Things you liked that disapeared from the market.

LOST TALE

Edit: It's still there but mostly gone*

I will start with mine: the pointing stick:

Image ( you can always search on google) :http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Mouse_pointing_stick.jpeg

I didn't mind using it instead of a mouse, furthermore if the ergonomy was good, it was perfectly confortable.

There is a little learning curve, that most non-techies couldnt handle just like they cant handle plugging the Ethernet cable. So it disappeared form the market in favor of the touch pad that I try to replace with a mice like a big deal.

(doing circles with it, faster, bigger, slower was very fast learning. It allowed the brain to establish understanding of the pointing behaviour along with acceleration and all that).

Someone says they still exist but I haven't seen them materially for over a decade.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

OP is that an IBM Thinkpad T# ? I think I recognise it haha

---

Attractive girls. (I wont Google image)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

PS2 games.

Still play them on my PC

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

An r9 series card that didn't cost as much as funding a trip to Mars.

Also, decent Pokemon games. <3

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

OP is that an IBM Thinkpad T# ? I think I recognise it haha

---

Attractive girls. (I wont Google image)

I have no idea. I have used it on 2 IBMs 1 Dell and 1 HP

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Honestly, all of the good ASUS netbooks, and all of the old hardware.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I've just noticed the Fiio E10 went out of stock in both Newegg and Amazon (and all the other stores I've checked). Not sure what's going on...

Maybe it'll come back in stock, but I've never seen a product go out of stock in all of the major online stores at once.

not tech related but,

real lego star wars sets and not this clone wars shit.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

They stopped making Boost bars but a national campaign bought them back to market.

Happy days.

Nothing to see here - move along.

I've just noticed the Fiio E10 went out of stock in both Newegg and Amazon (and a few other stores). Not sure what's going on...

It got discontinued ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

An r9 series card that didn't cost as much as funding a trip to Mars.

Also, decent Pokemon games. <3

Pokemon games <3333

Diamond 5 in League :)

Uhh my minds drawing a blank here.... 

All I can think of are foods.... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Well it's something that I liked that apparently not many others did, the game homefront. I really hope that since crytek bought the rights to it when THQ more people will play homefront 2 and it will be a better experience.

It got discontinued ;)

And then replaced with the exact same thing with a slightly altered name ;)

http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000028262517&MenuID=105026003

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

And then replaced with the exact same thing with a slightly altered name ;)

http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000028262517&MenuID=105026003

no ... that is the olympus E10

I got the word, that is discontinued from a official reseller.

Then (because someone on LTT doubted me) I inquired FiiO directly and they told me, that it is discontinued.

There might (!) be a E10k ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

no ... that is the olympus E10

I got the word, that is discontinued from a official reseller.

Then (because someone on LTT doubted me) I inquired FiiO directly and they told me, that it is discontinued.

There might (!) be a E10k ;)

Why is it still on their website then?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Well it's something that I liked that apparently not many others did, the game homefront. I really hope that since crytek bought the rights to it when THQ more people will play homefront 2 and it will be a better experience.

I enjoyed that game to, I was surprised at how unpopular it was

on topic, The C&C series after number four it disappeared the series has been cold, which makes me sad because red alert 2 was the first RTS I really ever played

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

@LAST TALE thats valled a trackpoint and most enterprise laptops ahve them including lenovo, dell, and hp. I way prefer it over the track pad for almost everything and leave my trackpad turned off.

Firewire as a standard, the fact that firewire didn't catch on just irks me.

It caught on but just like thunderblot isnt aimed at the mainstream consumer. Also for a single device usb 2.0 had more bandwidth.

The G9x which I already have but can't really recommend due to it being discontinued.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.