Please for the love of God stop using the term "PC Master Race"

oeci
Message added by SansVarnic,

Please refrain from posting comments and replies to inject politics.

Thank you.

Not gonna lie, this thread kinda reminds me of when Speedy Gonzales episodes were pulled from airing on Cartoon Network. People who were trying to be holier-than-thou got the character's episodes pulled off the air because they were "offensive", but various Mexican advocacy groups got the character back on the air as Mexicans absolutely fucking love the characters associated with those episodes. 

The point I'm trying to make isn't exactly right there, but really, the whole point of the "PC master race" saying is to poke fun at the fact that it's a really stupid saying. People get so caught up in trying to appear virtuous that they lose any and all sense of humor and irony.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

People get so caught up in trying to appear virtuous that they lose any and all sense of humor and irony.

One of those things I hate about modern society. Everyone's looking for attention by pretending to be a victim now. Fricking annoying.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

One of those things I hate about modern society. Everyone's looking for attention by pretending to be a victim now. Fricking annoying.

I fully agree, some of todays younger folks just want to try and change everything and want the spotlight on themselves, it's annoying AF.

Join the PC master race, or I'll throw an OG Xbox at you.

Spoiler

Well, my parts one

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

36 minutes ago, oeci said:

According to the staff list on this website these are Senior Mods. That's why I included them.

I can't believe you've lasted this long without quoting people. Please quote people by using the back arrow on the bottom of their post. Thanks

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

I wish people would stop being offended on words that are clearly a joke. The other day I had bunch of idiots being offended over "Grammar Nazi" being used as someone made stupid typographical error. PC Master Race has as much to do with racism or slavery as Master and Slave had on IDE drives. NONE. STOP. BEING. PERPETUALLY. OFFENDED. BY. BLOODY. EVERYTHING.

Also long live PC Master Race. It's a joke. Jesus.

45 minutes ago, oeci said:

After having heard this term in many tech youtube videos including LTT and also read it on many forums I finally decided to bring the issue up in this thread. I live in Europe and here the term "Master Race" is commonly associated with Nazi Germany language (a so called Nazism). I don't know whether this is also the case in the U.S. and/ or Canada but let me quote Wikipedia as a reminder:

Here is the link to the entire article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_race

I am a European as well and have never associated that with PC Master Race.

You are offended by this,but PC Master Race is harmless and is not related to a real race - just a gaming platform.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 minute ago, RejZoR said:

PC Master Race has as much to do with racism or slavery as Master and Slave had on IDE drives. NONE. STOP. BEING. PERPETUALLY. OFFENDED. BY. BLOODY. EVERYTHING.

There are people that get offended when things don't go their way,the kind that likes to dictate what others should and shouldn't do - some of them become SJWs.

Also i noticed some British English there ;)

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

24 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

No one reading these phrases seriously associates them with these events, despite their obvious historical origin. They are common modern phrases.

I absolutely 💯 % agree with sentiment. 

This discussion has landed in my list of most ridiculous topics [and personal opinions] I have seen.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I thought the Term was PC Gaming Master Race Gods?  While I know what the term means, many people don't outside of Computer/Console Gaming. A few times I have used PC Gaming Gods instead to avoid offense.

4 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

This discussion has landed in my list of most ridiculous topics [and personal opinions] I have seen.

this better be on it too

Spoiler

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Nazi german language? I think they spoke German in Germany even between 1930-1945 lol.

Well... what do I know. I'm just of the PC Master Race. 😛 

Just now, James Evens said:

a controlled language of simplified grammar and restricted vocabulary designed to limit the individual's ability to think and articulate "subversive" concepts such as personal identity, self-expression and free will.

Sounds like dictatorship,or in this case populism.

Just now, Vishera said:

Sounds like dictatorship,or in this case populism.

it's usually apart of the dictatorship package

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

People should stop telling other people what to do. That's what I think.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Nvidia RTX 3090 FE - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Samsung 980 Pro 250GB NVMe m.2 PCIE 4.0 - 970 Evo 1TB NVMe m.2 - T5 500GB External SSD - Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi 6) - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm - 3 x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition - 3 x 120mm Corsair ML120 - Corsair RM850X - Corsair Carbide 275R - Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440p 165hz G-Sync - Logitech G513 Linear - Logitech G502 Lightsync Wireless - Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless

Just now, piratemonkey said:

it's usually apart of the dictatorship package

Not necessarily,populism comes from from society so it can happen even in the most liberal country in the world,

It depends if the regime supports it or not,for example *too political* supports populism,and *too political* use populism as it's base.

I will leave the self censored parts to you to find out.

I don't think we should ban the use of the term in forums or whatnot, but... c'mon, folks, let's move past it. It's worn out, and it's jokingly 'embracing' a Nazi concept at a time when there's a surge of real Nazis in the US and Europe.

Is continued use going to shatter minds or turn people racist? No (I sure hope not, anyway). But it's intellectually lazy, and we can do better. Besides, anything we can do to deny Nazis attention is good in my book.

Just now, Vishera said:

Not necessarily,populism comes from from society so it can happen even in the most liberal country in the world,

It depends if the regime supports it or not,for example *too political* supports populism,and *too political* use populism as it's base.

I will leave the self censored parts to you to find out.

it was more of a joke/observation. tbh I don't really know what populism is soooo...

@oeci

Please read the Wikipedia article on PCMR in which it pretty much dispels your argument.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_Master_Race

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 minutes ago, Commodus said:

anything we can do to deny Nazis attention is good in my book.

Saying we should stop using it because it's based of off Nazi's ideology is giving the Nazis attention.

I've never considered "PC master race" might be a reference to Nazi ideology. and the more people say "We shouldn't do X because it resembles Nazis" is just giving them ever more attention.

Spoiler

PC Spiele sind für den Übermenschen.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

3 minutes ago, TargetDron3 said:

Pretty much. A particular political group in the US has used the term Nazi and racist so much those words are no longer shocking or demeaning. 

What are you talking about?!

Maybe people just don't care,they are busy with tik-tok and Netflix.

How can you forget the monsters that almost destroyed the world?

Just now, Tog Driver said:

Saying we should stop using it because it's based of off Nazi's ideology is giving the Nazis attention.

I've never considered "PC master race" might be a reference to Nazi ideology. and the more people say "We shouldn't do X because it resembles Nazis" is just giving them ever more attention.

Reveal hidden contents

PC Spiele sind für den Übermenschen.

Being philosophical here your comment do that as well,

Am i doing that as well by quoting you?

13 minutes ago, Vishera said:

What are you talking about?!

Maybe people just don't care,they are busy with tik-tok and Netflix.

How can you forget the monsters that almost destroyed the world?

Actually the Nazis almost destroyed Europe, in particular Germany.

It would appear the Unironic Thought Nazi's have arrived.

Just now, whm1974 said:

Actually the Nazis almost destroyed Europe, in particular Germany.

They kinda did destroy Germany, the Soviets helped, a lot.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs