Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
4 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Chicago deep dish is not a real pizza, nonetheless delicious

This goes into what defines “pizza”. The story of Italy legislating the concept that they invented pizza and therefore being the only people that could make it is a storied one, and an exceptionally weak argument.  They actually had to have a National contest to find a recipie that was even vaguely similar.  It required a huge cash prize and still took over a year.  The best they could come up with was a Roman round bread.  I personally think the opposite is true: Chicago style pizza IS pizza. It’s the Italian stuff that isn’t.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

White 011 Dynamic builds are hideous, a solid black build thats NOT in the 011 is so much better.

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

7 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

-snip-

Because technically, pizza is supposed to be flat and round. Deep dish is a casserole made of dough. It's like vegans saying that "vegan egg fried rice" without the actual eggs.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I'm sick of big city life.  Moved in when I was a kid.

I was born in the countryside.  Slower pace of life.  Everyone in town knows what you ate for lunch last Tuesday.

I'm trying to remember how it was like.

House in a big of a field, dad's dust covered pickup truck and mom's cooking you can smell outside thru the screen door.

2 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Because technically, pizza is supposed to be flat and round. Deep dish is a casserole made of dough. It's like vegans saying that "vegan egg fried rice" without the actual eggs.

Not sure about the “techinally” there.  Technically get vague.  I would take “as I understand it” though.

So you’re saying Chicago style is square.  It doesn’t have to be. it merely CAN be. The main difference between Chicago style and, oh I dunno, say NewYork style, which is also a thing, is Chicago style does a fried thicker crust and had a different ratio of sauce ingredients. Tends to be less sweet. Often has crushed tomato in the sauce. It’s still open face.  Are you talking about “stuffed” pizza?  Where there is another layer of dough a lot like a more traditional pie?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Slow traffic in the left lane should be shot. (North American roads)

4 minutes ago, nbrowser said:

Nah. I’d go with “have you retake their drivers test” though.

Digital games purchases (especially on consoles) are a step in the wrong direction - they're making us move backwards in terms of consumer rights, all for a bit of convenience.

Ten or so years ago, when the majority of game sales were physical, you could simply lend a game that you'd already played through to a friend, or you could go ahead and sell it again to get a bit of your money back. In some cases, this is still true. For instance, I've been able to sell Switch games on one of these sites that purchases and sells used goods for nearly 30€. That's getting 50% back on games that I paid full price for, which has been fantastic for me. Sell two and you're already able to purchase a new one.

Compare that to digital purchases: Most vendors don't allow you to do pretty much anything with these games. No selling, no transferring of usage rights (outside of Steam, I believe?). And if I happen to lose the account info or get my account suspended somehow, the games might be gone for good. And the advantage? I don't have to insert a CD into a drive and save myself a bit of shelf space.

I'm not giving anyone a hard time for choosing to do so. Sometimes it might even be the only way to be able to play a game. I still think that the trend is problematic and more people should choose to stick to other types of distribution if possible. Vendors are saving money through the lack of physical distribution, so they should be trying to encourage digital sales with better service and more flexibility rather than worse.

Console/PC fanboys fanboy not because they're actually fans of that platform, but because they have buyer's remorse and have to justify it.

I'm talking about the ones who defend the company no matter what.

This isn't the same as Wii U fanboys going, "Switch has no games," and you point out how this is false (as an example).

I'm talking like:

"Jim Ryan shuts down Japan Studio"

Sony ponies: YEAHHHH WHO CARES ABOUT JAPANESE GAMES WE GOT OUR GOD OF WAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR
"Sony still doesn't allow expanded storage for PS5 games"
Sony ponies: YEAAAAHHHH WHO CARES, I DON'T NEED IT LIKE THOS XBOTS, I DON'T MIND WAITING TO PLAY A GAME FOR IT TO REINSTALL OR TRANSFER FROM THE EXTERNAL HARDIVE YAAHHHHHH

"Sony charges $70 now instead of $60"
Sony ponies: WE GOT THE HIGHEST OF QUALITIEST OF GAMES WE WILL SPEND ALL THE MONEIS YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, ONLY XBOTS AND NINTENDRONES CARE ABOUT SPENDING $60 CAUSE THEIR GAMES SUX

I'm not saying all sony fans are like this.  They're just the easiest to pick out right now cause of all the stuff Sony's been doing.  Just using these as examples.

It's okay to still like the games a company makes, and even buy them, while being critical about the decisions the suits in corporate make.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1 hour ago, Yeroh said:

don't have to insert a CD into a drive and save myself a bit of shelf space.

That’s the problem. CD, DVD, and Blu-ray’s are dead on the PC. Most people don’t have a drive and a lot of cases don’t have the ability to install one. Lots of people do t want the clutter of external drives. 

Further more disks can be easily damaged. CD keys can get lost. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

I'm talking like:

"Jim Ryan shuts down Japan Studio"

Sony ponies: YEAHHHH WHO CARES ABOUT JAPANESE GAMES WE GOT OUR GOD OF WAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR

I knew Jim Ryan was going to be a disaster for Playstation as soon as I heard Michael Pachter rave about how great he was going to be for Sony.

9 hours ago, nbrowser said:

In some cases people drive in the left lane because the right lane is fucked. Ive seen tons of roads in Michigan where driving on the right WILL cause suspension damage. 

The ones who need to be shot however are the speeders. This one stretch of road I travel on my way to work has 1 lane each direction. Its 45 MPH. People for some reason think they can do 60 MPH. I do 45 because thats the law, and I have seen police camped out on this road. Some of these people get so close to my bumper. Others get hissy and pissy and pass me. The funny thing is when we have to stop at the same red light. 

Modern times..

Life was better without technology.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

I don't know if this will be unpopular here, but it's certainly unpopular with Playstation fans: that Playstation State of Plays fucking suck. Playstation used to knock it out of the park at E3 every year when they'd just shut the fuck up and show live gameplay uninterrupted for 5-10 minutes. But their latest State of Play for Ratchet & Clank Rift sounded like they pulled some guy from HR and had him talk over the game every 20 seconds to explain what wall running was and other self explanatory shit. Every time I start getting into the game here is someone's dad with some dull commentary that says nothing interesting. Whoever thought up these State of Plays needs to be sent to the unemployment line, they're horrendous for drumming up hype for the games and as a PS5 owner I'm kind of worried my system is going to be the scrub console the second half of the gen when Playstation is run by such people who don't seem to understand their core audience very well (eg shutting down Japan Studios). 

But their State of Plays are so bad the one for Ghost of Tsushima completely turned me off from buying a game I was dying to get after the E3 presentation when they first showed it off. Finally bought it a couple of months ago and it was amazing, but that fucking State of Play convinced me it wasn't worth buying at launch even though it 100% was. It's why I turned off the Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart State of Play about 5 minutes in.

Sweatpants will always be better than Cargo pants. The latter is just too tacky for anyone to wear.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Sweatpants will always be better than Cargo pants. The latter is just too tacky for anyone to wear.

*loved the cargo pants fashion* it all depends on whether you need the pockets I suspect.  I carried lots of crap.  Before cargo pants I was a Fanny pack user.  When cargo pants were a thing I could take my trousers of and 4/5ths of their weight was stuff in the pockets. Sweat pants with more than two pockets though that I could really get behind. 

10 hours ago, Donut417 said:

In some cases people drive in the left lane because the right lane is fucked. Ive seen tons of roads in Michigan where driving on the right WILL cause suspension damage. 

The ones who need to be shot however are the speeders. This one stretch of road I travel on my way to work has 1 lane each direction. Its 45 MPH. People for some reason think they can do 60 MPH. I do 45 because thats the law, and I have seen police camped out on this road. Some of these people get so close to my bumper. Others get hissy and pissy and pass me. The funny thing is when we have to stop at the same red light. 

No, it's the ones that drive in the left lane because they are idiots and can't follow the basic law of the area I live in..."SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT" as it's written on the signs dotted along the highways here. If your not passing anyone...get the fuck out of the left lane!

2 minutes ago, nbrowser said:

No, it's the ones that drive in the left lane because they are idiots and can't follow the basic law of the area I live in..."SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT" as it's written on the signs dotted along the highways here. If your not passing anyone...get the fuck out of the left lane!

Left lane or no left lane speeding is a crime. Legally in Michigan you can do no more than 10 under the limit. Also, Ive driven in the right lane just to have people ride my ass. Its worse on one lane roads where they pass in the one coming traffic lanebecause god forbid they have to do the speed limit. The thing that really gets me is the speeders in the left lane on the freeway. These fuckers will be speeding along in the left lane and decide to cut across all lanes just to exit. 

Also if driving in the left lane was an issue the law would be pulling people over for it. Never seen anyone pulled over for it. If the police dont enforce it, it doesnt matter. You know what they do enforce? Speed limits. 

7 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Left lane or no left lane speeding is a crime. Legally in Michigan you can do no more than 10 under the limit. Also, Ive driven in the right lane just to have people ride my ass. Its worse on one lane roads where they pass in the one coming traffic lanebecause god forbid they have to do the speed limit. The thing that really gets me is the speeders in the left lane on the freeway. These fuckers will be speeding along in the left lane and decide to cut across all lanes just to exit. 

Also if driving in the left lane was an issue the law would be pulling people over for it. Never seen anyone pulled over for it. If the police dont enforce it, it doesnt matter. You know what they do enforce? Speed limits. 

This isn't Michigan and even if your at the limit in the left lane and someone doing 10km/h over on your rear end...legally the police will ticket the one impeding traffic, it's happened! 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Also, Ive driven in the right lane just to have people ride my ass. Its worse on one lane roads where they pass in the one coming traffic lanebecause god forbid they have to do the speed limit.

Hate that, tailgating is a crime/ticket and dangerous. While some are just too close, happens with other vehicles too like motorbikes and so on. Too dangerous.

16 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I knew Jim Ryan was going to be a disaster for Playstation as soon as I heard Michael Pachter rave about how great he was going to be for Sony.

God I can't stand Jim Ryan.  I had hype for the PS5 originally.  Then during all the build up he nukes Japan Studios and even now he's just shutting down studios or making them work for Naughty Dog basically.  Plus every time I see the PS5, it gets uglier and uglier to me.  

Honestly almost all my hype for the PS5 is dead, I'll eventually get one but it's not a must have to play even the next God of War, as much as I loved GoW PS4.

16 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I don't know if this will be unpopular here, but it's certainly unpopular with Playstation fans: that Playstation State of Plays fucking suck. Playstation used to knock it out of the park at E3 every year when they'd just shut the fuck up and show live gameplay uninterrupted for 5-10 minutes. But their latest State of Play for Ratchet & Clank Rift sounded like they pulled some guy from HR and had him talk over the game every 20 seconds to explain what wall running was and other self explanatory shit. Every time I start getting into the game here is someone's dad with some dull commentary that says nothing interesting. Whoever thought up these State of Plays needs to be sent to the unemployment line, they're horrendous for drumming up hype for the games and as a PS5 owner I'm kind of worried my system is going to be the scrub console the second half of the gen when Playstation is run by such people who don't seem to understand their core audience very well (eg shutting down Japan Studios). 

But their State of Plays are so bad the one for Ghost of Tsushima completely turned me off from buying a game I was dying to get after the E3 presentation when they first showed it off. Finally bought it a couple of months ago and it was amazing, but that fucking State of Play convinced me it wasn't worth buying at launch even though it 100% was. It's why I turned off the Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart State of Play about 5 minutes in.

This.  I know it's unpopular but last year when Microsoft had their big huge livestream of upcoming games for the Series X.  That was hype as fuck.  They might talk about some of the games some between trailers, but otherwise they just let it show off gameplay and/or the trailer.  And it worked.  I'm fucking hyped for what Microsoft has in the pipeline.

To me it seems like Nintendo and Microsoft are the only ones that can figure out how to get these events to work right.  You show off the game first, then talk about it.  Not pause the action every few seconds to overly explain what's going on on screen.

Like imagine if the OG Halo Infinite trailer was like

"GRASS"

"LOOK AT THE SKY"

"THAT'S A HALO RING"

"OMG ALIEN DINOSAUR"

"MASTER CHIEF'S HELMET, THAT'S RIGHT IT'S MASTER CHIEF"

"DID WE MENTION HALO"

instead of just letting you see it and figure it out.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

PS5 wasn't my kind of hype, also hearing about some of the issues with it compared to PS4.

Although it was fun to see the performance of both xbox and playstation,

Sometimes an Unpopular opinion:

All cooked meat should be fully cooked.

If you can trust some places, then you might be able to eat it raw or medium. (sushi, beef, etc)

Sadly seafood is kind of dying out due to humans trashing the planet, and at times overfishing or bad farming practices (some good ones).

20 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

God I can't stand Jim Ryan.  I had hype for the PS5 originally.  Then during all the build up he nukes Japan Studios and even now he's just shutting down studios or making them work for Naughty Dog basically.  Plus every time I see the PS5, it gets uglier and uglier to me.  

Honestly almost all my hype for the PS5 is dead, I'll eventually get one but it's not a must have to play even the next God of War, as much as I loved GoW PS4.

PS5 is really nice right now. Ghost of Tsushima is jaw dropping at 1800p60 and I'm playing Spiderman now, which looks really nice with RT + 60 fps. And I expect Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart to be outstanding too. Also can't wait for the FFVIIR Integrade patch next month. The system is no doubt ugly and I hate how big it is (had to move my PS3 Fat because I just don't have room for both of them under my main gaming TV), but the hardware is still tremendous value even if PC gpus were selling for MSRP. I just worry about PS5 going on the XBox 360 trajectory: namely, being impressive as hell the first 4 years and then a yawner the next 4 because of Ryan. Gutting Japan Studios was completely nuts. I have bought so many of their games from Ico to SOTC to Last Guardian to Gravity Rush 1 & 2 to Bloodborne to Demon's Souls to Ape Escape and I really do enjoy these kind of AA studios games that Jim Ryan is burning to the ground.

There is no way I'm not getting a Series X in a couple of years. Maybe sooner if XBox has a really impressive E3, though I'd be pretty surprised to see Starfield and Hellblade II coming out this year (don't care at all about Halo).

4 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Maybe sooner if XBox has a really impressive E3

The 64 million dollar question is who's going to be at E3? Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo all do their own events. With everything being Virtual, it almost makes sense for devs to do their own thing, stream it via Youtube or Twitch. 

The other side is that you cant really buy any of the new consoles right now either. Two of my friends are interested in PS5's and haven't been able to find them. With all the shortages, I dont expect us to have supply for a very very long time. 

Kinda miss E3, streamed with people there.

Now everyone do their own thing, and can't keep up with where they are going to stream about new titles.