Are Gamers Being Punished LoL

Ianc1982

Is it me ? Is it a UK thing? 

I feel as a gamer in the UK we are being punished, So I want to game but can't get hold of a PS5 or XBOX series or even a decent graphics card and what I can get is way over priced it just feels as if things are being held back just to squeeze a few extra pounds/dollars off of people.

Taxation is not being punished.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

16 minutes ago, Ianc1982 said:

Is it me ? Is it a UK thing? 

I feel as a gamer in the UK we are being punished, So I want to game but can't get hold of a PS5 or XBOX series or even a decent graphics card and what I can get is way over priced it just feels as if things are being held back just to squeeze a few extra pounds/dollars off of people.

Just so you know, it's not just UK. It's this way all over the world. PS5 and new XBOX are both very hard to obtain or they have ridiculous prices. Same with a lot of PC components, especially graphic cards and CPU's. And checking laptops offerings, also very limited as stores that always had bunch of them in stock now have entire pages of "Sold out" laptops. I don't know if you have noticed, but world has gone to shits because of this one lame virus. And it'll be this way to summer 2021 when things should start to slowly stabilize. But very slowly. I think supply issues will drag for a bit longer than that.

Yes. All manufacturers have decided they dont like gamers so they cut production down significantly to force them to waste all their money on the secondary market.

There is nothing Console makers and GPU manufacturers hate more than gamers at the moment.

Spoiler

/s

yes i did have to put this here.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Yea, games are too addicting so the manufacturers wants to limit the sales of them to gamers and sell the hardwares exclusively to miners, where they're used to generate revenue rather than wasting people's time

But they don't want to make the rich 1% angry so they raised the price, rich people who can pay up still gets to game, while the poor gamers are being punished

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I know gamers aren't actually being punished lol, but all the manufacturers are advertising and pushing there new equipment yet you can't get hold of it, I just want to build a pc for my business and some gaming but it seems even a mid table gpu is hard to get hold of.

14 minutes ago, Ianc1982 said:

I know gamers aren't actually being punished lol, but all the manufacturers are advertising and pushing there new equipment yet you can't get hold of it, I just want to build a pc for my business and some gaming but it seems even a mid table gpu is hard to get hold of.

I think "they" (hw manufacturers?) just didn't anticipate this utter lack of parts... I mean they're now apparently "re-releasing" 2060 and 1050 cards... this doesn't really make sense, except they know they can't deliver what the promised and are in complete 'panic mode'... 

What annoys me personally is the complete lack of information, communication from these companies (its really just AMD an nVidia isn't it) could be much better.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

No, this is an amazing time for gaming.

It isnt a good time for enthusiast high end stuff. People who are wanting to buy the hardware that is experiencing shortages make up a small percentage of gamers. I can see the console percentage being higher than the PC percentage though.

1080p gaming at 144Hz can be done on the relative cheap and games on PC are not expensive at all. The average (PC) gamer out there uses a 1060ti or an RX580 and plays games like CSGO, DOTA and other games that do not need top end hardware.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Oh yeah for sure. Manufacturers whose business depends on them selling stuff are purposely making it hard for you to buy their products. And they are all banded together, disregarding any cartel laws to jack up prices so that they can sell even less of their stuff.

I hope what now is happening proves why we need competition, and would need more than just couple of major chip manufacturers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, Ianc1982 said:

Yea dont mind people that are just pretending to be a smarty-pants and snubbing you out/laughing at you thinking that one is a kook if he believes (god forbid) that a bunch of rich people with total control over the distribution and supply would ever design a plan to increase their profits if that meant that many people had either to be cut off of the supply or (since there is no option B) yield and buy at their higher pricetags that is insane, no rich guy with total control over A would talk with a rich guy with total control over B to exploit a situation if there is lots of money to be made!  Only tinfoils and kooks would think that this is the case! 

