Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
2 minutes ago, FakeNSA said:

Do you live on dirt roads?

Nope, but Montreal streets are an equivalent even if paved. And in winter, the pavement is mostly gone anyway (it's either pot holes or snow and ice covered).

I wont go back to a 2WD vehicle ever.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 minutes ago, FakeNSA said:

Arizona.

Specifically Phoenix, much of the rest of the state is far cooler! But that's not where my university is......

Man, I would kill to have that weather.

Yeah, I remember reading an article a few years back about how they had to ground all flights in and out of Phoenix Airport because it was 52c and the heat meant there wasn't enough air pressure for the planes to maintain flight.

That's crazy.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

now we talking !!! 😄

My wife freaked out the first time I showed her a Canadian snow storm (that's Montreal BTW, and it's not even that bad! I lived through worse !! lol) ;

Reveal hidden contents

fa795bc36fb8d271c2f7bb4b81a676de.thumb.jpg.85e606a232107e28e14aed9660564d11.jpg

lol. My buddie that flew up from Mexico a couple years ago had the same reaction. Dude never seen snow before and then we took him skiing at Jasper lol. 

Just now, wkdpaul said:

Here's one about winter and snow ;

A snow storm is quite fun when you're in a 4x4 / AWD vehicle !

Its just free drift lube. I love throwing my truck in 4Hi and disabling traction/stability control and yeeting it around every corner. I love taking every single backstreet I can after a snowfall. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

Nope, but Montreal streets are an equivalent even if paved. And in winter, the pavement is mostly gone anyway (it's either pot holes or snow and ice covered).

I wont go back to a 2WD vehicle ever.

Fair play! If/when I move to the frozen north, that will be among my first purchases. (behind proper winter gear :-P)

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Yeah, I remember reading an article a few years back about how the had to ground all flights in and out of Phoenix Airport because it was 52c and the heat meant there wasn't enough air pressure for the planes to maintain flight.

That's crazy.

Yep!

And people keep moving here for some reason! (Well, because it's one of the Southwests most affordable and livable big cities, aside from the climate).

But yes, the city is constantly trying to kill us.

3 minutes ago, FakeNSA said:

Fair play! If/when I move to the frozen north, that will be among my first purchases. (behind proper winter gear :-P)

Another advantage is that you don't need to shovel much, just enough to get to the driver's door, I have a 4x4 with all-wheel lock, so in a snow storm I engage the lock and just driver over everything! 😄

5 minutes ago, trag1c said:

Its just free drift lube. I love throwing my truck in 4Hi and disabling traction/stability control and yeeting it around every corner. I love taking every single backstreet I can after a snowfall. 

haha i do the same! 😛 I disable traction control when I get on empty streets and give it enough gas to slide around ! My daughter like it, but not the wife! 😄

Unpopular opinion: Broccoli is legit nice. Not even just "nice for a veggie" but actually nice.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Here's one that'll surely get my ass lit on fire: Toyotas are fucking boring. Nothing about them interests me. They're the default "what car should I buy" pick. "A Toyota". 

Gimme something remotely interesting.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Unpopular opinion: Broccoli is legit nice. Not even just "nice for a veggie" but actually nice.

It’s the odor and pee thing.  That’s getting bred out though.  Broccoli used to be a rarely used vegetable particular to Italian cooking.  Both chef boiardee(sp?) and Julia child championed it to increase green vegetable intake in the US back in the 50’s. A thing that had already been fought for for many years at that time. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I love cold weather and I want more of it. I want more rain too. I want wet, cold weather here in California, way more than we usually get. Sunshine and warm temperatures this time of year puts me down. 😞 Anyone complaining about the rain where they live can send some rain my way. 🙂

1 minute ago, Kylan275 said:

I love cold weather and I want more of it. I want more rain too. I want wet, cold weather here in California, way more than we usually get. Sunshine and warm temperatures this time of year puts me down. 😞 Anyone complaining about the rain where they live can send some rain my way. 🙂

Move to Washington!

They have plenty of all that.

2 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Here's one that'll surely get my ass lit on fire: Toyotas are fucking boring. Nothing about them interests me. They're the default "what car should I buy" pick. "A Toyota". 

Gimme something remotely interesting.

Even people who like Toyota’s would be hard pressed to disagree.  They go after a different group.  People who like low TCO.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s the odor and pee thing.  That’s getting bred out though.  Broccoli used to be a rarely used vegetable particular to Italian cooking.  Both chef boiardee(sp?) and Julia child championed it to increase green vegetable intake in the US back in the 50’s. A thing that had already been fought for for many years at that time. 

It's actually related to people being able to taste some compounds found in brocoli, I personally doesn't taste or smell it.

Canadian news doesn’t hit the US all that much.  Buttergate seems to have though, assuming it even hit Canadian news.  I’m actually kind of envious of buttergate.  That kind of stuff happens in the US a lot but doesn’t even make the news because there are more pressing awful things going on. 

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Canadian news doesn’t hit the US all that much.  Buttergate seems to have though, assuming it even hit Canadian news.  I’m actually kind of envious of buttergate.  That kind of stuff happens in the US a lot but doesn’t even make the news because there are more pressing awful things going on. 

We love complaining about food related issues. I've seen the news about buttergate.

7 minutes ago, Kylan275 said:

19 minutes ago, FakeNSA said:

Come here!
You get a Microcenter, a bunch of museums, snow, rain, hills for sledding, beaches, and we can have a forum member party because there's a whole bunch who live somewhat nearby.

There is the phase where the sky is just plain gray in November, though.

Just ignore that.

elephants

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

We love complaining about food related issues. I've seen the news about buttergate.

I don't get it, my butter is normal at room temp lol

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

It's actually related to people being able to taste some compounds found in brocoli, I personally doesn't taste or smell it.

I think we’re talking about the same thing.  Following childhood food tastes as an adult doesn’t make a lot of sense.   A lot of childhood food cravings are actually bad for adults, and a lot of flavors that are strong in childhood are not in adulthood.

Just now, SGT-AMD said:

I had a customer who wanted me to tune his CB antenna: Because the body was rusted thru, I told him good luck, and fix the body first, so I don't waste my time.

CB?!  That was popular in what? The 1970’s? 

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

Come here!
You get a Microcenter, a bunch of museums, snow, rain, hills for sledding, beaches, and we can have a forum member party because there's a whole bunch who live somewhat nearby.

There is the phase where the sky is just plain gray in November, though.

Just ignore that.

There is an age cutoff though. 

5 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

I don't get it, my butter is normal at room temp lol

Aparently it’s the cow feed.  You may be getting butter from milk made by cows that aren’t on a palm oil diet.

5 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

What age cutoff?

For Canada it’s something above 50.  Makes some sense.  Seems basically all countries that have a positive immigrant ratio do it.  People too close to retirement age are nothing but a drag on the economy.  There’s other stuff too for Canada.  It’s not the easiest country to get into.  Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota have a lot of similarities to south central Canada though and the US is a country that may not have one (haven’t looked) as a Californian you’re already in the US so no barrier.

3 minutes ago, SGT-AMD said:

You want cold? East Machias Maine

Coastal cold is different from central continental cold.  It’s wetter.  It is less cold but feels more cold because it sort of blows through you.  I was born in North Dakota but I never even saw a windbreaker till I went to school in Massachusetts.  

2 hours ago, Spindel said:

4K (and in extension 8K) TVs are a waste and marketing ploy (similar to 3d a couple of years back) in a normal living room viewing distance. I'll go even further and say that most people can't even tell if a movie/program is 720 p or 1080p in a normal living room set up.  

B U T   I   W A N T  D A T   P I X E L    C O U N T    T H O