Are you a morning person?

Murasaki

I'm certainly not! Waking up is such a terrible experience every day. What about everyone else? Does someone actually wake up feeling fresh most of time? For me it's maybe once or twice a year... 

I'm convinced morning people don't exist. they just get up super early, so by the time "normal" people wake up, they have already gotten over that bump

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Considering I can't remember the last time I went to sleep before 1am, hell no. I have tried multiple times to start going to sleep/waking up earlier, it always lasted a few days at most since I would just be tired the whole day no matter how much sleep I got.

I wake at 8pm and sleep around 1pm

Am I a morning person?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I'm convinced morning people don't exist. they just get up super early, so by the time "normal" people wake up, they have already gotten over that bump

That makes sense. Too bad sometimes I still haven't gotten over the bump all the way up to noon. I hate it! 

3 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Considering I can't remember the last time I went to sleep before 1am, hell no. I have tried multiple times to start going to sleep/waking up earlier, it always lasted a few days at most since I would just be tired the whole day no matter how much sleep I got.

I've tried all that sleep cycle thingy to narrow down specific times when I go to sleep and wake up but HOW DOES ONE KNOW WHEN THEY ACTUALLY FALL ASLEEP??? 

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I wake at 8pm and sleep around 1pm

Am I a morning person?

Nope!

8 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Nope!

But I is awake during the morning!

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Yup. I love getting up early.
More day to do stuff in.
Takes me about 5 minutes to go from sleepy to alert. 
A cup of coffee or tea on top of that and i'm ready to go.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

12 minutes ago, techswede said:

Yup. I love getting up early.
More day to do stuff in.
Takes me about 5 minutes to go from sleepy to alert. 
A cup of coffee or tea on top of that and i'm ready to go.

I envy you. Actually I don't drink coffee at all yes I'm weird. Though even if I do it doesn't make much of a difference. 

If being a morning person means staying up until 5am either because I'm bored or just don't care anymore, than count me in.

But if it means going to bed early (like that's even possible anymore) and getting up at or around 5am, then F**K it.

1 minute ago, Murasaki said:

I envy you. Actually I don't drink coffee at all yes I'm weird. Though even if I do it doesn't make much of a difference. 

Coffee doesn't really do anything to me other than act as a little bit of a hint to my body that its time to get shit done.

I've basically Pavlov'd myself over the years. 
Didn't start out as a morning person.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

4 minutes ago, Phas3L0ck said:

If being a morning person means staying up until 5am either because I'm bored or just don't care anymore, than count me in.

But if it means going to bed early (like that's even possible anymore) and getting up at or around 5am, then F**K it.

I find going to bed early pretty hard since it just ends up in a couple of hours of lying in bed and doing nothing. Doesn't make much difference if I've slept 2 hours or 8 or 12. Still wake up like crap! 

I am not a morning person but I am forced to wake up at 6am for school before covid.

My parents tho loved the morning, dad wakes up a 4:30 am although his work starts at like 8 am.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

22 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

I am not a morning person but I am forced to wake up at 6am for school before covid.

My parents tho loved the morning, dad wakes up a 4:30 am although his work starts at like 8 am.

Oh the dreams of waking up earlier having breakfast and catching up on some news! My version of that is setting up my alarm half an hour early. Now my morning is the alarm going off half an hour early and I just hit the snooze button a few times. Fail. 

I did wake up easy and fast when I was still in school. But now I'm old and feel even older when I get up. 

36 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

I find going to bed early pretty hard since it just ends up in a couple of hours of lying in bed and doing nothing. Doesn't make much difference if I've slept 2 hours or 8 or 12. Still wake up like crap! 

Usually i get up around 05:50, 06:00 on the regular days, in the weekend around 07:00, for me it feels a waste to stay in bed over the weekend longer than that. 
And regarding the problem you have when staying in bed for few hours etc, try using your phone less before bed or doing some workout during the day or leave your phone away from your bed so when it rings you have to get up to turn it off.
Morning people are just people with better habits, and you just get used to it, but don't expect to go in bed in 2 am every night and wonder why you can get up early 😄  

34 minutes ago, Kadzo said:

Usually i get up around 05:50, 06:00 on the regular days, in the weekend around 07:00, for me it feels a waste to stay in bed over the weekend longer than that. 
And regarding the problem you have when staying in bed for few hours etc, try using your phone less before bed or doing some workout during the day or leave your phone away from your bed so when it rings you have to get up to turn it off.
Morning people are just people with better habits, and you just get used to it, but don't expect to go in bed in 2 am every night and wonder why you can get up early 😄  

Heard about phones in bed contributing to that but I don't really use my phone much at home since computer and all that. Though monitors are screens too so maybe I'm just doomed in that regard. I have tried leaving my phone away from bed before, oh it's painful and it makes me cranky :x

1 minute ago, Murasaki said:

Heard about phones in bed contributing to that but I don't really use my phone much at home since computer and all that. Though monitors are screens too so maybe I'm just doomed in that regard. I have tried leaving my phone away from bed before, oh it's painful and it makes me cranky :x

That's what i meant not the phones specific but any device that is emitting blue light, there were a couple of studies that prove effects of blue lights on you sleeping habit. If you have problems getting to sleep with out watching something try listening to podcast without looking in the monitor , for any habit to have effect on you, you have preform it for a minimum 27 days (some studies show even more lets stay at 27) so try doing it for a month and then see is it worth to you. . 

If that doesn't help try getting more tired (workout, go for a walk etc.) and actually find a good reason to get up and i am not talking going for work, if you want to have food and you have to work, i am talking finding something that will be wort for you to get up.

10 minutes ago, Kadzo said:

snip snip

Well I do use f.lux which lowers blue light at night so hope that helps. I do have the habit of watching something in bed (at a distance) before sleep. Thanks for the helpful info! I'm not sure if I can break out of these habits but working out sounds like a good idea to start with. Oh and trust me i can't be motivated enough AT ALL by anything to get up earlier effectively. Maybe if I won a few million dollars? 

Edited by Murasaki
touchscreen doesn't like me

Yes, but not by choice.

8 am lectures are the best! I mean, I chose those lectures, but it's still annoying.

Used to have to be out of the house by 6 am for about half a year and it sucked alot but after 3-5 minutes youre kinda already awake so its not that bad.

I'm definitely a night person. Waking up early is still a skill I want to master, I really need it since I will be graduating soon and getting a fulltime job.

Since 2020 my sleeping habits became so bad, often not sleeping or sometimes even starting to sleep at 6 or 7 am and waking up after lunchtime.

For some reason I often still feel sleepy/tired after sleeping 'only' 7 hours, I really need 8 at minimum to feel energetic.

Even though I'm not a morning person, managing to wake up early and feeling good is so refreshing. The morning peace, the sun shining and feeling you didn't waste the morning.

tbh, I'm definitely not. I will wake up at the latest time possible before I am late for my things

woah, it's a signature

I am. I hate sleeping in. Even if I could do it, it just feels like such a waste of time.

Hot take: many people who claim they are "not morning people" just stay up until 3am on their phones instead of going to sleep at a normal time.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