Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
1 minute ago, PlayStation 2 said:

BMW was never good. Everyone loves to fucking drool at the notion that "[insert 2-4 generations old BMW] is the last great BMW", but in reality, all of them are fucking mediocre.

BMW attracts a certain type of driver as well. They start with an A and end with a hole. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

BMW attracts a certain type of driver as well. They start with an A and end with a hole. 

BMW drivers are fucking dickheads, no qualms about it. I'm not afraid to say it.

To add to it, most hot hatchback owners are completely fucking insufferable. They're the same BMW driver-type but they can't be seen in something as p O s H as a used 2006 BMW 328i. Like yes, I get it, your hairdryer-sounding 4-cylinder makes more power than a V6 Skyline did in 2003. Welcome to 15 years of technological advancement from your "Used from the Factory" 2018 Subaru WRX STI.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

BMW was never good. Everyone loves to fucking drool at the notion that "[insert 2-4 generations old BMW] is the last great BMW", but in reality, all of them are fucking mediocre.

Every car company made a terrific car at one time or another that put them on the map.  Generally it’s something pretty early. The one that bmw made its bones in the US with was the 2002 (which happened long before 2002).  With Ford it was the modelT, and for Chrysler it was something in the 1930’s?  I forget the body style of that was so iconic it actually got used as the standard shell for at least one type of racing that is still being used.  I recall it was a boxy design with 3 side louvera in the wrap around hood. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Every car company made a terrific car at one time or another that put them on the map.  Generally it’s something pretty early. The one that bmw made its bones in the US with was the 2002 (which happened long before 2002).  With Ford it was the modelT, and for Chrysler it was something in the 1930’s?  I forget the body style of that was so iconic it actually got used as the standard shell for at least one type of racing that is still being used.  I recall it was a boxy design with 3 side louvera in the wrap around hood. 

Yeah, but I'm also sick and fucking tired of people bitching about literally everything BMW has done for the past 50 years. All I can take out of it is that BMW fucking sucks and their fans are insufferably picky.

7 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

BMW drivers are fucking dickheads, no qualms about it. I'm not afraid to say it.

To add to it, most hot hatchback owners are completely fucking insufferable. They're the same BMW driver-type but they can't be seen in something as p O s H as a used 2006 BMW 328i. Like yes, I get it, your hairdryer-sounding 4-cylinder makes more power than a V6 Skyline did in 2003. Welcome to 15 years of technological advancement from your "Used from the Factory" 2018 Subaru WRX STI.

The whole bmw driver phenomena was a stereotype. Such things change by time and area.  Currently in my area the drivers to watch out for are well polished 4wheel drive truck with bed covers.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The whole bmw driver phenomena was a stereotype. Such things change by time and area.  Currently in my area the drivers to watch out for are well polished 4wheel drive truck with bed covers.

It's a stereotype that rings true.

P.S. Volvo drivers can also go fuck themselves. Your car being safe doesn't excuse you from using turn signals.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

BMW drivers still cant drive worth a shit in the metro Detroit area. Dont get me started on people in big trucks. My reaction to them is they have LDS, thats why they drive a big truck. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, PlayStation 2 said:

It's a stereotype that rings true.

P.S. Volvo drivers can also go fuck themselves.

Another area thing.  On the east coast volvos have a totally different market than they do in my state.  Where I live volvo drivers are generally geriatric Scandinavians.  Volvo did some rear wheel drive cars that were exceptionally good on snow for a rear wheel drive car.  There was a period in the 80’s and 90’s where if you wanted to drive a rear wheel drive vehicle on snow volvo was the preferred option.  They’re Indian now though.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Another area thing.  On the east coast volvos have a totally different market than they do in my state.  Where I live volvo drivers are generally geriatric Scandinavians.  Volvo did some rear wheel drive cars that were exceptionally good on snow for a rear wheel drive car.  There was a period in the 80’s and 90’s where if you wanted to drive a rear wheel drive vehicle on snow volvo was the preferred option.  They’re Indian now though.

Volvo drivers where I live are owned by people who:

• think they're white enough to ignore every traffic law in the state
  • hate their race more than their family

If ya can't tell, I'm a bit annoyed today. Dunno why, but I am.

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

BMW drivers still cant drive worth a shit in the metro Detroit area. Dont get me started on people in big trucks. My reaction to them is they have LDS, thats why they drive a big truck. 

Whenever I see that acronym all I can think of is startrek4.

1 minute ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Volvo drivers where I live are owned by people who:

• think they're white enough to ignore every traffic law in the state
  • hate their race more than their family

If ya can't tell, I'm a bit annoyed today. Dunno why, but I am.

Irritability.  A symptom of a bunch of possible things. 

Women's hockey is a joke.

There's 2 really competitive teams and the rest, so you get some serious stat padding. Canada beats Switzerland 16-2. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Oh hoh hoh, I've got one that's sure to piss more than a few people off:

Pink Floyd isn't just overrated - they suck. All of their catalog is "We live in a society" and a 20 minute guitar solo. Sorry not sorry.

4 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Yes, I know what irritability is. I said I was annoyed, not mentally brain-dead.

What I’m saying I guess is if you’re feeling that way it could be an outside factor.  There are tons though so it doesn’t say anything specific.  Quitting smoking will do it.  So will being hungry for some people. 

"non-political, non-offensive"

Politics sucks, does that work since it's anti political? XD

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

54 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Pink Floyd isn't just overrated - they suck. All of their catalog is "We live in a society" and a 20 minute guitar solo. Sorry not sorry.

I was actually going to say something similar after seeing someone say Led Zeppelin sucks. Personally I don't get why people like Pink Floyd so much. 

1 hour ago, PlayStation 2 said:

40 minutes ago, The_russian said:

I was actually going to say something similar after seeing someone say Led Zeppelin sucks. Personally I don't get why people like Pink Floyd so much. 

Thoroughly shook by these. Dark Side of the Moon is my favorite album, and I've been listening to songs like No Quarter by Led Zeppelin for decades. All that said, I knew someone that thought The Beatles sucked, they thought they were unimportant to music and over-hyped.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

4 minutes ago, SGT-AMD said:

I had 2 different cars that did very well in the snow: 1973 LTD, with studded snow tires did very well.

2nd car was a Merkur XR4Ti, made in Germany, and agin, did very well with studs. Both were rear wheel drive.

Yep.  Both older.  Snow capacity for rwd has gone down though it’s a bit random. A beetle was good in snow despite rwd, but my not quite former brother-in-law (what do you call your sister’s boyfriend of more than 10 years when they owned a house and business together? Iirc there is a terrific word in Swedish but I forget what it is) had a cayman which couldn’t even make it up a driveway if it was icy.  Thing was a serious hazard in any kind of solid percipitation.  Should have been up on blocks for the winter.

Edited by Bombastinator

Nvidia clearly hoards all the GPUs themselfs so they can mine with them!

Zen-III-X8-5900X (Gamestation 5)

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35,3MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / CPU: AMD Ryzen 9(7) 5900X(ECO mode), 12(8)-cores, 24(16)-threads, 4.5/4.8GHz, 70.5MB(68,35MB) cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2.6GHz 10.6 TFLOPS (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 (SAM enabled) / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600(ASUS Performance Enhancement), 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,7MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1.5GHz 10.54 TFLOPS (Samsung 14nm FinFET) R.ID (NimeZ drivers) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 (SAM enabled) / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

7 minutes ago, Nena Trinity said:

Nvidia clearly hoards all the GPUs themselfs so they can mine with them!

I actually kinda wonder why they don’t.

On 2/27/2021 at 2:38 AM, Bombastinator said:

Where I live it's Audi or Mini drivers, with the occasional Range Rover thrown in, who are the assholes.

Oh, and by the way... I wish people would STOP PRONOUNCING IT "ORDI"!

It's a German company, and in German, "au" makes an "ow" sound. It's "owdi".

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

50 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Where I live it's Audi or Mini drivers, with the occasional Range Rover thrown in, who are the assholes.

Oh, and by the way... I wish people would STOP PRONOUNCING IT "ORDI"!

It's a German company, and in German, "au" makes an "ow" sound. It's "owdi".

I’ve never heard some say ordi.  Might be another localized thing.  I heard the term “bubblah” once and I didn’t know what it was.  On oddity of south Texas I heard about some years ago was that pt cruisers were driven by Mexican gangsters.  Wasn’t at all what was going on in my area at the time.  In my area they were generally driven by soccer moms and old hot rodders.  It seems quite variable.

Edited by Bombastinator

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

What I think he was going for is the fact that "ow" in English is pronounced like an open-mid back rounded vowel (think "autism" or "automobile", which is not what Audi sounds like), while the German pronunciation of Audi is an open front unrounded vowel (think of the word "bra").

@pythonmegapixel Is that what you meant?

What I meant is that I've heard a lot of Americans pronounce the "au" in "Audi" as in "automobile".

I'm not sure if the comparison with the word "bra" is quite right though. In German the comparisons are easy to find - I assumed it was pronounced as in Baum (tree), Traum (dream), automatisch (automatic) - is that correct?

In English, "ow" is pronounced as "au" is in most German words.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.