I don’t want to clean this – BeatBot Aquasense Pro Showcase

Sveeno

Get the best price on a Beatbot AquaSense Pro and use code LINUSBEATBOT for an extra 2% discount!
Official Website: https://bit.ly/3QGife5
Amazon Store: https://amzn.to/3UUJ4ha

When Beatbot offered us their AquaSense Pro 5-in-1 Pool Cleaner Robot, we couldn’t wait to get it in the water and see what it could do!

I appreciate the fact that you are recognising your core audience is becoming adults and homeowners with your homecare sponsor spots. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

4 minutes ago, Skipple said:

I appreciate the fact that you are recognising your core audience is becoming adults and homeowners with your homecare sponsor spots. 

woah their.....

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

1 hour ago, Sveeno said:

Get the best price on a Beatbot AquaSense Pro and use code LINUSBEATBOT for an extra 2% discount!
Official Website: https://bit.ly/3QGife5
Amazon Store: https://amzn.to/3UUJ4ha

When Beatbot offered us their AquaSense Pro 5-in-1 Pool Cleaner Robot, we couldn’t wait to get it in the water and see what it could do!

Ah yes, an overpriced solution to clean some leaves and debris out of a pool in just 3 days. What's next? A toilet brush that is app controlled from your phone?

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

14 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

Ah yes, an overpriced solution to clean some leaves and debris out of a pool in just 3 days. What's next? A toilet brush that is app controlled from your phone?

I mean pool robots have existed for decades at this point.

This one is a bit well overkill but a decent pool robot can be a MASSIVE help at maintaining a pool.

Its not about cleaning a pool entirely in 3 days its more about the daily upkeep tjat can make a job that is a cpuple hours of work a week a couple hours a work a season.

Basically like a rpbot vacuum. Great at daily maintenance and makes it so you can get away with only deep cleaning yourself once a month

On 5/18/2024 at 2:35 PM, jaslion said:

I mean pool robots have existed for decades at this point.

This one is a bit well overkill but a decent pool robot can be a MASSIVE help at maintaining a pool.

Its not about cleaning a pool entirely in 3 days its more about the daily upkeep tjat can make a job that is a cpuple hours of work a week a couple hours a work a season.

Basically like a rpbot vacuum. Great at daily maintenance and makes it so you can get away with only deep cleaning yourself once a month

It's just a roomba for the pool, but around here that thing would die. 

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

35 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

Not sure if this is overpriced.  My mom pays a company a lot of money to keep her pool clean since she has gotten older and can't do all the work herself (I don't live there).

This would pay for itself in a year or so.

1 hour ago, Skipple said:

Not only that, but if the core audience is younger people, they are often people adults and homeowners consult with for tech purchases.

Doesn't this exist, but there is no need for battery power and fewer parts that will fail? Honestly, there needs to be automatic pool filter cleaners because that would be eons more useful. Automatic pool skimmers and pool vacuums that operate on the suction of the pool pump have long been a thing and have easily replaceable parts.

How far gone was the water chemistry lol,

Nice job pool guys for cleaning up that swamp

11 hours ago, ARandomPerson said:

Doesn't this exist, but there is no need for battery power and fewer parts that will fail? Honestly, there needs to be automatic pool filter cleaners because that would be eons more useful. Automatic pool skimmers and pool vacuums that operate on the suction of the pool pump have long been a thing and have easily replaceable parts.

I worked as a pool cleaner for a summer. Yes rabbits exist, but they are limited and dumb. Any pool that had robots similar to the one advertised worked much better and required much less maintenance week to week on average.

9 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Yes rabbits exist, but they are limited and dumb.

You missed the entire point of my post. I know that they are more intelligent; that is their whole schtick. My main problems are price, power (given they generate their own suction on a weak pump), and repairability. Trust me, I have been maintaining my pool for longer than just one summer. What would have to be repaired for a regular vacuum are the tubes(due to being worn out in the sun), brushes, and gaskets every now and then. That thing has a battery, and there are electronics close to water. One seal broken and the whole thing is toast. Also, dumb mechanisms are acceptable for a pool due to how often the pump is run. 

This circles my point back to the need for self-cleaning pool filters, which address the only lack of automation in pool cleaning. 

Oh god. I had a pool in the backyard once. Never again! It's an absolute nightmare to keep clean and sanitised. Plus, the smell of the chlorine and the way it dries out your skin; I used to have to cover myself from head to toe in moisturiser after a swim. Plus, at least in the cold climate I'm in, it costs a tonne to heat. I also found myself just not using it that much once the novelty had worn off.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy