Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
9 hours ago, Niksa said:

Puns are just overhyped (bad) attempts at making jokes. 

On that same level, meme's are just over-hyped pictured cliché's. 🙂

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

5 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Even though the name pretty much explains exactly what it's supposed to do, most people don't understand it. Even many reviewers only "measure" the HDR abilities of a monitor by looking at the peak brightness and maybe the color gamut. Even though most local dimming implementations are so bad that higher peak brightness basically also means higher black levels, and because of that also loss of shadow detail. Sadly because of this people buying HDR400/600 displays nowadays are being "conditioned" to think that it just means the picture is brighter than SDR.

HDR =/= brighter image

Just tried to clear that misunderstanding. It's getting increasingly frustrating trying to explain the point of HDR when more and more people buy seemingly "HDR certified" monitors and then being disappointed by the experience.

Sadly i don't have a say in the VESA DisplayHDR standard, otherwise i'd make at least 384-zone FALD a minimum requirement for even the lowest HDR400 certification.

I guess it's easier to make a display brighter than it is to make it dimmer (properly). That makes it somewhat understandable to look at brightness to me. I guess I have more beef with their "TRUEBLACK" variant even if just for the sake of argument what OLED in that context is. Ultra true black?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 hour ago, tikker said:

I guess it's easier to make a display brighter than it is to make it dimmer (properly). That makes it somewhat understandable to look at brightness to me. I guess I have more beef with their "TRUEBLACK" variant even if just for the sake of argument what OLED in that context is. Ultra true black?

So far only OLED displays certify for the "True black" certification afaik. But the true black certification actually helps to bring out some semi-hdr displays. I just hope brands don't find a way to certify their monitors by cheating with some sort of auto-brightness that turns the backlight off under certain conditions.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 8/3/2021 at 12:16 AM, adarw said:

finaly someone said it.. RGB SUCKS

Ironic enough, i now have 9 fans glowing in full A-RGB fasion on rainbow mode, it grew on me.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

8 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I find something salty helps pineapple.   I think this is why “Hawaiian” pizza is good.  Ham is salty.  Pineapple and anchovies works well too, if the anchovies are spread sufficiently thin and evenly.  This I think is the major problem with anchovies on pizza.  They need to be broken up.  I find a whole anchovy is simply too concentrated. Ham an anchovies are both “something umami with a bunch of salt” should be a way to imitate that one. Pineapple with fish sauce maybe?

Salami & Pineapple

8 minutes ago, IPD said:

Salami & Pineapple

Never tried it.  There a lot of kinds of salami.  My memory is the preferred meat for salami many many years ago was donkey. Not something likely even findable now-a-days. I’ve also never had a pineapple and fish sauce pizza though so I have no way to know.  Umami and salt should be something doable from a vegetarian perspective.  At least in theory.  The button mushrooms I see on pizza don’t have a ton of umami though.  Probably need something else.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Needs to be smoked.  Deep, rich, smoked salami.  Not the USA standard fare "pathetic excuse for salami".  Something a hole-in-the-wall Fleischer shop in Dusseldorf would have roasting on a spit out back.

10 minutes ago, IPD said:

Needs to be smoked.  Deep, rich, smoked salami.  Not the USA standard fare "pathetic excuse for salami".  Something a hole-in-the-wall Fleischer shop in Dusseldorf would have roasting on a spit out back.

There’s a lot of variation in even US salami.  Oscar Meyer, a gigantic and quite old US meat packet in the USA even does at least two kinds.   The concept of a smoked dried salami might do it though.  Makes me wonder if maybe a brined, and smoke dried porcini mushroom would do it maybe.  Have to be tried. The cheese has enough fat.  That’s not the shortage.  Might need a heavily salted cheese.  Cheese already has salt in it but I still think not enough for pizza.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

26 minutes ago, IPD said:

Salami is not that simple in the US. There are many varieties. I prefer hard salami. Though Ive never tried it smoked and that sounds good. 

1 hour ago, IPD said:

Salami & Pineapple

Im going to try this the next time I do pizza. My mom prefers Ham and Pineapple. I eat almost anything but fish on mine. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Salami is not that simple in the US. There are many varieties. I prefer hard salami. Though Ive never tried it smoked and that sounds good. 

Im going to try this the next time I do pizza. My mom prefers Ham and Pineapple. I eat almost anything but fish on mine. 

Can also work well with RED pesto sauce, instead of tomato sauce.  Or marinara sauce in a pinch.

Local pizza shop here puts shrimp, ham and pineapple on one of their specialties.  Strangely, it works well!

22 minutes ago, IPD said:

instead of tomato sauce

Thats the best part. I just really like Tomato sauce. Sadly I dont eat pizza like I used to because of the dairy. 

23 minutes ago, IPD said:

ocal pizza shop here puts shrimp, ham and pineapple on one of their specialties.  Strangely, it works well!

EWWW. Yeah I dont eat anything that comes out of the water. Well Id do eat Tuna from the can mixed with Mayo and Relish most of the time. I have tried Shrimp and didnt like it. Also tried Lobster and didnt like that either. 

28 minutes ago, IPD said:

Can also work well with RED pesto sauce, instead of tomato sauce.  Or marinara sauce in a pinch.

Local pizza shop here puts shrimp, ham and pineapple on one of their specialties.  Strangely, it works well!

I thought Marinara is a kind of tomato sauce.  They just grind up the tomatoes. There are other red things.  Various kinds of peppers for example.  Orders of magnitude more expensive.  I don’t know what is in “red pesto” I didn’t even know it was a thing.  Green pesto is fresh basil and olive oil and occasionally some other stuff. Have to replace the basil with something else. Green pesto makes a pretty good pizza sauce too though. I’ve heard of Alfredo sauce being used as well. “White sauce”

I suspect that ham shrimp and pineapple thing doesn’t taste a lot different than pineapple and anchovies.  Seafood is to a degree seafood.  No matter what you do there’s sea in it. 

30 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Thats the best part. I just really like Tomato sauce. Sadly I dont eat pizza like I used to because of the dairy. 

EWWW. Yeah I dont eat anything that comes out of the water. Well Id do eat Tuna from the can mixed with Mayo and Relish most of the time. I have tried Shrimp and didnt like it. Also tried Lobster and didnt like that either. 

I fished for tuna as a teen.  They’re about a “out of the water” as you can get.  Big alpha class predators.  They weigh so much and swim so fast that we used to tie lines to the boat with package twine and the fish would just snap them without noticing.  So loud it sounded like a gunshot. Really.  That loud.  Fresh tuna meat is a deep deep red btw.  Not grey.  The grey happens when the fish fight too long.  Lactic acid builds up in their muscles and they poison themselves.  Grey meat is referred to as “burned”.  Only good for canning.  Worth about 1/10 as much.  Less now, maybe.  When they talk about “sushi quality tuna” they mean unburned tuna.

Edited by Bombastinator

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

The thing I worry about with salami is there’s large amounts of fat in it.  The little grey lumps are just fat. Pepperoni has the same problem but not as bad.   Possible greasy pizza

Doesn't bother me as much as prosciutto.  I expect to blot a pizza regardless.

1 hour ago, IPD said:

Doesn't bother me as much as prosciutto.  I expect to blot a pizza regardless.

Prosciutto is just air cured ham.  It was one of the foods that helped create the EU food monopoly laws. The Dutch had developed a superior was of raising pigs and was undercutting Italy on pork costs. Modern prosciutto is raised these days is often made using the exact methods the Dutch developed.

Damn. It sucks when the new BIOS comes out and the OC settings have been overamped with new/"exotic" settings.  OC fails on the same settings that were set before.

Who does actually know all the detailed settings in modern BIOS? Literally hundreds, if not thousands of settings...

Edit: actually my mistake - forgot memory controller frequency. But there are really overwhelming amount of settings that rarely anyone uses.

I edit my posts more often than not

I never heard anyone talking about chocolate wafers, they're fuking amazing

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"
If my comment helped you please mark it as solution. Refresh before you reply, I edit comments often.

Current PC Spec
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5
Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk
RAM: XPG D10 White 2x8GB 3200 CL16
GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC
Storages: 1x512GB Intel 760P M.2 NVME(boot drive)
1x2TB Umax M1500 Gen4 M.2 NVME(Game storage)
1x1TB Adata SU800 Ultiamte 2.5 inch Sata3 SSD(Game storage)
1x3TB Toshiba 7200RPM CMR drive
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850
Keyboard: Ducky Zero 3108 Cherry MX red
Mouse: Logitech G603 LightSpeed
Headphone: Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
Microphone: AVerMedia AM310
Flight stick: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS 3 pack

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Value: $308
  • Games owned: 229
  • Games played: 163 (71%)
  • Hours on record: 4,976.9h

On 12/1/2021 at 4:04 PM, IPD said:

Salami & Pineapple

My favourite pizza to make pineapple, fresh pitted jumbo black olives, red onion, pepperoni and tomatoes.  

Lots of sweet, salty and freshness from the tomatoes.

IMG_20211121_232223.jpg

IMG_20210925_222258.jpg

On 12/2/2021 at 2:57 AM, Donut417 said:

Cheese is pretty good, but since I've been making my own dough I must say vegan versions can be great as well (is pizza without cheese an unpopular opinion?). For the tomato sauce I use a can of san marzano tomatoes plus garlic, salt, pepper and oregano blended with a stick blender, then for toppings anything one fancies. Spinach, shiitake mushrooms, pickled jalapeno slices. Then maybe some condiments based on vegan mayonaise if it's really dry.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 hours ago, IPD said:

If it doesn't have cheese, it's not pizza.  It's a glorified dough sandwich.

Exactly. I have tried dairy free cheese and its hit or miss. Also it doesnt melt very well. 

3 hours ago, IPD said:

If it doesn't have cheese, it's not pizza.  It's a glorified dough sandwich.

Pretty sure it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza_marinara

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█