Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
29 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

I like my printer. altho its a 15 year old color laser printer.

I like lasers over ink jet by leaps and bounds generally.  It has a lot to do with use regularity.  With a laser you can leave it for a year and suddenly need to print 3 pages right now and it just works.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I like lasers over ink jet by leaps and bounds generally.  It has a lot to do with use regularity.  With a laser you can leave it for a year and suddenly need to print 3 pages right now and it just works.

Yeah and since thats how i print, its a godsent compared to them shitty inkjet ones.
(specifically the ones where the ink-refill cost more then the whole printer itself. 😄 )

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Yeah and since thats how i print, its a godsent compared to them shitty inkjet ones.
(specifically the ones where the ink-refill cost more then the whole printer itself. 😄 )

There was a thing I read once that pointed out that at one time ink jet printer ink cost twice it’s weight in gold. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

The Harry Potter movies don't deserve the celebration they get. They're feeble adaptations full of baffling directorial decisions. I think we've all seen this youtube clip:

That's probably the most absurd example but the movies are littered with ridiculous crap like this. Beyond that, the acting and the scene spacing are really awkward, like this scene:

But I won't blame the actors, that's just incompetent directing. I get that Luna is supposed to be awkward but instead of that scene being silly and innocent it's like the director told everybody to act scared and confused by her??? How crap like this gets a passing grade is beyond frustrating.

1 hour ago, mwagen said:

That's probably the most absurd example but the movies are littered with ridiculous crap like this. Beyond that, the acting and the scene spacing are really awkward, like this scene:

But I won't blame the actors, that's just incompetent directing. I get that Luna is supposed to be awkward but instead of that scene being silly and innocent it's like the director told everybody to act scared and confused by her??? How crap like this gets a passing grade is beyond frustrating.

the first few movies I like, not sure about the last ones. I guess it can because of scenes like this or makes so "you should have read the books" or manga 😛

Not sure how well they actually were, but agree that some scenes for some of the movies was hard to follow because of stuff that you mentioned.

10 minutes ago, IPD said:

Harry Potter sucks to begin with.

just like with starwars, lord of the rings and harry potter, some of the themes are great and has been loved for a long while. While it might not always be the content in them or that most people that has not seen it. Know or love the theme or setting of those IP's. The kind of "Narnia", real life to a fantasy land, might always have some love towards. Wonder if those ideas and topics will become less loved with what we can do virtually now. where old folk tales might go a bit away? no more holy grails.

55 minutes ago, IPD said:

Edited by Bombastinator

57 minutes ago, IPD said:

image.png.3d43b5ef43e58fee712ddcd6c7466d97.png

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 1/6/2022 at 2:07 AM, Totallycasual said:

Even though i tend to lean left on most subjects, i truly believe that the government should take a DNA sample from every single baby born in hospitals as we go forward, 20+ years time it'll become increasingly harder for anyone to get away with a serious crime like a rape or murder.  I don't think it should be used for petty stuff, only serious crimes. 

I know that DNA isn't always left at the scene of a crime but if you look at how much genetic material we needed to make a match back in the 80's and 90's compared to now, who knows where we'll be 20+ years from now. 

Even for people that lack an identifiable social media presence, such as myself, the absence itself may bee seen as quite suspicious.

My probably unpopular opinion. I don't like Honey Baked anything, ham, turkey, or otherwise.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

9 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Even for people that lack an identifiable social media presence, such as myself, the absence itself may bee seen as quite suspicious.

Fact.  Everything from employers to people I might date may see a lack of presence as a warning sign or a turn-off.  Of course, the people/businesses I actually want to interact wtih--wouldn't.

On 9/13/2020 at 9:14 PM, BuckGup said:

Milk is the best drink ever because it's basic so it goes with every single food

Water is better

On 9/13/2020 at 10:44 AM, BuckGup said:

Milk is the best drink ever because it's basic so it goes with every single food

*is lactose intolerant*. Milk das furzemacher

On 1/7/2022 at 9:31 PM, IPD said:

Wait, you mean to tell me that washing your hands to get food residue off them from eating "Finger foods" is less preferable than knife/fork?

How do you eat doritos, my man?

Dude i know a person who eats burgers with knife and fork. I don't know why some people make life so hard for themselves 😄

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 1/9/2022 at 12:10 PM, IPD said:

Fact.  Everything from employers to people I might date may see a lack of presence as a warning sign or a turn-off.  Of course, the people/businesses I actually want to interact wtih--wouldn't.

Haven't had the problem with employers, but i agree dating is more difficult if you don't have a social media presence. I should know lol. Not just it being a sign, but rather that you just have less contact to people.

But it can also be too much (imo). I have one friend who lives a few hundred km away so we don't see each other that often. But every time i see him he introduces a new gf. This guy has had so many girlfriends that i think he doesn't really assign any emotional value to a relationship so to say. Kind of having a girlfriend just for the sake of it, not because he actually likes the girl. That's one of the downsides of 24/7 social media presence that can occur.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 1/9/2022 at 6:10 AM, IPD said:

Everything from employers

Depends. Some states have strict laws that prohibit employers from using social media in hiring and firing decisions. In those states it wouldn't matter if you have a social media presence. 

My unpopular "opinion" tends to be telling the truth and being candid.  Most people can't face reality...

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

2 hours ago, ewitte said:

My unpopular "opinion" tends to be telling the truth and being candid.  Most people can't face reality...

There are 2 types of people in the world; creeps and assholes.

Creeps are always nice whenever you're around.  The moment you leave, they start talking shit about you behind your back.  Assholes are the kinds of people who will always be your best friend, because if they have anything bad to say about you--they will say it to your face.

