Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter
Just now, dizmo said:

Right. Which am embroidery shop can do. There isn't really a reason for LTT to cover it though 🤷🏻‍♂️

I disagree. What if I'm somewhat mistaken & haven't covered everyone when I thought I did? Besides, there are no videos on it anywhere on Youtube like I said. So why not? Not to brag or anything, but I think it's brilliant even if it might seem a little crazy or whatnot.

2 hours ago, Kjennings92 said:

I would really appreciate it if you guys share the crap out of this post so that someone on the team would actually notice this & hopefully make a video about it! 

Merged to official and monitored suggestion thread. Please search before posting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, Kjennings92 said:

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool if I could actually have my own gaming chair but with some custom art or a custom design on it?" Pretty interesting idea, huh? There's only 1 problem: from what I have researched & learned over the past couple of months, I haven't yet been able to find any manufacturers or companies who can do this upon request which really both surprised & disappointed me.

https://www.needforseatusa.com/en_us/shop/chairs/by-size/pro-gaming-office.html?co_branding=121

That's what's been on the WAN show set for years. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Do a video on Youtube Alternatives such as peertube and Lbry

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

Review of Xiaomi Redmibook 16 with Ryzen 4700U? Comparison with a Macbook would be cool.
Redmibook 16 is around $800-840 with highest specs (4700U, 16GB of RAM and 512GB SSD).
spacer.png

Hey, I would like to see Linus review the new notebook (Erazer Beast X10) from the manufacturer Medion in Germany. The display of the notebook has a repetition rate of 300hz.

Hi

So 2 suggestions for video.

1. Making philips ambilight "hack".

Use a very cheap projector

Hdmi splitter

Point projector to tv and cover the tv part with something

2. Capturing vhs to digital while using new nvidia shield tv upscaling function. Will it work?

Hello Linus Team,

I'm a citizen of Poland and i'm big fan of your channel and your crew!

I know soon you will do an Ampere review. Just wanted to give video suggestion.

1st topic : AMPERE:
- PCIE 4.0 vs PCIE 3.0 (as 3090 might still not fully utilize full PCIE 3.0 BW, would be nice to see if closing to max threshold make actually huge difference)
- Power and VRAM Consumption of 3080 and 3090 with and without OC / RTX ON/OFF  in couple games in 1440p, 2160p (personally i would love to know, if 10GB VRAM in 3080 RTX will be enough for 1440p future games with RTX ON and all possible ultra preset) as well as thermals compare of few AiBs vs FE new cooling solution
- 2 vs 3 8x pins AiB setups performance, when breaching 375Watts (especially when using minimum req PSU)
i also wonder if there might be slight thermal differences when pulling similar wattage toward card via 2 vs 3 8 pins vs 12 nvidia pin connectors
- Legacy vs Message Signaled Interrupts - X performance/latency in new RTX cards (if Legacy will be set on by default in nvidia drivers)

2nd Topic: RAM Disk
I would like to see, how RAM Disk could affect 0.1% lows in games, when game would be fully loaded to RAM disk with really high speed/low latency, lets say 4866 Mhz ones. Some various games below <100GB to fit let's say 128 GB rigs (from AAA games, to some old code demanding like World of Warcraft). 128 GB rigs might have no sense for gamer right now, but i'm just interested if fully loaded game to ram, could actually lower the 0.1% lows fps by a lot.

Once again, you're great guys! Really valuable channel, as well as forum, for everyone, who wants to extend their knowledge.

Adding led's to a keyboard that doesn't have it. Or, taking switches off of a keyboard that doesn't have lights and putting them on one, esp one that doesn't have easily removable switches. I love the cooler master novatouch but want it with rgb. 

novatouch.jpg

Mini ITX KVM/HyperVisor style PC.

First - long time viewer, always love the content. With how many virtualization videos you guys have been doing (1 CPU 7 Gamers, the Temple OS video, etc..) I feel that this may be a somewhat interesting idea.

The idea. Build a Mini-ITX PC that primarily runs Debian/Ubuntu/Linux OS of choice that specifically runs just KVM + qemu libraries to provide the best (as far as I'm currently aware of) virtualization experience. This little Mini-ITX machine would utilize KVM/qemu to enable PCI-E passthrough with near lossless performance (theoretically) to your Windows 10 OS for gaming, as well as be the host OS for the rest of the guests that are set up.

Why tho? I'm glad this was at the forefront of your mind. Because it's cool man. The idea is to allow additional VMs to run on that same machine so you can use it for testing out other operating systems without having to do a bare metal install or have a dedicated VM machine for testing things out. This could be your "ultimate" gaming machine, running multiple versions of Windows (e.g., (98/2000/ME/XP/7/10) so that you'd be able to effectively run games from any era of Windows gaming on a single machine - almost like an arcade cabinet with thousands of arcade games, but instead it's a small PC that runs multiple versions of Windows with hundreds of games available to each version.

Also - this allows you to easily use VM snapshots for backups of your data (in theory you could run something like Amazon's File Gateway as a VM on the same box and mount an S3 bucket to your computer to easily store backups in Amazon's cloud for backups).

Overall, does something like this seem kinda ridiculous for your average person to use? Yeah, kinda. That's why I sent it to you guys though - it just seems like it would be a lot of fun putting together and testing out how effective virtualizing your daily driver PC is.

Side note - if you guys did decide to try something like this out, while as a consumer I would use something like an i9-9900k in this build, if it were possible to get your hands onto a Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G (OEM only, though assuming you guys were aware and probably just as disappointed as me) that would be ideal, as the integrated APU of the 4750G would be great for handling the Host/Non-Windows 10 guest OS displays, while you use the single PCI-E slot of the Mini-ITX board to install the beefiest GPU for the PCI-E passthrough to your W10 guest.

@LinusTech In your RTX Ampere review please make sure to verify Nvidia's Claim's that their chonky and THICC coolers are effective at not only keeping the BIGG GPUs cool ( Jensen Claimed 20 Degrees, he didn't mention celsius or farenheit though) but also quiet.

PS : Do something like your little wind-tunnel thingy, sorry If I can't remember the exact video *gets lost in the glorious sight of 238 Tensor cores*

NVidia's 30 Series Founder's Edition cards airflow effecting CPU temps

On 3/21/2019 at 2:46 AM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

I want to see a HVAC cooling system cooling CPU and GPU. If somehow you can insert a CPU block into a simple refrigeration cycle.

Just now, Ashish777 said:

I want to see a HVAC cooling system cooling CPU and GPU. If somehow you can insert a CPU block into a simple refrigeration cycle.

Funny you should mention HVAC because I will be taking a HVAC course at Bates Technical Collage this winter.

1 minute ago, gloop said:

1. SLI is only for the 3080

2. I don't see any mention of pcie gen4 on that website you linked.

and they specifiacaly said in the announcement that there will be sli, its in their slides

1 minute ago, -PB said:

Have any figures that back up your claim that Gen4 brings actual performance gains?

1 minute ago, -PB said:

and they specifiacaly said in the announcement that there will be sli, its in their slides

Then tell me why on the official nVidia website it only shows support for SLI on the 3090 product page?

3 minutes ago, gloop said:

Have any figures that back up your claim that Gen4 brings actual performance gains?

Then tell me why on the official nVidia website it only shows support for SLI on the 3090 product page?

soooo i posted a thread "pls 4x water cooled gtx 3090"

and said that nvidia is dumb if they dont go pcie4, never anything about sli, but hey the added that feature anyway.

Literally everything i speculated is a fact now. 

and youre asking me for more proof? bruh  

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

Compare the efficiency of a 230v vs 110v psu

Gaming Pc - 6700k - gtx980 - 16gb 3000 - 1080p

Mac Pro - x5960 - rx580 - 16gb 1333 - 4k

Macbook Pro - Mid 2015 top of range

Race Car - R33 Gtst - Big Turbo - All the Power (Drift)

On 3/20/2019 at 10:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Can you take like a 25 year old laptop Sasi and build like a gaming laptop in it with a custom Waterloop. it should fit in if you lay down everything flat. Basically build a sleeper laptop.

Image credit: 

2a3xndjdwyo31.jpg

Hi LTT,

Your channel has got me way more interested in tech.  One thing I consider when choosing a phone, computer, TV etc. is the sustainability of the materials, how much the company tries to recycle, responsible sourcing, and the lifespan / energy use of the product.  It's not easy to find that info and Apple bangs the drum harder than most; I'd love a video comparing major companies (Dell, Intel, AMD, Apple, Nvidia, Asus, Sony) and maybe telling us how we can enjoy tech in the most sustainable way.  Maybe even something on the new tech being developed to make touch screens without certain rare elements that are becoming very hard to find.

Thanks!