RIP Tyler

George Vella
Message added by Spotty,

A GoFundMe page is available if you wish to provide support

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tyler-curry-memorial-fund

22 hours ago, George Vella said:

Linus just tweeted that unfortunately we lost Tyler. Tyler was an amazing person, according to what most people said. And from what I saw on camera I agree. I'm really sorry for his loss. If there is anything the tech community can do to help his family, Im sure we'll be able to. May he rest in peace.🤍🤍

EDIT ;

The tweet ;

They might do a charity stream ;

That sucks, my condolences to the family, friends and colleagues at LMG. May his soul rest in peace in heaven 

My rig

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 3600X
  • Motherboard
    MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX
  • RAM
    G.Skill Aegis 3200MT/s 2x16
    G.Skill Aegis 3200MT/s 2x8
  • GPU(s)
    AMD Radeon RX 5500XT 8GB
    AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB
  • Case
    TG5 PRO RGB
  • Storage
    Sabrent Rocket 512GB NvME SSD (PCIE 3.0)
    Crucial MX500 1TB SATA3 SSD
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 650W 80+ Gold
  • Display(s)
    Acer KG251QJbmidpx 165Hz 1080p 1ms Gaming Monitor
  • Cooler
    Noctua NHU-12S
  • OS
    Artix Linux

Quite a shock to learn Tyler has passed away. Obviously I never met him in person, but as others say, he was a nice personality on screen and I'm sure that was because he was like that in real life. My deepest sympathies to his family, friends and all others at LMG. I hope they may find comfort in the knowledge their loss is shared by so many. Now, if you will excuse me, I have something in my eye....😭

RIP Tyler

wait, what are these onions doing here?!

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

RIP Tyler :(

He always seemed to care about everyone and everything.

Like, tyler always looked happy. And if you were hurt, he would be there with a first aid kit.

Sad to see such a nice guy leaving us...

Please do the charity stream or just something so we can all say goodbye...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 hour ago, ng8743 said:

Anyone know what happen? RIP Tyler

It's not polite to speculate. Up to his family if they want to make the cause of death public. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

7 minutes ago, Middcore said:

It's not polite to speculate. Up to his family if they want to make the cause of death public. 

Sorry man just so sad is all. Although privacy is important I think LMG announcing and possibly doing a livestream makes me think they want it public.

3 minutes ago, ng8743 said:

Sorry man just so sad is all. Although privacy is important I think LMG announcing and possibly doing a livestream makes me think they want it public.

Announcing his passing is not the same as announcing a cause of death, nor is it an invitation for public speculation. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Announcing his passing is not the same as announcing a cause of death, nor is it an invitation for public speculation. 

Your right but it was just wonder is all. They can keep it private if the family wishes I understand if they don't I'm not going on a rant about it. But if they do announce I think it would be helpful. 

My condolences to not just the family but the staff of LTT. It's hard loosing a coworker especially if its out of the blue like this.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

Tyler seemed like the kind of guy you'd want as a friend, and that was just from a few glimpses of him in videos.

R.I.P

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

On 12/27/2020 at 5:53 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Read the tweet from LTT Official. If family decides they need financial support, LTT will endorse it. Until then, please be respectful and do not poke it further. Not all people want to make things bigger than they need to be.

Did you read their tweet? They literally said they're looking into setting up a charity stream to try and help his family out financially. But no, you had to be a dickhead on the internet

1 hour ago, gardotd426 said:

Did you read their tweet? They literally said they're looking into setting up a charity stream to try and help his family out financially. But no, you had to be a dickhead on the internet

I think what he meant was that we as a community don't have to go out of our way to organize something for them. Not every family wants the attention of thousands when one of their family members have past. It's not about being a dick, it's about giving his grieving family some space and dignity. Don't poke at how he died or organize things like GoFundMes on the side. For now, our condolences and thoughts are enough. Believe it or not, some people don't want others to donate money in situations like these. They don't want to be in debt to everyone, it's an awkward position to be in. 

If they really need our help, they will reach out. But death is something that is inevitable, no need to setup GoFundMes for everyone who passes. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I think what he meant was that we as a community don't have to go out of our way to organize something for them. Not every family wants the attention of thousands when one of their family members have past. It's not about being a dick, it's about giving his grieving family some space and dignity. Don't poke at how he died or organize things like GoFundMes on the side. For now, our condolences and thoughts are enough. Believe it or not, some people don't want others to donate money in situations like these. They don't want to be in debt to everyone, it's an awkward position to be in. 

If they really need our help, they will reach out. But death is something that is inevitable, no need to setup GoFundMes for everyone who passes. 

Did you read the dude's post? Had he said what *you* said, I wouldn't have commented except maybe to say "well they are planning a charity stream, so..." Dude didn't say what you're saying, though. 

39 minutes ago, gardotd426 said:

Did you read the dude's post? Had he said what *you* said, I wouldn't have commented except maybe to say "well they are planning a charity stream, so..." Dude didn't say what you're saying, though. 

If anyone has contact with his family, and they need help, either financially or emotionally, both I personally, and us as the tech community are willing and ready to help.

This implies if anyone has insider information from the family, then the community is keen on setting up something on their behalf. As LTT has a direct relationship with Tyler's family as they are his employer, it makes sense for them to set something up. For the rest of us, it isn't appropriate as we do not have any personal relationships with either Tyler or his family. Just let them be until they reach out officially. Not every family appreciates un-solicited donations from outside communities.  

If you're still keen on calling people a "dickhead", go knock yourself out on some other forum. But I'm going to stop here out of respect for his family. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Rest in Peace Tyler

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 hours ago, gardotd426 said:

For one, this is not appropriate thread for such hostility. I did read the tweets. It doesn't say anything about family wishing help. It just says LMG is looking into organizing something. My reply was to emphasize that. There's no need to go out and try to contact grieving family. They might not understand or want strangers offering money and attention. They might still accept it through LMG, or direct the money elsewhere.

The point was not to be "a dick" about someone asking if there was gonna be something more than a tweet. It was just to prevent any unnecessary speculation. We've had to lock threads speculating various private matters related to LMG in the past. This community can be impatient and have some false entitlement, like internet in general. I'm just hoping people would be respectful and understanding (I've also since been informed that Canada isn't cheap for sudden passings).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

(I've also since been informed that Canada isn't cheap for sudden passings).

At minimum a couple of thousand dollars unless its a not for profit funeral home which are few and far between. :( A decent funeral, casket/urn, grave plots and such could easily be 10s of thousands depending on what is wanted. You want to have an ipod plugged in to play song you're paying for that as well (typically per song too). Funeral costs here can become astronomical as every little thing is an extra cost. 

And due to the restrictions in BC among many other places in Canada it is unlikely the family will be able to have a funeral any time soon or it will only be parents, siblings, spouse, if that. Absolute worst time to try to grieve and bury a friend, colleague or family member right now.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

About a week ago I fell asleep to LTT and had a dream wherein Linus had to break the news, in a video, that an employee had died.

2020 is infecting my god damned DREAMS, now.

22 hours ago, Nanoray said:

About a week ago I fell asleep to LTT and had a dream wherein Linus had to break the news, in a video, that an employee had died.

2020 is infecting my god damned DREAMS, now.

oh god 

that must be pretty sad to have that kind of a dream come through 

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Also RIP Tyler you were the one that kept the LTT warehouse so organised and you also had such an amazing personality and were a pleasure to watch 

My condolence to Tylers family 

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Respect and condolences. I hope Tyler's family is getting the support they need, as well as all his friends on the LMG staff.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

I recently discovered LTT. I don’t know who everyone is, or what they do. But I do know they have a good group, and that it always hurts to lose a friend. My condolences to the team and their families. 

AMD R7 5800X3D @ -28 | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x  8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, SN770 1TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact |1x T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143

-= Links to Go Fund Me Removed =-

Please do not link these for now. LMG has not officially announced or promoted any Fundraisers at this time.

Fake and fraudulent fundraisers do exist, and these could be one of those, use caution and care.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER