Cyberpunk 2077 Removed from the PlayStation Store (and Microsoft's Also Offering Refunds for It, Too!)

PlayStation 2

On a more serious note, I've come to notice that there indeed are signs that the game has been in absolute developments hell for much of its 8 years of "development". The reports of crunch should have been a sign. After asking around, doing research and getting into contact with people who know some of the core devs in CDPR, it sounds like that's very much the case.

The real development work on the game did not begin until after Witcher 3's final DLC was released in 2016, so that effectively cuts it down to 4 years of dev time. Even then, all wasn't sailing. Amidst utterly over-inflated hype that marketing inflated even further, leading not just to unrealistic expectations from the community but also increasing pretty not just on management but the core developers in the form of tight internal deadlines, the game apparently needed to be re-done from scratch a few times. Not to mention much of the team didn't have much experience building a game on this scale, being uncharted waters for many of them.

Now throw in 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic and being forced to work remotely as a result. Communication apparently become much more of an issue, and it was very difficult to get much of anything done in that time. Throw in not just needing to account for next-gen but also the ensuing community rage when they announced the last delay. This game needed more than just a few months of extra work and polish. It needed much more focused leadership and a marketing strategy focused more on keeping expectations realistic rather than parroting and inflating the hype to a point where it cannot be realistically achieved. 

And really, the whole excuse of the consoles not running the game right because they're not powerful enough is such horseshit. There are other games which look visually impressive for the hardware it runs on whilst running respectably decent. No one was expecting visuals on the same level as a PC running it at high settings, but at the very least a playable experience at like 540-720p levels without the graphics looking like utter and literal mud. Realize that not everyone wants or needs a fucking gaming PC. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

8 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

No Man's Sky was feature-incomplete and I still won't forgive Hello Games for cocking its launch up that badly. But it was at least remotely competent on consoles at launch. I cannot say the same for Cyberpunk at all.

Fallout 76 was a disaster on launch. It's still a fucking disaster like three years after it dropped. There's no salvaging that. Fallout 76 is probably the biggest testament to not bolting on tons of features onto an old game engine, at least if you never learned from trying to load 200 mods in Garry's Mod or tons of mods for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

CDPR doesn't deserve to be let off the hook at all here. Everyone complains about buggy ass games and when the time comes to actually attack a buggy ass game, people actually want to defend it.

Wait seriously so how well somthing runs is more important than weather the gameplay is any good? I think you'll find most people disagree.

Like i said it's clearly a disaster optimisation wise, but in the grand scheme of things provided they fix the crashes that isn't anywhere near as bad as a game that flat out sucks game-play wise after promising so much like NMS did at release.

Thats not to say the optimisation situation is good, far from it, but it's nowhere near as bad as a flat out non-functional or downright terrible gameplay experiance.

2 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

Thats not to say the optimisation situation is good, far from it, but it's nowhere near as bad as a flat out non-functional or downright terrible gameplay experiance.

It's literally crashing on consoles... how low do we have to go for things to be downright terrible? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

It's literally crashing on consoles... how low do we have to go for things to be downright terrible? 

I was under the impression, (there's a lt of info floating about, some for one platform, some for another), that crashes where worse on consoles but not insanely regular? If it is super crashy then thats a much bigger issue i agree, i just wasn't under the impression it was that bad, but like i said, lots of info floating. I know both from youtubers i watch and a reletive who has it that on PC, rough performance aside it's fairly solid, bugs yes but perfectly workable.

CDPR have responded, seems the decision was mutual

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?forums/red-tracker.10794446/

Following our discussion with PlayStation, a decision was made to temporarily suspend digital distribution of Cyberpunk 2077 on PlayStation Store. You can still buy physical versions of the game in brick and mortar stores and online. All purchased digital and physical copies of the game will continue to receive support and updates as we continue to improve your experience.

According to our knowledge, starting today, everyone who is not willing to wait for updates and wants to refund their digital copy of the game, can do so by submitting a request at https://www.playstation.com/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/.

We are working hard to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Kinda weird that this is gone but "life of black tiger" isn't

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Kinda weird that this is gone but "life of black tiger" isn't

Seems like CDPR asked them to pull it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, CarlBar said:

Wait seriously so how well somthing runs is more important than weather the gameplay is any good? I think you'll find most people disagree.

Like i said it's clearly a disaster optimisation wise, but in the grand scheme of things provided they fix the crashes that isn't anywhere near as bad as a game that flat out sucks game-play wise after promising so much like NMS did at release.

It's not an indicator of how good a game is, but it's certainly an indicator of how playable a game is. And when it looks like a blurry ass mess that can't even stick to the 20s properly, there's problems. Barely being able to discern what's what because of an extremely blurry TAA implementation and a low resolution coupled with truly mediocre frame rates can make a game unplayable.

Oh, and crashing. Lots of it specifically on the PS4. You get random ass stutters on Xbox, but you just get random, sometimes reproducible crashes on PS4.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 hours ago, CarlBar said:

Wait seriously so how well somthing runs is more important than weather the gameplay is any good?

No, both is important. problem is the gameplay isn't great either, about as clunky and boring as the Witcher games... (alledgely) 

So it's not a looker, ray tracing makes everything look like polished metal, gameplay is boring and dated, and it apparently runs like shit. 

. there are zero redeeming qualities about this game, unless you wanna count the countless memes made out of hilarious bugs... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

o (I'm glad i only paid 20€ (converted) for this game on the russian GOG store via VPN :D. Seeing as it is now, i would have never paid the full 60€.

It was quite enjoyable for the most part and i already have one 100% run. But there were a few moments where i just closed the game because it was so buggy i just needed a break. Basically rage-quitting. Also a little dissapointed how short this game actually is. Also the more you play it, the more you start to notice how "shallow" the game is. There is next to no interaction with the whole city other than the typical RPG elements such as traders, etc... So much lost potential...

I don't see how any devs see this current state of the game and say "yeah, it's ready for release". I think they badly needed some cashflow and just released the thing. CDPR was the last big dev where i was really looking forward to new game releases.

On my PC (5600X + 3080) it ran fine. Even at 4K and everything set to Ultra/Psycho (including Ray-tracing) i was sitting at 40-60FPS most of the time thanks to DLSS. But the console fiasko combined with all the bugs i've seen so far just shows again that this game was nowhere near ready for release.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Like I said before, they really should've skipped the old consoles. We know they'll fix it and improve it, but still, it's a an very old hardware and even on it's release it was quite weak for what it was back then too. Also, some really expect way more than what those machines are capable, I've seen so much bs from comments everywhere. But I doubt anyone serious who knew about the game from start and waited that they even planned to play it on old consoles. Probably mostly just on PC which makes sense. New consoles don't have the so called next-gen upgrade yet no.

But yeah, I play it on PC and runs great maxed out for me what can I say.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

How did it go so wrong for the PS4 version?? Lmao 

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

the game was so overhyped

let's hope the industry learns from this

6 minutes ago, RoseLuck462 said:

How did it go so wrong for the PS4 version??

well it's for PS4 ( hardware from 2013 ) and not enough time for oprimizing

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

6 hours ago, TylerDurden! said:

It just lacks a feel to it.  I don't know, maybe I could adjust something, but I would even say the original Half Life from 98' had better character movement. 

as far as having to have 4k and ray-tracing to make it look good is dumb.  RDR2 has no problem looking crazy good, even on 1080p, there should be no excuses. 

It still looks amazing in normal 4k as well but I guess I can see where you are coming from. Granted it doesn't really look bad at 1080p just not amazing either and it is hard to run still. I think the game is a wonderful experience if you have the hardware to run it. Unfortunately a console is just not cut out for the hardware requirements of the game. I still don't see how they would think the game would be received well if they released it for the consoles look the way it does. They simply shouldn't have released it for consoles and they could have avoided most of these issues and simply chalk it up as a hard to run game on pc and nobody would really care. 

18 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

never does

never will

every year it's the same exact story

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Some people never ever learn, eh? Why did some got overhyped for this crap? Just because they made The Witcher games doesn't automatically mean Cyberbug 2077 is a great game too.

And how old is the PS4 and X1? From 2012? CDPR should have KNOWN those shitty consoles won't be able to run this game.

Life lessons:

- never ever pre-order!

- never ever get overhyped because that usually leads to massive disappointments!

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

2 hours ago, Drama Lama said:

the game was so overhyped

well it's for PS4 ( hardware from 2013 ) and not enough time for oprimizing

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

never does

never will

every year it's the same exact story

they still earned a ton of money so what is there to learn? lol if anything they learned that people will still accept and buy an unfinished game if the hype is sufficient 

I won't be surprised if CDPR eventually scraps the PS4 version entirely at this rate. Glitches are one thing, but I don't know how the devs will boost performance. If I were in charge, I'd focus on the systems with much more power and brighter futures.

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

they still earned a ton of money so what is there to learn? lol if anything they learned that people will still accept and buy an unfinished game if the hype is sufficient 

Not cdpr, the idiot sho keep encouraging this shit to happen, the retard-sumer

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Even PUBG which was unplayable for people on the lower end consoles wasnt pulled lol

Drive in invisible car, hit invisible rocks and trees!

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

This is a great example of why I tend not to pre-order games, unless I've committed a deep level of research into a) whether it will run well, b) if it's worth it to pre-order, and c) if the game has a long shelf life ahead of it.

Clearly, Cyberpunk 2077 fulfilled none of those if you own a console. It always seemed like a game that was going to be inevitably hard to run especially given the system requirements for PC gaming.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

CDPR really fucked it up this time, even two major stores in the Netherlands are warning buyers for bugs!

It's the first time ever this happening :/

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

19 hours ago, tim0901 said:

Sometimes people ask me why I don't buy games at release.

Thank you, CDPR, for providing another entry to my steaming pile of examples showing why you should't.

Been mostly fine on PC with minor bugs here and there, last gen consoles is a different story though for sure

Lol this game is going down in history as the worst game ever made because they were too terrified of saying sorry it's delayed again. MS will apparently now be issuing refunds to everyone in the next 72hrs