABLE?

It might be against a firewall?