Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

PS5 is really nice right now. Ghost of Tsushima is jaw dropping at 1800p60 and I'm playing Spiderman now, which looks really nice with RT + 60 fps. And I expect Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart to be outstanding too. Also can't wait for the FFVIIR Integrade patch next month. The system is no doubt ugly and I hate how big it is (had to move my PS3 Fat because I just don't have room for both of them under my main gaming TV), but the hardware is still tremendous value even if PC gpus were selling for MSRP. I just worry about PS5 going on the XBox 360 trajectory: namely, being impressive as hell the first 4 years and then a yawner the next 4 because of Ryan. Gutting Japan Studios was completely nuts. I have bought so many of their games from Ico to SOTC to Last Guardian to Gravity Rush 1 & 2 to Bloodborne to Demon's Souls to Ape Escape and I really do enjoy these kind of AA studios games that Jim Ryan is burning to the ground.

There is no way I'm not getting a Series X in a couple of years. Maybe sooner if XBox has a really impressive E3, though I'd be pretty surprised to see Starfield and Hellblade II coming out this year (don't care at all about Halo).

See, I'm the exact opposite.  The Series X, and Microsoft's showcase of stuff they're making, makes me feel like Microsoft is coming out swinging much like the Xbox 360, and I'm hoping that they keep it up.

Meanwhile the PS5 just doesn't seem exciting to me right now.  I also don't care about 60fps and all that on single player games.  It's cool, don't get me wrong, and I do appreciate that these games can do that now.  It's just how I've always been about single player stories. 

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

The 64 million dollar question is who's going to be at E3? Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo all do their own events. With everything being Virtual, it almost makes sense for devs to do their own thing, stream it via Youtube or Twitch. 

The other side is that you cant really buy any of the new consoles right now either. Two of my friends are interested in PS5's and haven't been able to find them. With all the shortages, I dont expect us to have supply for a very very long time. 

Series S isn't hard at all to find, I saw them on sale for hours at Gamestop's site. Though who wants a Series S with only 320GB or so of free space when it's a digital console I guess. Getting a PS5 is doable if you set alarms for when they come in stock. I used a direct add to cart link to get mine from Walmart.com, though you still have to have all your CC and shipping info already setup with Walmart and you still have to speed through the checkout.

17 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

See, I'm the exact opposite.  The Series X, and Microsoft's showcase of stuff they're making, makes me feel like Microsoft is coming out swinging much like the Xbox 360, and I'm hoping that they keep it up.

Meanwhile the PS5 just doesn't seem exciting to me right now.  I also don't care about 60fps and all that on single player games.  It's cool, don't get me wrong, and I do appreciate that these games can do that now.  It's just how I've always been about single player stories. 

I don't see that at all. There is nothing interesting for XBox you can't get on Playstation other than Forza and the upcoming Halo (and I don't like either series). Unless they drop say Starfield this year. I had no second thoughts about getting PS5 instead of Series X as an early adopter even though I expect Series X to probably be the better console over the entire generation.

But the fact no dates were talked about for Starfield or Hellblade 2 when they were shown off last summer makes me think they're a couple of years away while this year on PS5 we get Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart and Horizon Forbidden West most likely, which is pretty nice for the first year of a console when you add in the launch titles Demon's Souls and Miles Morales. PS4's first year was trash but PS5's first year looks really promising.

360 though was loaded with exclusives. COD 2, Oblivion, Gears 1, Bioshock, Orange Box, Series X has little chance of having a first couple of years on par with what 360 had.

Just now, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I don't see that at all. There is nothing interesting for XBox you can't get on Playstation other than Forza and the upcoming Halo (and I don't like either series). Unless they drop say Starfield this year. I had no second thoughts about getting PS5 instead of Series X as an early adopter even though I expect Series X to probably be the better console over the entire generation.

But the fact no dates were talked about for Starfield or Hellblade 2 when they were shown off last summer makes me think they're a couple of years away while this year on PS5 we get Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart and Horizon Forbidden West most likely, which is pretty nice for the first year of a console when you add in the launch titles Demon's Souls and Miles Morales. PS4's first year was trash but PS5's first year looks really promising.

see, I don't care much for Horizon, and outside of Gravity Rush and like, LocoRoco, to me Sony platformers just don't feel good.  Like they don't play like good platformers to me, outside of Sly Cooper, but we aren't going to get anymore of those either.

I don't care for Demon's Souls either cause I'm not a Souls fan. 

Outside of God of War, Sony doesn't really have anything that interests me.  They have nothing really.  Microsoft's games might be a year or two out, but they were coming in swinging.

1 minute ago, kaiju_wars said:

see, I don't care much for Horizon, and outside of Gravity Rush and like, LocoRoco, to me Sony platformers just don't feel good.  Like they don't play like good platformers to me, outside of Sly Cooper, but we aren't going to get anymore of those either.

Outside of God of War, Sony doesn't really have anything that interests me.  They have nothing really.  Microsoft's games might be a year or two out, but they were coming in swinging.

You like God of War but not Souls games? The 2018 reboot felt very Souls like IMO.

3 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Not sure console brand preference qualifies as unpopular.  They’re pretty evenly split.  Myself I just dislike almost all controllers enough to play PC games only just because I can use a keyboard/mouse.  There’s no actual good reason consoles can’t use them except for some reason manufacturers don’t WANT them to.  Not sure why.  You can occasionally plug in a keyboard, but for whatever reason mice seem verboten.  They’ve made controllers that look like mice but they won’t do mouse type cursor movenent.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

You like God of War but not Souls games? The 2018 reboot felt very Souls like IMO.

There's a small handful of souls games I played.  Dark Souls 3 and Lords of the Fallen I didn't care too much for.  But I really liked Code Vein. 

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Not sure console brand preference qualifies as unpopular.  They’re pretty evenly split.  Myself I just dislike almost all controllers enough to play PC games only just because I can use a keyboard/mouse.  There’s no actual good reason consoles can’t use them except for some reason manufacturers don’t WANT them to.  Not sure why.  You can occasionally plug in a keyboard, but for whatever reason mice seem verboten.  They’ve made controllers that look like mice but they won’t do mouse type cursor movenent.

See it depends for me.  I love keyboard and mouse for sure.  But like the Pro Controller and Xbox One controller, I like a lot.  I don't mind the DS4 either, but I do prefer offset sticks.  I don't actually have a console brand preference outside of Nintendo, more of an IP preference.  Also outside of Halo and Gears of War, I typically prefer Sony's IPs to Microsofts... just that

well..

Japan Studio is shut down and took the IPs I preferred

6 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

if you set alarms for when they come in stock.

Some of us have things called jobs. And most employers in the US dont allow phones on the floor. So all the people who decided they didnt want to work have first dibs. All of us keeping the US economy up and running dont have a chance. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Some of us have things called jobs. And most employers in the US dont allow phones on the floor. So all the people who decided they didnt want to work have first dibs. All of us keeping the US economy up and running dont have a chance. 

Sorry your boss doesn't trust you enough to have your phone with you at work.

8 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Sorry your boss doesn't trust you enough to have your phone with you at work.

It’s not the bosses decision, it comes from home office in South Dakota. The fact is we have to pay attention at our work place. With Forklifts driving around, other powered lifting equipment driving around and it’s not professional to be on your phone in front of customers. Further more no cell phone rules are standard at about EVERY American employer.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, rikitikitavi said:

Apple butterfly keyboard typing experience is quite decent.

My memory is a lot of what made them so awful we’re breakage and repair problems.  I’ve never seen a plastic spring that was a good idea.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Cold water is delicious 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

On 4/25/2021 at 8:18 PM, mon1ka said:

attack on titan anime is overrated . thats my entire opinion.

ftfy

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

On 5/8/2021 at 4:10 PM, captain_to_fire said:

Sweatpants will always be better than Cargo pants. The latter is just too tacky for anyone to wear.

Jeans will always be better than sweatpants. The latter is just too trashy to wear.

(not sorry)

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

side effect of the second shot. for covid.....

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

A 6-hour game that costs $60 but is infinitely replayable is a better value than a 60-hour game you'll never finish.

On 5/9/2021 at 7:19 PM, Quackers101 said:

Kinda miss E3, streamed with people there.

Now everyone do their own thing, and can't keep up with where they are going to stream about new titles.

What's the point of E3 this year?

Gamers can't buy consoles.

Nor can they buy GPUs.

Oh right... Diablo mobile.

Bring back game magazines.

Or at least have the writers be enthusiasts like it used to be, no sociology majors.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

What is the point of water slides?

Is it possible to make a better without water. Like a special lube or coating, or something else. Hate to get stuck, or get some pp wata. And how some parks are bad at maintaining them, let me cut open your back for you. Thanks and come again!

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

I like the growing trend of simplified logos

That one has been growing for a long long time.  Look at some of the original logos of really old companies.  For some reason soap comes to mind on this one but iirc it was everywhere.  There are a bunch of things that logos need to do and the result is the simpler they are often the better they work.

On 5/8/2021 at 6:10 PM, captain_to_fire said:

Sweatpants will always be better than Cargo pants. The latter is just too tacky for anyone to wear.

Historically this one doesn’t play out.  The advantage of sweatpants is warmth and ease of wear.  The advantage of cargo pants is cargo.  They go back and forth with cargo not doing very well, but still beating out sweatpants.   Cargo pants seem to come into fashion after a major war because the military uses them, but soon fall out again.  Sweatpants rarely if ever even get in and when they do they die even faster.  Me I preferred cargo pants because I had a lot of cargo when they were popular. If I didn’t it might be different

On 5/14/2021 at 7:39 PM, captain_to_fire said:

Cold water is delicious 

Wait this is a unpopular opinion?
I fucking love cold water

13 hours ago, The_Machine125 said:

Wait this is a unpopular opinion?
I fucking love cold water

It's unpopular for your body, never too hot or too cold, always room temp. 😛

Too hot, cancer. Too cold, hard to swallow. thats what I said