Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter
14 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

panel isn't curved

You was not watching latest Linus videos? Joking

There isn’t a Techlinked suggestion thread, o posting here.

I know that Jon now works part time and remotely, but thought it would be cool if Jon remotes in to co-host and episode of “TalkLinked” with Riley or was brought on as a guest for the WAN Show where he uses his law background to give his take on the Epic v. Apple lawsuit. Thought that would be cool.

Review of pen screens, like the Wacom, but also other brands available on Amazon as they will probably be hot items for educators with school being online this year.

I was recently thinking about the new ATX 12VO specification and had a thought:

Per Intel's Specification Document (section 3.2.1), the 12 volt rails of a compliant unit should output 12V ±5%, so 11.4 - 12.6 volts.

By happenstance, at least according to info on the AdvanceAutoParts website, a fully charged car battery "...should get a reading of 12.6 volts. If the battery isn’t fully charged, it will diminish to 12.4V at 75%, 12V when it’s only operating at 25%, and down to 11.9V when it’s completely discharged." So the output from a car battery should fall completely within the Intel spec.

Additionally, a typical mid-sized sedan these days will use a ~600 CCA battery which will likely to have a charge capacity of ~50 amp-hours. Doing the math this means that for a PC drawing 500W you should be able to run the PC off the battery for a bit over an hour.

I think this means that (at least in theory) you should be able to just clamp the exposed ends of some snipped off power supply cables straight to the terminals of your car's battery terminals and run your ATX 12VO PC from it with no other alterations to your system.

I'd like to see this tested, mad scientist style.

Hi,

This is very first post. Please review the new Dell Alienware M15 R3. The R2 was reviewed about a year ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHOMc4XU8jM&t=272s). Wanted to know LTT opinion of the new model.  

Regards
Anusatya

What if you took a bunch of curved monitors and arranged them into a circle. I have no clue if this would even be possible, but I think it would be a cool video to watch.

BBC (UK state broadcasting company) computer from the 1980's running Elite on 32K memory.

Designed as a educational tool long before PC's and became the first gaming computer with a full keyboard.

"A special split-screen mode was used by Elite on the BBC Model B to save memory but allow some colours for the low resolution cockpit front panel."

"Elite proved hugely influential, serving as a model for other games including Wing Commander: Privateer,[9] Grand Theft Auto,[10] EVE Online,[11][12][13] Freelancer,[9] the X series[and No Man's Sky"

Hey guys

You should do a LTT Awards for:

- Best budget GPU
- Best Mid GPU
- Best high end GPU
- Best budget phone 
- Best mid phone
- Best high end phone
- Best budget PC case etc
- Best mother board etc;
- Monitors ... etc

with runner ups

and so on .. 

Would love to see your picks on all tech :D

Make this a video for the holiday season :)

1. Review of Tailscale's unique Mesh Routing/p2p VPN/VPN client thingy

based on Wireguard (free for personal use)

https://tailscale.com/ and if and how can it be used for better personal security, anonymity, etc. and even if it's any good.

Hey, guys. This is my first forum post here. I just watched LTT's older video about a $40,000 PC to hopefully take the top spot in 3DMark Time Spy rankings. I was wondering if 4 RTX 3090's in quad SLI is possible to achieve this goal. Yes, I know it would be expensive, and difficult to get 4 of the cards (once they are released), but I wondered if it could be done. This may be less powerful than their previous attempt, or just not practical to try, but I think that it would be an interesting video. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

The 3090 won't even support SLi

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

10 minutes ago, thatoneguy123 said:

Hey, guys. This is my first forum post here. I just watched LTT's older video about a $40,000 PC to hopefully take the top spot in 3DMark Time Spy rankings. I was wondering if 4 RTX 3090's in quad SLI is possible to achieve this goal. Yes, I know it would be expensive, and difficult to get 4 of the cards (once they are released), but I wondered if it could be done. This may be less powerful than their previous attempt, or just not practical to try, but I think that it would be an interesting video. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Merged to video suggestions.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I thought it was the only 30-series card to support it though?

10 minutes ago, thatoneguy123 said:

I don't think quad sli is a thing anymore

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

image.png.171e55a985bc0ed0125e92d9f326141d.png

🤔

not sure if it supports 4-way SLI though, couldn't find a picture of how many SLI fingers the 3090 has.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, Kanna said:

It does. 

I've never seen any reference to more than 2-way NVlink though.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

image.png.171e55a985bc0ed0125e92d9f326141d.png

🤔

not sure if it supports 4-way SLI though, couldn't find a picture of how many SLI fingers the 3090 has.

Ohh maybe I should dig more than a quick google search but as you say it might not support 4-way SLI as the 2080 didn't 

Just now, Kilrah said:

It does. 

I've never seen any reference to more than 2-way NVlink though.

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

3 minutes ago, itswillum said:

I thought it was the only 30-series card to support it though?

Well a quick google search said no on support some digging said yes on support, lesson learned don't trust google (and for god's sake not bing either)

Reminder⚠️

[Video Request] All 2+ Petabytes of the Microsoft Flight Simulator World Downloaded offline.

It will only be about 2.5 Petabytes but I think it can be done. 

@CTR topic merged in videos suggestion thread.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER