Things you liked that disapeared from the market.

LOST TALE

games having manuals in the box for when you're installing it you have a way to be familiarized with the game

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Games with compelling stories.

Half life 2 series

Mass effect series (yeah rotten end but the story sure was compelling)

Home Again (story adventure game, prettymuch brand new)

I could go on...

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

twinkies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um.... they have been back for almost a year now.

I don't buy them often but I have had 3 boxes since "The sweetest comeback ever" as the ads on the box say.

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

Optimized games, game cartridges and surprisingly commodore 64

There are quite a few optimized games out there, just not as many as there used to be.

game cartridges, hear hear!

ummmmm.....

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/06/the-new-commodore-64-updated-with-its-old-exterior/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

bits-commodore-custom1.jpg

Half life 2 series

Mass effect series (yeah rotten end but the story sure was compelling)

Home Again (story adventure game, prettymuch brand new)

I could go on...

I was thinking about the future.. All those are good. Mass effect had me choking up at times.

Games with good stories seem to be getting pushed to the sides by mindless shooters and various cash grabs.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

There are quite a few optimized games out there, just not as many as there used to be.

game cartridges, hear hear!

ummmmm.....

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/06/the-new-commodore-64-updated-with-its-old-exterior/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

yea I did not know about that I know where my money is going next :P

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

Don't tablets make netbooks obsolete? They can play so much more games and surf the net better and have access to smartphone apps.

Hell no. Not even the x86 ones.  Netbooks are x86 compatible and have a clamshell design.

I recently bought a broken and stripped for parts acer aspire one 522 for $10, then bought a replacement keyboard, ac adapter, LCD screen, 4GB ddr3 sodimm, and used a 16gb notebook SSD I had laying around I had purchased for $20. intel bluetooth/a/b/g/n miniPCI card (could have gone for AC too, but didn't want to)  Investment: ~$80 and some of my time, including soldering in a new power jack.  Performs better than a $100 tablet, can natively run DOS, windows xp, 7, 8, any linux or BSD I want, full keyboard and multitouch touchpad built in, USB2 slots x3, ethernet, 5 hour battery life (or more), and 100% x86 compatibility, meaning a huuuuge array of apps will run on it, more than any other platform ever made at this point in time.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hell no. Not even the x86 ones. Netbooks are x86 compatible and have a clamshell design.

I recently bought a broken and stripped for parts acer aspire one 522 for $10, then bought a replacement keyboard, ac adapter, LCD screen, 4GB ddr3 sodimm, and used a 16gb notebook SSD I had laying around I had purchased for $20. intel bluetooth/a/b/g/n miniPCI card (could have gone for AC too, but didn't want to) Investment: ~$80 and some of my time, including soldering in a new power jack. Performs better than a $100 tablet, can natively run DOS, windows xp, 7, 8, any linux or BSD I want, full keyboard and multitouch touchpad built in, USB2 slots x3, ethernet, 5 hour battery life (or more), and 100% x86 compatibility, meaning a huuuuge array of apps will run on it, more than any other platform ever made at this point in time.

Thats because you got it used. That netbook would be at least as much as a 7 or 8in tablet if not double.

Thats because you got it used. That netbook would be at least as much as a 7 or 8in tablet if not double.

TOTALLY missingthe point.

TOTALLY missingthe point.

I am? your saying there is more used out of more expensive product, which im not surprised at. This might be a good decently powerful modern option for that netbook http://goo.gl/N4tBLK . but if you trying to say that tablet arnt really made for doing things ill agree for the most part, but there are certain specific thing tablets excel at.

Do the days when RAM prices weren't bullshit count?

Those were the days... I got my 16gb kit of blackline mushkin (haven't seen that company in a long time either...) for around 80 dollars on black friday.

Floppy disks. That couple megs of storage

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Floppy disks. That couple megs of storage

No one ever listing Floppy stats in their drive IO tests :(

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

GeForce GTX 560 Ti

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130604

Best GPU I ever had, back in 2012 xD (I did finally upgrade to a 770 around black Friday last year)

CPU: i5-3570K Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus MB: MSI Z77MA-G45 Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM GPU: PNY GeForce GTX 770 4GB Case: Rosewill Challenger-U3 ATX PSU: Rosewill Hive 650W OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit Monitor: ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED Keyboard: Some Dell Keyboard Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Logitech G930

Don't tablets make netbooks obsolete? They can play so much more games and surf the net better and have access to smartphone apps.

Well, kinda, but I just miss them.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

oh look,sold out and out of stock in every store on planet earth.

http://store.nzxt.com/product-p/rl-krg10-w1.htm

its called backorder

this doesnt mean it no longer exists....

its just that everyone and their mom ordered it before you, so now you have to wait until more are manufactured

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The MSI Twin Frozr 7950 8+6pin version. Users reported that this was an excellent card for overclocking as it is based off of a 7970 pcb.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Well, kinda, but I just miss them.

I still have my Eee PC 701. :P

nokia's that didnt have windows OS on it 

I think the new phones look good and the specs good but yeah windows is a terrible for phones

Its all about those volumetric clouds

nokia's that didnt have windows OS on it 

I think the new phones look good and the specs good but yeah windows is a terrible for phones

I shall disagree with that.

Pretty much every GTX 670 ever, and Non RoG Asus motherboards that weren't ugly.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Pretty much every GTX 670 ever, and Non RoG Asus motherboards that weren't ugly.

670 is not gone cause theres the 760 and what you talking about!