Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel

Gamepads generally suck for lots of game genres. 

Shibas are great dogs, but they are not dogs for purely dog people. They are dogs for cat people that like dogs as well. 

Server grade hardware is not something that you need in your home if you want to learn server stuff. Server grade hardware is great for its purpose, but it is noisy, power hungry and rack factor is not something that is easy mountable for the average home. You can learn everything by using normal consumer grade hardware. 

WpIdbi6.jpeg

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

On 5/4/2021 at 7:32 AM, Bombastinator said:

I would agree with the iPhone over android thing but for different reasons.  Upfront cost for equivalent features is higher but amortized over time cost is not just lower but a lot lower as long as they are used for their lifetime, because supported lifetime is not infrequently 2 or 3 times longer.  A device that is say 20% more expensive but offers 200% more working life is a better deal if that 200% is actually used. Someone who buys a new phone every year doesn’t experience that though.

It's why I switched to iPhone. Higher upfront cost, lower cost per year. Not sure if it's a reason the apple fanboys would approve of 😆

42 minutes ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

WpIdbi6.jpeg

They are not doing that currently. Employers are fighting hard to get more employees. It’s driving up wages. 

Kinda hard to compete with the government (unemployment insurance). Even with the rise in wages the government still pays more l. LOL. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Complaining about miners getting ahold of GPUs and demanding that only "true" gamers are able to buy GPUs is childish and hilarious.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Foo Fighters and David Grohl are highly overrated solely due to the fact that he came from Nervana

And, Linkin Park did start off strong, but did get better over time.  They're albums, Living Things, The Hunting Party, and especially Recharged were their best albums of all

Case: Lian Li Lancool II-X | MB: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | CPU: i9-10900k Gold Sample | Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360 Illusion | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) | GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3x OC | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 W 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB & Seagate Barracuda 4 TB 3.5" | Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q, Samsung Odyssey G5 27.0", and Huion GT-221 Pro | And of course: Northern Lights desk pad

5 hours ago, Donut417 said:

They are not doing that currently. Employers are fighting hard to get more employees. It’s driving up wages. 

Kinda hard to compete with the government (unemployment insurance). Even with the rise in wages the government still pays more l. LOL. 

Depends on where you look.  There’s a great deal of pushback against the latest minimum wage hike in the US. Personally I feel that the problem is it’s being done wrong.  Inflation is a thing. As a result because the minimum wage is a set dollar amount it means minimum wages effectively go down over time and occasionally get kicked up again. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Depends on where you look.  There’s a great deal of pushback against the latest minimum wage hike in the US. Personally I feel that the problem is it’s being done wrong.  Inflation is a thing. As a result because the minimum wage is a set dollar amount it means minimum wages effectively go down over time and occasionally get kicked up again. 

How US still use tips, and they can still abuse it.

Which I guess its just something to accept or not.

3 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

How US still use tips, and they can still abuse it.

Which I guess its just something to accept or not.

Tips are weird.  It’s a custom that started during the Great Depression and never went away.  I don’t know of anyone else that does it.  They are a nonintended thing.  I think the reason it stayed around is it’s sort of a middle finger to the man. A part of a transaction in which an owner plays no part.  They hate it.  A lot. As a result they have attempted numerous ways of getting in the middle of it.  Demanding they be allowed to offer lower wages to tipped employees and such.  The irony is that behavior itself is what institutionalized tipping.  If they were paid adequately tipping would probably go away like everywhere else.

“Works for tips” is synonymous with a demeaning low end job.  Stuff people wouldn’t even do at all if not paid extra by the customer.   

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

“Works for tips” is synonymous with a demeaning low end job.  Stuff people wouldn’t even do at all if not paid extra by the customer.   

yeah, also not forget other places could "tip" too. It's just not the norm or based around tipping. As I know that sometimes on holiday in other countries people like to tip for extra service. So less about being paid, and more about earing a bonus which I guess was sort of the idea behind it? don't remember.

Just now, Quackers101 said:

yeah, also not forget other places could "tip" too. It's just not the norm or based around tipping. As I know that sometimes on holiday in other countries people like to tip for extra service. So less about being paid, and more about earing a bonus which I guess was sort of the idea behind it? don't remember.

When my grandpa visited my mom while she was studying abroad in Spain, she had to keep telling him "Stop giving such big tips! It's considered rude!"

elephants

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Demanding they be allowed to offer lower wages to tipped employees and such.

Its kinda screwing them over now. Restaurants are having a hard time finding employees. When Fast food is paying $12+ in my area. Warehouses are going up to $15. Ive seen at least 2 or 3 stories of restaurants stating they cant open due to lack of employees. Hell the subway at the Walmart I shop at had to close due to lack of employees. No one wants these low paying jobs and now they restaurant owners are finding out the hard way. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

I read it was something that happened because the Great Depression hit the poor much harder than the rich (as such things generally do) and upscale waiters were in such dire straits that they were quitting to look for better work because living in the areas they had to live in for the job became untenable and they were starving to death.   High end restaurant owners in a bid to keep their workers from leaving one by one decided it was allowed.  It spread quickly and never went away though.  Now it’s systemic and there are whole business sectors based on it.  

8 hours ago, DigitalHabit said:

Foo Fighters and David Grohl are highly overrated solely due to the fact that he came from Nervana

I'm fairly certain that Nirvana would be way less known if Cobain didn't kill himself.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, Andreas Lilja said:

I'm fairly certain that Nirvana would be way less known if Cobain didn't kill himself.

Wasn’t “smells like nirvana” done before he died? Weird al only lampoons really famous stuff.  I’m sure it didn’t hurt though.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Wasn’t “smells like nirvana” done before he died? Weird al only lampoons really famous stuff.  I’m sure it didn’t hurt though.

Y'all should watch the documentary "Soaked in Bleach" about Cobain's death. It's super sus how much stuff was ignored or not mentioned.

12 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Y'all should watch the documentary "Soaked in Bleach" about Cobain's death. It's super sus how much stuff was ignored or not mentioned.

Meh.  It was a long time ago.  I wasn’t ever much of a nirvana fan.  They did some decent music.  I couldn’t even name the band members.  Pop bands come and go.  Enough people cared about that one that I doubt much got swept under the rug long term.

8 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Meh.  It was a long time ago.  I wasn’t ever much of a nirvana fan.  They did some decent music.  I couldn’t even name the band members.  Pop bands come and go.  Enough people cared about that one that I doubt much got swept under the rug long term.

Same here, like it's sus with how badly they did the investigation. 

I think that Oxtail Soup/Stew is way overrated. I almost swallowed a bone the last I had any.... Too much bone, not enough meat...

Need my controllers to be waterproof, else they are going to leak acid from the batteries and they are going to disolve.

ruined some of my controllers that way. (just blaming it on water). Also how come 100 dollars extra for a controller that has less lifetime than previous controllers? whats up with that. *looks back at everything that has a shorter lifetime compared to older versions*

On 5/3/2021 at 10:53 PM, Virus__ said:

iPhones are superior to Android phones given most people don't need or can use the million extra cool features a lot of Androids now have, when a basic iPhone is all most require.

Android phones used to offer hardware features I'd be interested in, like a replaceable battery, headphone jack, SD card, notification LED, now they don't  even have those anymore and are basically no different from iPhones in terms of hardware (equivalent performance, same features with a few exceptions). It comes down to OS mostly. And the extra features Android OS has seem mostly gimmicky to me. Not to mention the slow updates Android phones receive. iPhone just makes more sense for me. 

My unpopular opinion: This thread would be more interesting and exciting if we were allowed to post political and/or "offensive" opinions.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

2 hours ago, Computernaut said:

My unpopular opinion: This thread would be more interesting and exciting if we were allowed to post political and/or "offensive" opinions.

Yeah, but the thread wouldn’t last 5 minutes. people would be offended, so they’d reply, and if it’s an unpopular one there would be more of them and it would turn into a nasty shouting match and the thread would have to be locked.  Everyone has unpopular opinions that are offensive to some.  That’s easy. 

10 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Yeah, but the thread wouldn’t last 5 minutes. people would be offended, so they’d reply, and if it’s an unpopular one there would be more of them and it would turn into a nasty shouting match and the thread would have to be locked.  Everyone has unpopular opinions that are offensive to some.  That’s easy. 

Fair enough. Most of them are just about food though, and that's just a bit bland (no pun intended).

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.