It is all because reasons... you know the usual blury "common sense" stuff,  capitalism free market yada yada yada as if capitalism and free market or for profit is something that has just been invented today and never existed in the past when prices were good or there were never people  who tried to exploit stuff and got punished for it even if it had to be years later. 

5 hours ago, Levent said:

Taxation is not being punished.

I don't think it's a taxation matter in this case.

Looks to be more like yet another thread about how scalpers buy everything, so there's no stock...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Jokes aside (which I'm guessing stems from some people out there unironically believing in "gamer oppression" :old-tongue:), you're just wanting to build or buy at a really horrible time.  Essentially, all the good parts are made by a handful of chip fabricators (I believe Samsung and TSMC), which auto manufacturers (onboard car crap), Apple (M1 macs), Nvidia (GPUs), AMD (GPUs and CPUs), Microsoft (Series X | S), and Sony (PS5) are all fighting for access to for their new products, combined with normal chip demands from companies like Qualcomm and the issues covid has caused for the global supply chain; even without scalpers, a lot of gamers would still go empty handed right now.  Scalpers are obviously exacerbating the problem, and since many retailers really don't care who buys their stock, just that it's sold, its incredibly frustrating.  I do honestly believe companies like Microsoft and Sony care somewhat about who buys their consoles, mainly because a console sitting in a scalpers garage means one less person buying games.  Yet they've seemingly done nothing to put pressure on the people selling their consoles, and clearly, neither has Nvidia nor AMD for their highly sought hardware.

This is made worse, because shortages and scalpers have increased demand for used parts, making them go up in price.  My EVGA 2060 XC Black I bought for like $310 back in early march ($20 off MSRP, plus I got an additional $20 off MIR) is currently available on Amazon from one seller for $830, and have sold on ebay for anywhere between $380 to $530.

The only company that seems to be somewhat accessible to consumers is Intel, and part of that, I believe, is because they have their own chip fab (though correct me if I'm wrong).

Honestly?  If you got the money, just get a pre-built.  It's the easiest way to get something like a 3070 or a Zen 3 chip right now.  Not sure if EVGA ships to the UK, but their site has a queue now, so there's that too.  It sucks not to have the fun of building your dream pc, or, well, any PC, but that's life right now, sadly...

"Are Gamers Being Punished"

... god I fu**ing hope so.

It's a toxic, pedantic, stupid industry that only fuels cheap copy cat stupid games leaving innovation and advancement in the trash.

Oh look another fu**ing CoD game that plays exactly the same as the last ten. Oh look 'ZOMG CYBERPUNKS SO AMAZING' -> one glitch -> OmG I'm raiSIng a cLASs AcTIon LaWSuit WAAA. 

Then you have the abundance of racism, homophobia, sexism and just plain dickhead behaviour online. Hackers. Griefers. Quitters.

All for what? Crysis 2007 can still do far more than most modern FPS ... We have literally stalled and not moved anywhere. The more popular it gets the worst the innovation is. Want an example of how starved the industry is for innovation? The most popular game is a literal  10 year old block building childrens game, the fads are literally kids games showing the smallest iota of innovation (fall guys/among us). 

I think it says an awful lot that Linus, builder of god tier gaming monsters ... gets bored within minutes every-time he plays something. Firing up the exact same benchmarking tools and whatnot. Hell I think he admits he enjoys building PC's more than playing on them.

If a couple expensive components and stock problems are punishment, it ain't enough. Gamers have bought nothing but ruin to their industry.

5 minutes ago, Amias said:

It's a toxic, pedantic, stupid industry that only fuels cheap copy cat stupid games leaving innovation and advancement in the trash.

Oh look another fu**ing CoD game that plays exactly the same as the last ten. Oh look 'ZOMG CYBERPUNKS SO AMAZING' -> one glitch -> OmG I'm raiSIng a cLASs AcTIon LaWSuit WAAA. 

Then you have the abundance of racism, homophobia, sexism and just plain dickhead behaviour online. Hackers. Griefers. Quitters.

All for what? Crysis 2007 can still do far more than most modern FPS ... We have literally stalled and not moved anywhere. The more popular it gets the worst the innovation is. Want an example of how starved the industry is for innovation? The most popular game is a literal  10 year old block building childrens game, the fads are literally kids games showing the smallest iota of innovation (fall guys/among us). 

I think it says an awful lot that Linus, builder of god tier gaming monsters ... gets bored within minutes every-time he plays something. Firing up the exact same benchmarking tools and whatnot. Hell I think he admits he enjoys building PC's more than playing on them.

If a couple expensive components and stock problems are punishment, it ain't enough. Gamers have bought nothing but ruin to their industry.

If your only knowledge of gaming is the AAA scene, you're missing out on a lot. There are tons of amazing indie titles that are doing new things all the time.

10 minutes ago, Amias said:

You don't have to deal with that if you don't play online games 😎

11 minutes ago, Amias said:

The most popular game is a literal  10 year old block building childrens game

Coming from the pov of someone who doesn't really play the game all that much, Minecraft isn't a children's game. Before it became wildly popular and was snatched up by Microsoft, many considered it to be part of the Indie scene. And it's most definitely an innovative and enjoyable title. Name another game that came before Minecraft that's anything like it?

The bottom line is, in a market saturated with more video game titles than you could ever play in your lifetime, there are bound to be just as many good titles as there are bad. And just because the community of a game is somewhat toxic doesn't mean the game itself is inherently bad. There's still a lot of fun to be had with video games, and if you know where to look you can find games that new neat, innovative things. Online AAA games aren't the only thing out there to enjoy. There are plenty of other smaller titles, or even offline singleplayer games that offer a great story-based experience. But those games will never get as much exposure as AAA multiplayer titles. And because AAA multiplayer titles get so much more exposure, they're bound to draw in a larger demographic, and through that have a larger amount of unpleasant people in their playerbase. But you can't say that just because those games or the people who play those games are "bad" that the entirety of gaming is bad.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

11 hours ago, metaleggman said:

Jokes aside (which I'm guessing stems from some people out there unironically believing in "gamer oppression" :old-tongue:), you're just wanting to build or buy at a really horrible time.  Essentially, all the good parts are made by a handful of chip fabricators (I believe Samsung and TSMC), which auto manufacturers (onboard car crap), Apple (M1 macs), Nvidia (GPUs), AMD (GPUs and CPUs), Microsoft (Series X | S), and Sony (PS5) are all fighting for access to for their new products, combined with normal chip demands from companies like Qualcomm and the issues covid has caused for the global supply chain; even without scalpers, a lot of gamers would still go empty handed right now.  Scalpers are obviously exacerbating the problem, and since many retailers really don't care who buys their stock, just that it's sold, its incredibly frustrating.  I do honestly believe companies like Microsoft and Sony care somewhat about who buys their consoles, mainly because a console sitting in a scalpers garage means one less person buying games.  Yet they've seemingly done nothing to put pressure on the people selling their consoles, and clearly, neither has Nvidia nor AMD for their highly sought hardware.

This is made worse, because shortages and scalpers have increased demand for used parts, making them go up in price.  My EVGA 2060 XC Black I bought for like $310 back in early march ($20 off MSRP, plus I got an additional $20 off MIR) is currently available on Amazon from one seller for $830, and have sold on ebay for anywhere between $380 to $530.

The only company that seems to be somewhat accessible to consumers is Intel, and part of that, I believe, is because they have their own chip fab (though correct me if I'm wrong).