12 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Haven't had the problem with employers, but i agree dating is more difficult if you don't have a social media presence. I should know lol. Not just it being a sign, but rather that you just have less contact to people.

But it can also be too much (imo). I have one friend who lives a few hundred km away so we don't see each other that often. But every time i see him he introduces a new gf. This guy has had so many girlfriends that i think he doesn't really assign any emotional value to a relationship so to say. Kind of having a girlfriend just for the sake of it, not because he actually likes the girl. That's one of the downsides of 24/7 social media presence that can occur.

Several music related topics. 

if you are talented musician, but your songs are boring/unoriginal/mediocre you will not succeed. There are lots of eg. guitar shredders which can really play, but they don’t have the song. You can get wow factor for the first 2min then it just gets boooooring. 

Speaking of guitar shredders, most of the modern metal sucks. Once my YouTube was playing some videos in auto play and the video for the announcement for some tour of 5 modern tech death metal bands popped in. I shit you not, I thought it was the one band playing one song, but there were 5 of them playing 5 songs and everything sounded like Meshuggah. 

Speaking of Meshuggah, we don’t need another Meshuggah, we need another XY band. When some classic metal or rock bands play you can immediately tell it is Iron Maiden, Motorhead etc, with modern one nope. They all sound almost the same. 

Speaking about uniqueness, Voice and similar shows are the worst thing really talented singer can do in their career. Those shows are just making copies of the precious pop singers. We don’t need copies, we need sone new blood and unique songs. Those shows are just shortcuts for the quick fame. If you only want instant quick fading fame then go for it. 

And lastly speaking about pop music, we need music that is produced by humans not machines. I am talking about small imperfections in the performance because perfection doesn’t naturally occur. There is no need to pitch correct everything and precisely adjust tempo of the performance. It just doesn’t sound good. 

3 hours ago, Niksa said:

if you are talented musician, but your songs are boring/unoriginal/mediocre you will not succeed. There are lots of eg. guitar shredders which can really play, but they don’t have the song. You can get wow factor for the first 2min then it just gets boooooring. 

You've basically summed up the entirety of guitarists on YouTube. Brilliant technical ability, but not an ounce of actual artistry behind anything original they try to make. It's amazing how a bunch of snotty punks with banged up, out of tune instruments and three chords max can make better art than an entire army of spiderleg-fingered shredders who have studied music theory for a decade and can't come up with anything interesting.

4 hours ago, Niksa said:

Speaking of guitar shredders, most of the modern metal sucks. Once my YouTube was playing some videos in auto play and the video for the announcement for some tour of 5 modern tech death metal bands popped in. I shit you not, I thought it was the one band playing one song, but there were 5 of them playing 5 songs and everything sounded like Meshuggah. 

This also somewhat ties into the whole YouTube guitarist sphere. Meshuggah pioneered a particular sound that became a meme. As a result, the djent guitar tone got really popular with everybody, so now everybody uses it and sounds exactly the same as a result. It also doesn't help that a lot of modern metal is mixed to sound like a flat wall. There are no dynamics in there and I feel a lot of bands no longer try to develop a particular sound. I'm a big fan of 90s era black metal and as shitty as those albums sound - sometimes on purpose - I can still make out vast differences between something like Ulver's "Bergtatt", Dissection's "Storm of the Light's Bane", Emperor's "In the Nightside Eclipse" or Burzum's "Hvis lyset tar oss". But a lot of modern stuff just sounds interchangeable. 

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

3 hours ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

Burzum's

His production is mostly shit, but his music is pure art.

I also agree with everything else. 

5 hours ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

You've basically summed up the entirety of guitarists on YouTube. Brilliant technical ability, but not an ounce of actual artistry behind anything original they try to make. It's amazing how a bunch of snotty punks with banged up, out of tune instruments and three chords max can make better art than an entire army of spiderleg-fingered shredders who have studied music theory for a decade and can't come up with anything interesting.

This also somewhat ties into the whole YouTube guitarist sphere. Meshuggah pioneered a particular sound that became a meme. As a result, the djent guitar tone got really popular with everybody, so now everybody uses it and sounds exactly the same as a result. It also doesn't help that a lot of modern metal is mixed to sound like a flat wall. There are no dynamics in there and I feel a lot of bands no longer try to develop a particular sound. I'm a big fan of 90s era black metal and as shitty as those albums sound - sometimes on purpose - I can still make out vast differences between something like Ulver's "Bergtatt", Dissection's "Storm of the Light's Bane", Emperor's "In the Nightside Eclipse" or Burzum's "Hvis lyset tar oss". But a lot of modern stuff just sounds interchangeable. 

Those spider fingered studio shredders are generally the ones that actually do the instrumentals on the records though.  They’re known as studio cats.   It’s one of the few regular and high paying jobs in rock music.  Not infrequently older formerly famous musicians who’s pop records no longer sell all that well, but who developed reps for being very good technicians wind up as studio cats.  Vic Flick and Carlos Santana come to mind.  Vic flick played on Beatles albums and led zapplin albums and a bunch of movies and stuff..  iirc he played the original James Bond theme.  Santana wound up on a bunch of rap records about 10 years ago.  There are probably some hair metal people doing it now.  Sampling is killing off the studio cat though.  Prince did a lot for that.  Paisley park studios has a massive library of really impressive licks.

Remember when living in your car you were looked down upon? Peppering Farm Remembers.  Now it seems like everyone is living in a car, van, or bus. Been watching a lot of videos on Youtube of people converting different vehicles in to livable space. Its quite interesting what these people do in terms of designing the space. If I had the skill set and didnt have to worry about the local government hounding me I would try something like this, just so I had my own space.