Cyberpunk 2077 Removed from the PlayStation Store (and Microsoft's Also Offering Refunds for It, Too!)

PlayStation 2

UPDATE: Microsoft is also allowing refunds for Cyberpunk 2077 until further notice if the user so wishes to return it.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/

What does Cyberpunk 2077 and Ashes Cricket 2013 have in common? Both were delisted from game platforms because of the overall lack of quality within them. And while Ashes Cricket was removed from sale entirely, Cyberpunk 2077 is currently only delisted from the PlayStation Store. Straight from Sony Interactive Entertainment:

SIE strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, therefore we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store.  SIE will also be removing Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice.

This also allows any player who purchased the game digitally a full refund if the user so wishes to request one.

Once we have confirmed that you purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store, we will begin processing your refund.  Please note that completion of the refund may vary based on your payment method and financial institution.

It had spread on Twitter quickly after this news became apparent, if this tweet is to go off of.

What do I have to say about this? Oh man. I called it. I smelled a disaster in the works and sure enough, it's coming through with the console versions of this game, not just in terms of bad performance and visuals, but bad visual glitches and terrible game stability. I hate to be pessimistic and I also hate to rub it in, but... I told y'all so

What's your thoughts on this?

Edited by handymanshandle
Microsoft now offers refunds for digital versions of the game.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I don't think I've ever seen a mess like this. Sure, things like No Man's Sky, Fallout 76 or Skyrim PS3 were bad, but this takes the cake (and I'm not just talking about the game's issues on PS4/XB1).

CDPR really threw Sony and MS under the bus when they sent that tweet telling people to request a refund without working with Sony and MS to come up with a plan.

just to be clear. this is PS4 *and* PS5 version? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I see, I thought there were two versions... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Nice to see them do something good for their customers... after telling them to fuck off for days, just because they had downloaded the game (Which you kind of need to do... to see if a game is good/playable or not)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, Mark Kaine said:

I see, I thought there were two versions... 

It's... a little complicated. Cyberpunk was seemingly built to be aware of the PS5's existence and has a specific mode that activates when played on that. Otherwise, it's not really a specific version for the console.

Ditto for the Xbox Series S and X versions, although you do have performance options for the Series X version.

9 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Nice to see them do something good for their customers... after telling them to fuck off for days, just because they had downloaded the game (Which you kind of need to do... to see if a game is good/playable or not)

yeah they really need to implement a refund policy, I guess they won't until someone sues them tho... (it's law in the EU, hence steam implemented it a while ago) 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeah they really need to implement a refund policy, I guess they won't until someone sues them tho... (it's law in the EU, hence steam implemented it a while ago) 

That's not why Steam implemented it. EU law has an exception in their refund law for digital purchases if you've already started using it.

In the EU you have the right to return purchases made online or through other types of distance selling, such as by phone, mail order or from a door-to-door salesperson, within 14 days for a full refund. You can do so for any reason – even if you simply changed your mind.

The 14-day cooling off period does not apply to all purchases. Some of the exemptions are:

• online digital content, if you have already started downloading or streaming it and you agreed that you would lose your right of withdrawal by starting the performance

This is why you find disclaimers next to the purchase button on digital stores, saying that by clicking purchase you're agreeing that you waive this right to a refund because they are providing you with immediate access to the content. That they may offer their own refunds for a period of time is completely separate to this EU requirement.

Spoiler

image.png.786f7b0f749afb8ec6c1d25d66e63b77.png

Source: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

CPU: i7 4790k, RAM: 16GB DDR3, GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

17 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

thoughts

It must have been really bad for Sony to be doing something usually unheard of.  I played this on the PC, but the game is clunky... reminds me of trying to play Witcher from 2007 clunky.  I never liked that game either. I think I put a few hours in it before succumbing to boredom.  This is not RDR2 either as far as graphics, but it is a large game, I just do not see what you get for all of the harddrive space it sucks up.

lmao, I mean they kind of did it to themselves, seems like it was rushed to get it out on time before Christmas. Not to mention all the people who really wanted the game since it was so hyped up adding extra pressure. This is worse than No Man's Sky, No Man's Sky, to my knowledge came out fully working, with minor bugs and good performance on consoles and PC's, the major disappointment there was the lack of the promised content. I believe this may be the first game to be actually be pulled from the PS Store because it was just too bad, as in it runs horribly and is filled bugs. Should have postponed the PS4 and Xbox One launch and optimize the game, or don't release it at all on those platforms to start with, rather than scamming people out of their money.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

This is why you stop promising unrealistic deadlines and hype. They knew the game wasnt ready a year ago, this is quite funny honestly. Stop treating Devs like they are actually good people, they arent. The coders are the ones that suffer for this, the ones that do all the work while the higher ups just keep Spewing crap. 

There needs to be more regulations for these developers and companies so this kind of shit stops happening, stop having these game releases be a 60$ Open beta. There needs to be punishment for the higher ups that keep forcing these early releases, time and time again it has shown it ruins a games reputation and any chance it had. 

43 minutes ago, tim0901 said:

That's not why Steam implemented it.

what was the reason then? they aren't going to offer refunds to be "the good guy".... 

I remember it was some law / suit maybe Australia then? 

Also what you quoted is rather unbelievable, as a rule you should always be eligible for a refund if someone literally sells you trash, digital or not... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Do you want to know why devs push stuff out half broken? Deadlines put in place by people who don't understand development times. Don't take that the wrong way this isn't necessarily bad you could keep working on a piece of software forever trying to perfect it while adding every feature anyone even suggested. At some point you have to ship something but their has to be an understanding on both sides. On the dev side that their are certain things that have to be in MVP and their will be continued patches and on the user side knowing if you ask for x features in a certain timeline and have a hard stop you might run into bugs depending on how well that time frame was created. However the worse thing to do in software development is over promise and under deliver. You can ship something with bugs as long as you communicate the issues and the users accept them in exchange of a shorter time frame. However what you don't do is ship a non fictioning product and that isn't something you can punish the devs for at all. It's the managers who are pushing unachievable time frames at that point and are obviously not listening to internal testing.  

CD Projekt Red completely pissed away their good name for this game. They should have just blamed COVID and delayed it another year. We would have bitched but gotten over it. Not like it's just the console versions that have problems either, they put out system requirements stating the old Haswell i7-4790 and GTX 1060 were the recommended requirements for 1080p high and got PC gamers thinking this would be decently optimized. No one looks at PC recommended specs and thinks those are tailored towards struggling to hit 30 fps, that's more like the performance we'd expect out of minimum requirements.

5 minutes ago, Shorty88jr said:

Do you want to know why devs push stuff out half broken? Deadlines put in place by people who don't understand development times. Don't take that the wrong way this isn't necessarily bad you could keep working on a piece of software forever trying to perfect it while adding every feature anyone even suggested. At some point you have to ship something but their has to be an understanding on both sides. On the dev side that their are certain things that have to be in MVP and their will be continued patches and on the user side knowing if you ask for x features in a certain timeline and have a hard stop you might run into bugs depending on how well that time frame was created. However the worse thing to do in software development is over promise and under deliver. You can ship something with bugs as long as you communicate the issues and the users accept them in exchange of a shorter time frame. However what you don't do is ship a non fictioning product and that isn't something you can punish the devs for at all. It's the managers who are pushing unachievable time frames at that point and are obviously not listening to internal testing.  

yet this is what happening all the time, people need to stop buying blindly into hyped up bs, that's the only solution... 

And it'll happen too, I'm just surprised how long it takes for people to figure it out... 

This game had No Man's Sky written all over it for the past 3 years or so........ 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

16 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

This is why you stop promising unrealistic deadlines and hype. They knew the game wasnt ready a year ago, this is quite funny honestly. Stop treating Devs like they are actually good people, they arent. The coders are the ones that suffer for this, the ones that do all the work while the higher ups just keep Spewing crap. 

There needs to be more regulations for these developers and companies so this kind of shit stops happening, stop having these game releases be a 60$ Open beta. There needs to be punishment for the higher ups that keep forcing these early releases, time and time again it has shown it ruins a games reputation and any chance it had. 

So are programmers no longer considered as developers? Regardless, It's not the developers usually themselves who are putting up the deadlines, but the ones who are in charge of them (likely the publishers). And aren't we forgetting that we are currently in a pandemic which makes things a bit more difficult in general? Like I know the game has been in development for quite some time now but I'd imagine that they'd would fix the performance stuff after they've sorted out the rest of the game.

The best decision that could've been done was to delay the game a bit further until they were absolutely certain things worked well as they should have and let proper review samples or as a matter of fact do Early Access to let people test out the game, but no... Doesn't help either that a bunch of people cried when it was announced it was gonna be delayed.   

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

19 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Doesn't PSN still have Life of Black Tiger for sale? How is Cyperbunk worse than that?

Eh, it's a more stable experience than Cyberpunk is, I guess. 

LICHDOM BATTLEMAGE

15 minutes ago, Caroline said:

not my kind of game but this is how it looks like

rLTVekO.jpg

being honest that's not the kind of stuff I'd pay $60 for 

the joke is you were supposed to also buy a $1000 video card for it also, for the "ray tracing".......... 

🤣

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

19 minutes ago, Caroline said:

not my kind of game but this is how it looks like

rLTVekO.jpg

being honest that's not the kind of stuff I'd pay $60 for 

Wow, the game really looks like that on PS4?