Food & Cooking

whm1974

I eat all fish.

There was a central food thread here years ago. Might be worth a bump if youre interested in discussing food. 

I love all seafood

but I can understand why you might not

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

52 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

I eat all fish.

There was a central food thread here years ago. Might be worth a bump if youre interested in discussing food. 

Thanks. But is it considered Necro?

7 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Thanks. But is it considered Necro?

I'm not a moderator but I would assume a single thread would be a lot neater and less clutter. Could always PM one and ask if the bump is okay. I cant see it being an issue.

I hated seafood until my early 20s, but now love pretty much anything that comes out of the water except sea urchin. Texture for that is too weird for me.

8 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I hated seafood until my early 20s, but now love pretty much anything that comes out of the water except sea urchin. Texture for that is too weird for me.

As I never had never had Sea Urchin before. I have commits.  I did had dried kelp before and I couldn't spit it out fast enough. Really strong tasting...

Come to think of it, it supposed to be used in favoring Broth/Soup or something.

3 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Have you ever had a pet cat before, by any chance? Because canned cat food can come pretty damn close to smelling like tuna.

Even though I do eat canned tuna, I agree the smell of canned cat food and tuna are pretty close, but I suppose that's kinda the point with canned cat food. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, whm1974 said:

As I never had never had Sea Urchin before. I have commits.  I did had dried kelp before and I couldn't spit it out fast enough. Really strong tasting...

Come to think of it, it supposed to be used in favoring Broth/Soup or something.

Dried kelp is used to make a broth called dashi that's seemingly 90% of Japanese dishes, along with katsuobushi (flakes shaved from a smoked and dried bonito fish). What's great is after I finish making dashi with the kombu (JP name for kelp) and bonito flakes I throw them in a pan to dry them and make kelp chips and save the flakes for making furikake (shit you sprinkle on steamed rice to give it some umami flavor).

4 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Dried kelp is used to make a broth called dashi that's seemingly 90% of Japanese dishes, along with katsuobushi (flakes shaved from a smoked and dried bonito fish). What's great is after I finish making dashi with the kombu (JP name for kelp) and bonito flakes I throw them in a pan to dry them and make kelp chips and save the flakes for making furikake (shit you sprinkle on steamed rice to give it some umami flavor).

This man washokus 

5 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Why would a Can of Tuna remind you of Canned Cat Food? They do not even come close to smelling the same.

You Sir must never had  a Pet Cat before....

Lived with one for almost 5 years now. They're very similar in smell.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

13 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Lived with one for almost 5 years now. They're very similar in smell.

I eaten I don't even know how many cans of Tuna and served pet cat(s) wet catfood and I can most certainly say they do not or even come close to smelling the same.

12 minutes ago, Amias said:

Easy to fix. For one, Nations that whose populations depend on Seafoods, should pass Laws against discarding Fishing Gear. In addiction to restrictions on size of Nets and Longlines. Size of Fishing Vessels as well.

They can convince other Nations to follow suit. This would also help Fishery Stocks to recover as well.

43 minutes ago, Amias said:

"Makes up a major part"...yet only accounts for 10%. Something doesn't add up there.

22 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

I eaten I don't even know how many cans of Tuna and served pet cat(s) wet catfood and I can most certainly say they do not or even come close to smelling the same.

I disagree.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

"Makes up a major part"...yet only accounts for 10%. Something doesn't add up there.

I disagree.

Well let us agree to disagree then. However anyone who claims the same should really have their sense of smell checked for nerve damage.

And no Limburger Cheese doesn't really stink either. I have eat this when I purchased a small package of it. I guess would ~4 oz.

1 hour ago, whm1974 said:

Well let us agree to disagree then. However anyone who claims the same should really have their sense of smell checked for nerve damage.

And no Limburger Cheese doesn't really stink either. I have eat this when I purchased a small package of it. I guess would ~4 oz.

That statement just proves you're the one with nerve damage 😂

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

That statement just proves you're the one with nerve damage 😂

I'm one of many can smell and see the difference of canned Tuna and catfood.🙄 Therefor it is now Proven that you have a poor sense of smell indeed and need your Eyes checked.

Open both of each Can and then tell You can't Me tell any differences.

9 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

I'm one of many can smell and see the difference of canned Tuna and catfood.🙄 Therefor it is now Proven that you have a poor sense of smell indeed and need your Eyes checked.

Open both of each Can and then tell You can't Me tell any differences.

Hmmm..

Limburger is a cheese that originated in the Herve area of the historical Duchy of Limburg, which had its capital in Limbourg-sur-Vesdre, now in the French-speaking Belgian province of Liège. The cheese is especially known for its strong smell caused by the bacterium Brevibacterium linens.

You said it doesn't smell...and it's known for it's strong smell. So. I'd say it's pretty clear you're the one with the damage olfactory sense.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Hmmm..

You said it doesn't smell...and it's known for it's strong smell. So. I'd say it's pretty clear you're the one with the damage olfactory sense.

That is not what I Posted. I posted that it doesn't really stink. I didn't Post that it doesn't smell. Yes there is a strong odor, but so what? There many odorous foods people around the World consume with relish. The see folks from the US as odd.  

3 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Can I just say that there's many brands of tuna and canned wet food out there?

Yours might not be, but so far I've seen like.. 3 people say they smell quite similar (if not better)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I still occasionally eat products with butter in them, but definitely avoid it whenever I can. I just have to look at my sister or my brother-in-law (both large people) to be put-off. Fried foods are a rarity here too.

Eggs I will pan fry in Butter. Virgin I use almost always in Pasta Salad and dipping bread in. Come to think of it I haven't dipped any bread in a while now. I perfer to use melted butter instead.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

そうです。和食大好き。和マンコも

そんなことしちゃだめだよ !

面白い人です。🤣

10 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

そんなことしちゃだめだよ !

面白い人です。🤣

I'm assuming that is Japanese. But why are a few Users Posting Japanese phases for? After English is the World's Current Lingua franca now.

you all don't like seafood coz you're land lubbers who have never tasted my cooking!

First recipe is from my russian friend: put a fillet of fish in the fridge over night covered in 1/2 tea spoon of salt and sugar and one shot of vodka. Serve raw in a salad or cook as you wish. Best smoked (depending on fish). This only works for fillets and game fish cut into thin steaks about 10mm thick.

Second recipe lemon/lime chilli: coat fillet in battered egg. then bread crumbs. then coat in oil that has spent one week being infused with dried chillis. Fry or bake and serve with lemon/lime juice. Good with any fish.

Third recipe smoked fish pie: smoke the fish then put in a pot with some water, milk, and corn starch. when you get a nice saucy pie filling put it in a oven dish and coat with sweet potato/kumara and top with tasty/aged chedder or parmesan cheese. Good for any fish that are nice smoked.

Fourth recipe: Slow cook fish in curry. This one i reserve for fish that dont taste so good. The kind that has a very strong fishy flavour. Slow cooking seems to take the grossness out of them.