USB to type c only charging phone on PC

rootxyz

hey guys maybe out of this topic but can someone give me a link to buy a Cable or anything to transfer data from S23 Ultra device to my PC , prefferable on AliExpress, i have tried many cables and none of them works for data sharing it only charges the phone. I would really appreciate any help on this, and yes all my drivers are up to date including on the PC/ OS

If you are searching for a USB cable to deliver both data and power,add  "USB 3.0" in your search terms to get better results

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, rootxyz said:

have tried many cables and none of them works for data sharing

Have you considered that you broke the port on your phone?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Have you considered that you broke the port on your phone?

my phone is fast charging and i tried many tutorials on google/youtube nothing seems to help is been frustrating like for a few months, and only Linus forum is my last hope

Just now, rootxyz said:

my phone is fast charging and i tried many tutorials on google/youtube nothing seems to help is been frustrating like for a few months, and only Linus forum is my last hope

Your phone may tell you it’s fast charging even when it’s just using 5v.

If you were to use the same cable that said fast charging on your pc, you should have seen your phone or your phone would have prompted to you for pc connection. My money is on the socket. I use dimebag usb c cables and they all work fine for me.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Your phone may tell you it’s fast charging even when it’s just using 5v.

If you were to use the same cable that said fast charging on your pc, you should have seen your phone or your phone would have prompted to you for pc connection. My money is on the socket. I use dimebag usb c cables and they all work fine for me.

well my phone is brand new, maybe i should use 3.0 you said

Just now, rootxyz said:

Levent suggested that i use USB 3.0, maybe i should try that

Nope not going to change a thing, plus it wasn’t me. USB C is just a connector and is backwards compatible with USB2. Any 4 wire cable with ground, data+,data-, vcc pins would work.

any tips on what i should buy, im about to go to my local store and ask, i really need this to be fixed

Nope not going to change a thing, plus it wasn’t me. USB C is just a connector and is backwards compatible with USB2. Any 4 wire cable with ground, data+,data-, vcc pins would work.

any tips on what i should buy, im about to go to my local store and ask, i really need this to be fixed

Just now, rootxyz said:

Your phone needs fixing. It’s not the cable it’s your phone. Any way, try more cables if you want but I hiiiiiiiiiiighly doubt that your issue is your cables.

Just now, Levent said:

Your phone needs fixing. It’s not the cable it’s your phone. Any way, try more cables if you want but I hiiiiiiiiiiighly doubt that your issue is your cables.

the thing is i bought a cheap cable before just for usb to type c and is looks a bit old and that one works fine but its not stable enough just disconnects if you move the phone a bit

i wonder if there is such thing to use my original cable from my phone to connect to pc? as the cable is only type c and the PC doesnt have any TYPE C to plug that into 

1 minute ago, rootxyz said:

its not stable enough just disconnects if you move the phone a bit

That reinforces the suspicion your phone's port is dirty/faulty.

See if there's some lint in you could blow out.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

That reinforces the suspicion your phone's port is dirty/faulty.

See if there's some lint in you could blow out.

i just inspected the cable and it is a USB 2.0 that works on my end and on PC, im not sure now do i buy usb 2.0?

photo_2024-05-18_19-53-10.jpg

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

I see based on the product info that this cable is rated for 480Mbps data transfer, so you should be good with this one unless it's outright lying to you on the product page 

the thing is, right now i really dont think any USB 3.0 works for me, and im using S23 Ultra, im not sure why they dont work for data transfer, meanwhile one cable i have port 2.0 works fine but this one i have is not stable enough, or all 2.0 is like that?

Just now, rootxyz said:

the thing is, right now i really dont think any USB 3.0 works for me, and im using S23 Ultra, im not sure why they dont work for data transfer, meanwhile one cable i have port 2.0 works fine but this one i have is not stable enough, or all 2.0 is like that?

Usb 2.0 doesn't mean it would fall out of the phone easier or be unstable, sounds like a physical defect. 

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Usb 2.0 doesn't mean it would fall out of the phone easier or be unstable, sounds like a physical defect. 

so the cable is cheap? because it was a bit cheap 

28 minutes ago, rootxyz said:

so the cable is cheap? because it was a bit cheap 

Well you do seem to be looking at products around $1 which I would not exactly say is premium price

Primary PC:

9 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Well you do seem to be looking at products around $1 which I would not exactly say is premium price

i just bought one this time for 5$  but this time 3.0 and it worked fine on their PC with my phone, now hoping for the best

38 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

looks like the one i bought works better now and on 3.0 port on the pc, thanks for the tips!