Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

A video comparing virtual machine solutions to eachother and examples of their uses could be interesting. Please include at least the following solutions. Please also describe how this can be used to enhance your security on the internet, for example I use a computer that hosts Ubuntu and Windows 10 virtual machines in a DMZ on my home network that are only used as game servers friends and family use to connect to my gaming sessions and these computers do not have access out to the rest of my network.

Bare metal solutions

Unraid, link this to previous LTT videos that include unraid such as

7 Ganers, 1 CPU
    2 Gaming rigs, 1 tower

8 (or is it 10?) Gamers, 1 CPU

THIS Replaced Every PC in my House!

Installed on host operating systems

OracleVirtualbox

VMWare Player

Windows 10 Pro Hyper-V Manager

Either baremetal or installed on host operating systems

Freenas

Possible uses

Multiple desktops on served remotely

Servers for Minecraft and other games

NAS storage

VPN host

firewall

Linus,

Can you do a review of this

Dell - G5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - 144Hz - AMD Ryzen 7 - 8GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 5600M - 512GB Solid State Drive - grey

Model:i5505-A753GRY-PUS

SKU:6409421

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-g5-15-6-gaming-laptop-144hz-amd-ryzen-7-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-5600m-512gb-solid-state-drive-grey/6409421.p?skuId=6409421

I wish they could do some form of Scrapyard Wars without the dangers of actual contact with people due to current world problems. It could have Linus and maybe have Luke involved if possible since I think it wouldn't be the same without him. They could have a set limit of an hour or so to order everything they need to build the most powerful pc within their set budget and they would only be allowed to order used components. They should also not have huge budgets maybe $300-400 which I think would really make for an entertaining video. Maybe throw in some extra hurdles like they can't use certain major websites so it really takes some effort to get the victory

I would like to see a video where the LMG basically take a bunch of stuff that was left unreviewed and put them in 1 minute chunks

an ultra budget itx system build in Canadian rubles would be awesome to see.

as itx seems to be quite expensive.

Building on older sockets would be cool, I think. Would show us how much manufacturers improved since LGA1155/775 days or maybe even show us that they have better value.

I would like to see a duel use PC. As a Mechanical Engineer student, seeing something that is a great gaming rig that is also a powerful engineering design and testing rig would be nice. Some thing that can run games, Computer aided drafting/rendering software, and Finite Element Analysis  software. Have it do it all fast and stable. I could really use that kind of PC. Half of my school work has to be run through the school VPN on their servers. Everything is slow. 

A call to folding for the official LTT folding month: 

Maybe instaling f@h on all computers in Linus' house. That'd be fun

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

You guys should make a video on a rgb usb hub. I have one, don't know where i got it. Only usb 2.0. 7 ports

WIN_20200929_13_20_28_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200929_13_20_40_Pro.jpg

Subzero Raspberry Pi 4 with an out of this world overclock. Sounds like somthing linus would do....

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

How about a video on how you setup the LAN center/shared game libraries? I can't be the only one with multiple PCs and a NAS at home. Tell us how LTT would solve the issue below.

You could do a video about 'The Wonders of Wish" where you look into weird computer stuff on wish (see below for  an example).

https://www.wish.com/product/5dbf92defcd3c13a390e4d45?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=US&_force_currency_code=USD&pid=googleadwords_int&c={campaignId}&ad_cid=5dbf92defcd3c13a390e4d45&ad_cc=US&ad_lang=EN&ad_curr=USD&ad_price=22.85&share=web

"New 4 Ports PCIe Riser Adapter Board PCI-E 1x to 4 USB 3.0 PCI-E Rabbet GPU Riser Extender Ethereum ETH/Monero XMR/Zcash ZEC 16X External Slot Card Multiplier for Miner Mining BTC"

risercard, usb, pcaccessorie, Tool

Other weird things could be included, and this could be like the video you did awhile ago where you had a few different people pick out and demonstrate weird things they found.

2 hours ago, TBG_Killer said:

How about a video on how you setup the LAN center/shared game libraries? I can't be the only one with multiple PCs and a NAS at home. Tell us how LTT would solve the issue below.

They already tackled that in videos, their answer was a steam cache server.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

SilverStone is releasing a 1650W PSU. If anyone can use this to its full potential, it's the folks at LTT. https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=931&area=en

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

@LinusTech @CPotter Interested in doing a review on a fully 3D printed PC case?

IMG_20200929_193936830_HDR.thumb.jpg.c1375788337b8de1f9621768ec27540c.jpgIMG_20200929_194126399_HDR.thumb.jpg.fc2f731a8f1861525bac08f3f954dfdc.jpg

If so, contact me at nikolas.kur@gmail.com. This is a PC I made 2 years ago and I don't use it much anymore, so I can send it to you for review. It would make a great video content I think.

Real quick on the specs:
- ryzen 3

- gtx 1050ti Low Profile

- Internal 300w psu

- RGB LED!

- Mini ITX making a really small footprint of 24x18x9 cm.

3 hours ago, Nikolas_kur said:

fully 3D printed PC case?

Nice, really similar to mine 😂

DSC06757_r.thumb.jpg.5f3e8d9e478e0861ddfbce0b23acfd37.jpg

DSC06756_r.thumb.jpg.5242369766f543955e67fea9711d4e24.jpg

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Hello Linus-Team!
I have a question: is there any difference in respect to the thunderbolt-controller-overhead when ice-lake and whiskey-lake are compared? As fas as I know ice-lake is using some sort of "integrated thunderbolt 3", so I wonder if that has some effect on the previously present eGPU constraints. I am about to get an eGPU set-up for my XPS 13 2-in-1 (i7 Ice Lake) and wonder which GPU makes most sense for me (1440p). Is there any plan to revisit the state of eGPU in 2020?
Thank you!

Dry water for cooling

I had watch a video about dry water and in the video. They submerge the pc in aquarium full of dry water but it doesn't have heat exchanger or anything.

I think it is interesting to see more in depth on that.

The video is

https://youtu.be/cR4Mutf1kQg

Timestamp at 11:30

Screenshot_2020-09-30-16-46-06-00_7a4090f09f6554852d748ee9fd6f40d3.jpg

Screenshot_2020-09-30-16-46-31-38_7a4090f09f6554852d748ee9fd6f40d3.jpg

A video series in a similar vein to iSwitched to Mac but with Linux. The way I see it they could go two ways with it, get Linus some sweet System76 hardware or just install some Linux distros on Linus' existing hardware. I know that LTT has been covering Linux a lot more recently (they are one of the main driving forces behind me fully switching to Linux) but in every single video where Linux was featured Linus was just using what Anthony had preconfigured for him. It would be really cool to hear his thoughts on the entire experience after switching to it full time for a week maybe. Anyway if you do decide to do it It'd be great to see the process that Linus uses to select what distro he wants to use as well.

"Can LMG Employees Pass GCSE Computer Science?"

(or whatever the Canadian equiavalent is)

GCSEs, by the way, are exams we take when we are 16 years old here in the UK. The Computer Science one is pretty simple really but I can still imagine Linus tripping up on some of the questions... would be quite funny to watch.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.