Honestly?  If you got the money, just get a pre-built.  It's the easiest way to get something like a 3070 or a Zen 3 chip right now.  Not sure if EVGA ships to the UK, but their site has a queue now, so there's that too.  It sucks not to have the fun of building your dream pc, or, well, any PC, but that's life right now, sadly...

ya but stores and shipping are problem selling games digital sale would be up. they wanted to get rid of games all together but people got mad. so you paid more for it. and now with even more complications you pay even more. Nintendo on the other had you pay alot all the time...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

7 hours ago, Amias said:

I think it says an awful lot that Linus, builder of god tier gaming monsters ... gets bored within minutes every-time he plays something.

I don't think Linus has ever been a serious fan of gaming, especially not games normal people play. I know the only games he actually enjoys playing are Anno and various VR games like Beat Saber.

On that note,

7 hours ago, Amias said:

We have literally stalled and not moved anywhere.

I can come up with a fair few number of games that were either firsts of their class or seriously improved on their predecessors.

7 hours ago, Amias said:

the fads are literally kids games showing the smallest iota of innovation (fall guys/among us)

Is that not innovation nonetheless? Highly accessible and streamer-friendly games aren't incredibly common.

7 hours ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

You don't have to deal with that if you don't play online games 😎

Coming from the pov of someone who doesn't really play the game all that much, Minecraft isn't a children's game. Before it became wildly popular and was snatched up by Microsoft, many considered it to be part of the Indie scene. And it's most definitely an innovative and enjoyable title. Name another game that came before Minecraft that's anything like it?

The bottom line is, in a market saturated with more video game titles than you could ever play in your lifetime, there are bound to be just as many good titles as there are bad. And just because the community of a game is somewhat toxic doesn't mean the game itself is inherently bad. There's still a lot of fun to be had with video games, and if you know where to look you can find games that new neat, innovative things. Online AAA games aren't the only thing out there to enjoy. There are plenty of other smaller titles, or even offline singleplayer games that offer a great story-based experience. But those games will never get as much exposure as AAA multiplayer titles. And because AAA multiplayer titles get so much more exposure, they're bound to draw in a larger demographic, and through that have a larger amount of unpleasant people in their playerbase. But you can't say that just because those games or the people who play those games are "bad" that the entirety of gaming is bad.

ya there are good indy games but the problem is looking up un biassed reviews about them. TYRING to find games that dont have microtransactions or all the bs. back then games were made to be GOOD to make money but now its just w/e makes money. not only that even if a game has non of that bs in 6 moths time it could be added so... and watching trailers that provide zero game play also dosent help. (yes volt with your wallet) pules you can amitt playing diablo 2 years and years and years wont make blizzard any money. so killing off there games to force you to buy there newer stuff. whos to say the rest of the industry is not like this? its like killing off gta5 just before gta 6 comes out then they dont have to top gta 5.

the way i see it is ceos come in to the company and milk it and dump it.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I mean driving to work and critical things that need chips are probably higher up on the list than new shiny gpus and cpus, so amd and Nvidia don't have unlimited chipmaking capacity, plus the mining surge, and those annoying concoles that steal from PC parts production. Also high demand from people being depressed about everything and wanting to game more to distract themselves. So it's like a bunch of things at once.

Gamers are not being punished.

It's that there are a ton of losers stuck at home with nothing better to do but troll online retailers, buy in demand items and scalp people who actually have lives.

10 hours ago, Amias said:

Dang, I've never seen anyone with this much misplaced anger about gaming.

There's a ton of great games out there, but a lot of them don't run ads because rather than hype their stuff up they spend it programming and creating good games. Also, Minecraft is actually fun and with such modest system requirements it's still playable on somewhat low-end and older hardware, perfect right now. Hell, some of us have nothing but our jobs and then some computer games when we get home right now. We're nearly at a year of continuous lockdown restrictions where I live in the US, what else can you do safely but use a computer at home?

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

21 hours ago, Amias said:

Nah, gaming has never been better and more varied than it is today. If all you play is CoD and other AAA tripe (which has to be made for the lowest common denominator due to the exorbitant costs involved in making such games) you're basically robbing yourself of all the wonderful games the indie and AA market has to offer. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.