Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
4 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Healthier yes, happier NO. Food is the one good thing in this world that truly makes me happy. Without it im not happy. 

healthier? no, it depends on the person and workload to diseases/illnesses.

33 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

healthier? no, it depends on the person and workload to diseases/illnesses.

Have you seen the food we eat here in America? Or the Amount? Obesity is probably one of the number one illnesses in the US. America is in a serious need of a diet. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Im trying to figure out what people see in Culvers. We have one in a neighboring town, thats where we do are grocery shopping. The only thing that place does is cause traffic issues and I wont be surprised if they cause an accident. Their drive thru line backs up on to the street. The issue is the Culvers is located on a corner and the traffic backs up to a major street and it make it impossible to turn left at the intersection. 

The one by our church always has a line.

We went there once for lunch with some friends (pre-COVID) and all I remember is "why is everything so expensive? it tastes the same as McDonalds and the only difference are Culvers' fries are wiggly, not straight."

elephants

2 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

only difference are Culvers' fries are wiggly, not straight."

Well they also have cheese curds. Which are pretty good. But thats literally the only thing. I shouldn't eat cheese so I dont buy them anymore. The only other place with cheese curds around me is A&W, which has a good burger. When I drank pop I would enjoy a nice A&W Root beer. Yeah Culver's is over rated. Both Checkers/Rallys as well as Arby's have the best fries. McDonalds is up there as well. But Burger wise Id say its a toss up between Checkers and A&W. Well actually our local Ice cream place BlueSky has a 6 pack of cheese burgers, and considering they use Fresh Meat and not that frozen shit every other place uses, Id say they have the best burgers, BUT you are waiting on them as they make them fresh to order. 

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Like I said, Not impressed. The burgers are not that good. When I could eat ice cream (Before I figured out I was lactose intolerant) I enjoyed soft serve from a local joint in town.  

Rice dream. Kicks ass not gut. (Well I understand it’s every inch as weight gaining if not even more so, but it doesn’t wrap my guts up with gas so bad the mere existence of it puts me on the floor)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

23 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

As for Myself I feel any group that uses “lambo” as an adjective is not healthy. 

How is that an adjective?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

How is that an adjective?

My point.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

My point.

I'll just....yes...related..?

Spoiler

sjn6rzirs5n21.jpg

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

12 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

but it doesn’t wrap my guts up with gas so bad the mere existence of it puts me on the floor)

Ive nearly died in the restroom due to the lactose intolerance, not from the pain but from the smell. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Ive nearly died in the restroom due to the lactose intolerance, not from the pain but from the smell. 

You're like me. It's not an intolerance for you, but for those around you. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

29 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

I'll just....yes...related..?

Reveal hidden contents

sjn6rzirs5n21.jpg

It was many years ago.  I looked in on the first wave a bit.  I was... less than impressed.

5 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Checkers/Rallys is seriously under-rated, they've got great food.

The only checkers I know of is a checkers pizza.  They do very large very cheap pizzas and cut them into squares not slices.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

The only checkers I know of is a checkers pizza.  They do very large very cheap pizzas and cut them into squares not slices.

https://www.checkers.com/

Just now, Donut417 said:

Looks like a regional chain. Never been to one.

Yeah, I think they're like centeral/east midwest and east coast. I know they're in Chicago but I've only seen them in some bad neighbor hoods and then a few scattered around south of me. Ran into some in the eastern US. If I have the chance I'll gladly eat at one. Anything is better than Hardees/Carls Jr, the Ohio Turnpike can suck it because their food selections at rest stops are terrible. It's a race to the bottom there often, greasy Sabarro pizza that's been under a drying lamp all day, crappy Carls Jr junk, or janky Red Burrito. There's like one or two with some decent food but driving through Ohio on the turn pike is the worst part of any trip for me. I'd almost just take local highways to get better food! Actually, I absolutely would but the GF is cranky as hell when it takes longer to get places. I don't want to suffer for 9 hours, I'd rather enjoy myself for 12.

12 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Yeah, I think they're like centeral/east midwest and east coast. I know they're in Chicago but I've only seen them in some bad neighbor hoods and then a few scattered around south of me. Ran into some in the eastern US. If I have the chance I'll gladly eat at one. Anything is better than Hardees/Carls Jr, the Ohio Turnpike can suck it because their food selections at rest stops are terrible. It's a race to the bottom there often, greasy Sabarro pizza that's been under a drying lamp all day, crappy Carls Jr junk, or janky Red Burrito. There's like one or two with some decent food but driving through Ohio on the turn pike is the worst part of any trip for me. I'd almost just take local highways to get better food! Actually, I absolutely would but the GF is cranky as hell when it takes longer to get places. I don't want to suffer for 9 hours, I'd rather enjoy myself for 12.

The east coast has toll road turnpikes. The restaurants  are concessions on those.  That generally makes for a race to the bottom.  Fees probably go up every year.  There’s a famous story about a baseball concessionaire who walked up onto the mound, sang the national anthem, and blew his brains out in front of the entire stadium.  He was engulfed in debt and it was the only way out.

6 hours ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

Intel is STILL better than AMD

They are, if you enjoy oversimplistic, childish fanboyism rather than judging each individual product on its merits.

Seriously though, why do people say things like that? In some cases an Intel CPU is going to be better and in others an AMD one is going to be better: saying either is fundamentally better than the other is just pointless.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Sometimes, I think the YouTube Partner Program should have never existed

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Speaking of YouTube. 
YouTube actually sucks as a platform for content creators. Their algorithm sucks and awards quantity over quality. And last, but not the least, copyright infringement mechanism is criminally flawed. Yet unfortunately it is currently still the best platform around. 

11 minutes ago, Benji said:

Basically every "partner program" there ever was probably shouldn't have existed in the first place because they promise regular customers "advantages" that don't actually exist but make them even more money and give them more exclusivity. Like the GeForce Partner Program or whatever that was that apparently disallowed their partners from selling AMD graphics cards under the same brand.

I said why sometimes I think YPP should’ve existed, while it incentivized “real” creators to make excellent content, it has also incentivized people to make lazy and shitty content, which I believe doesn’t deserve even a cent of monetization. Not to mention, YouTube has become a cesspool of misinformation, echo chambers, and ill-informed kids who think that vlogging is a real job and that going to school is not necessary. Also, YouTube in itself is a career without tenure or job security. One can be a one hit wonder after a year or two, after that you’re washed up. 

Thank you for my TED talk :old-tongue:

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

On 3/5/2021 at 9:04 PM, Moonzy said:

Unless if you have obligations to attend to during the day.

Somehow i keep messing that part up. Even on work days where i have to get up on 7AM i keep ending up going to sleep at 3AM... Somehow i manage do go through the day and not fall asleep...

On 3/7/2021 at 7:08 AM, Andreas Lilja said:

Iron Maiden with Blaze Bayley was actually good.

Never heard anyone singing as bad as Bruce Dickinson.

He sounds alright on record, but he sounds terrible when he is live.

Actually left a concert once because i was so triggered from the bad singing, lol.

On 3/20/2021 at 10:10 PM, Andreas Lilja said:

Your couch > cinema, concerts, sports 

How is that unpopular? I'd say that's what the majority of this forum would say 😉 

On 3/30/2021 at 6:09 PM, sub68 said:

heavy mouses are still great.

my daily mouse is a Corsair M65 Pro

Had a pretty heavy Logitech G502 for a long time and even used the additional weights you could put into the bottom.

Then switched to a Corsair Dark Core Pro because i wanted to go wireless. It was also very heavy (which wasn't a problem for me at the time). But it had bad quality issues. Then got to my Logitech G Pro Wireless and now i can never go back to heavy mice.

It's like when you try out 144Hz and then go back to 60Hz. Something just feels off all the time. But you don't know what you're missing unless you try it out.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:08 AM, YellowJersey said:

If you're going to post an unpopular opinion, you have to honour the ancient and sacred traditions.

1440pointles.jpeg

I thought so too. Had a LG 27GN850, which is a gold standard as far as 1440p monitors go. Always thought "why would anywone want 4K on a 27" monitor?". Then i decided to try it out, bought a 27GN950, which is basically the same monitor but with higher resolution. Now a 1440p 27" monitor looks blurry to me. Another story of how you can spoil yourself...

On 4/6/2021 at 6:45 PM, rikitikitavi said:

A great example of a hiding screen and nice buttons/knobs is Audi A3 gen 8V

I have an A3 8V. The hiding screen is something i use all the time. Pretty much only have it out once i use my navigation. And all the buttons have a nice clicky feel to it so you can easily adjust anything without even looking. I'm not one that is normally "scared of changes" but hiding stuff like wipers and lights in a sub-menu of a touchscreen is a step backwards, no matter how you want to look at it. (I'm looking at you Tesla...)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

19 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Had a pretty heavy Logitech G502 for a long time and even used the additional weights you could put into the bottom.

Then switched to a Corsair Dark Core Pro because i wanted to go wireless. It was also very heavy (which wasn't a problem for me at the time). But it had bad quality issues. Then got to my Logitech G Pro Wireless and now i can never go back to heavy mice.

It's like when you try out 144Hz and then go back to 60Hz. Something just feels off all the time. But you don't know what you're missing unless you try it out.

Heavy mice ftw.

I have a G502 crammed with as many weights as possible.

Have tried light mice and just hated life.

Mind you FPS ain't really my thing, I guess my opinion could be different if they were.

On 4/20/2021 at 1:20 AM, FakeKGB said:

Arctic Silver 5 smells better than Arctic MX-4.

As for taste, my profound testing had one clear winner: Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.