Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
24 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Snip

What the hell did you try to say?

I tried to read your comment like 5 times at least and each time it sounded as if I tried to read an essay of someone who was sky high when writing it. 

40 minutes ago, Niksa said:

What the hell did you try to say?

I tried to read your comment like 5 times at least and each time it sounded as if I tried to read an essay of someone who was sky high when writing it. 

Well one of is impared apparently.  It was intended as humor.  Nasty humor, perhaps.  A malicious compliance monkey’s paw wish sort of thing. If someone claims they wish help but does not define the sort of help they need, they might get the wrong kind of help.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Even though i tend to lean left on most subjects, i truly believe that the government should take a DNA sample from every single baby born in hospitals as we go forward, 20+ years time it'll become increasingly harder for anyone to get away with a serious crime like a rape or murder.  I don't think it should be used for petty stuff, only serious crimes. 

I know that DNA isn't always left at the scene of a crime but if you look at how much genetic material we needed to make a match back in the 80's and 90's compared to now, who knows where we'll be 20+ years from now. 

1 hour ago, Totallycasual said:

Even though i tend to lean left on most subjects, i truly believe that the government should take a DNA sample from every single baby born in hospitals as we go forward, 20+ years time it'll become increasingly harder for anyone to get away with a serious crime like a rape or murder.  I don't think it should be used for petty stuff, only serious crimes. 

I know that DNA isn't always left at the scene of a crime but if you look at how much genetic material we needed to make a match back in the 80's and 90's compared to now, who knows where we'll be 20+ years from now. 

It will also open the door for incrimination of all types.

And we're also headed towards a future where every candidate up for election will have "dirt" that they posted on social media 20 years ago; and everyone seems abhorrent.

3 hours ago, Totallycasual said:

Idea is good.
But with the governments today i dont trust any of them asshats.
They just there to make their own live's better. So Yeah, take that in account and the world is way more dangerous. 😉

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 hour ago, HanZie82 said:

Yeah, my big concern would be that private sector money buys their way into the database and starts using our genetic data to exclude us or deny insurance claims etc, usually you can trust the government themselves to do the right thing but they'll usually leave the henhouse door open so that the foxes can have their way, especially if there's some money in it for them. 

2 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

Idea is good.
They just there to make their own live's better. So Yeah, take that in account and the world is way more dangerous. 😉

At that point though what one is left with is “if there are only two options and neither group is clean, which is the least dirty?”

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

44 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Made a higher quality Phelphs Doubt | L.A. Noire "Doubt" / Press X To Doubt  | Know Your Meme

Yeah, i was talking about my government, we have a bit more oversight and transparency here.  Not to get political here but after everything i have seen in recent years with Trump pulling shit and claiming executive privilege, no wonder nobody trusts the US system lol  

20 hours ago, Totallycasual said:

Yeah, i was talking about my government, we have a bit more oversight and transparency here.  Not to get political here but after everything i have seen in recent years with Trump pulling shit and claiming executive privilege, no wonder nobody trusts the US system lol  

No idea where you live, dude, but it's pretty easy to throw stones at the biggest dog in the yard with the most open-access to everything.  Those who take such action at face value usually miss the atrocities being committed on a daily basis all across the globe--by systems with restricted access and controlled media.  And there's a staggering number of them.  You probably never even heard of the likes of Roman Protasevich....

22 hours ago, Totallycasual said:

If you dont say where 'here' is, kinda makes the point useless.
And who was talking about the US government? I wasn't. I don't even live there.

Next time before you presume maybe try asking. 😉

Im from the Netherlands, and yes i don't completely trust my government either.
EVERYONE has an agenda.

1 hour ago, HanZie82 said:

And who was talking about the US government? I wasn't. I don't even live there

It's all good, i was speaking to the person i quoted. 

birbs are the superior pets

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Just now, adarw said:

to what?
Human pets?
😄

On 9/13/2020 at 6:20 PM, Rybo said:

This is me:

Hide contents

snickers.jpg.c695ecb8f14820d514b33039043d205a.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

And it's not just candy bars.  Anything that might leave a residue on my hands gets the knife and fork treatment.  Pizza.  Fried chicken.  Funnel cakes.  You name it, I've forked it.  

Is that a snickers?

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

On 12/15/2021 at 12:16 PM, IPD said:

True.  ^  Unfortunately, symmetry is hard wired in the human brain, so most will unconsciously look for it--even if it is unrealistic.

I'm most bothered by Tom Cruise's middle tooth....

oh god what have you done, i cant unsee that

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

2 hours ago, adarw said:

By that I assume you mean whatever breed of miniature parrot.  They’re highly social and are known for living a relatively long time.  The thing about them is they’re really big on pecking order.  It’s critical to remain above then on the pecking order.  If for some reason you fall below it they become awful and nasty animals. 

Wait, you mean to tell me that washing your hands to get food residue off them from eating "Finger foods" is less preferable than knife/fork?

How do you eat doritos, my man?

The use of network printers should be permanently banned

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

17 minutes ago, The_russian said:

For what reason?

All of them. Every single reason.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

1 hour ago, rcmaehl said:

The use of network printers should be permanently banned

I think you mean printers should be banned. They all suck local and network! 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I like my printer. altho its a 15 year old color laser printer.