LTT Official Folding Month 2020!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Luckily when I said it was almost done, I really meant it. 

For the last time in 2020, ladles and gentlespoons, here a blog post.

And with that said, it's a wrap! Thank you for everyone getting involved, if you'd like to continue talking about folding why not head over to The Folding Community Board

1 minute ago, DonGuano said:

433 feels low, how many folders were in spring event?

We are shy this year, I'm guessing it's linked to LTT not giving us any shoutouts this year. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, marknd59 said:

153 ?

Yes, 

Folding month 2019 - 1753

summer sprint of 2020 - 153

Covid event 2020 - 8144(3681 actually folded)

Folding month 2020 - 443

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, yaboistar said:

have you seen my reply?

I did, and I'm not joking when I say this.

I think your GPU might be processing so fast that the usual polling time for a project being changed is being missed because your GPU is getting a few % in to the WU too damn fast.

(now joking) clearly you have caused this issue with your overclocks, so I'm gonna have to ask you to take those off your GPU ;)  I mean at least during the event while I sort this out.

I'm already pretty far in to a revision of the client that should solve this as I leave more and more of how the original client handles events like slot / project / wu changes behind.

I will keep you posted for when I push the new build.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Yes, 

Folding month 2019 - 1753

summer sprint of 2020 - 153

Covid event 2020 - 8144(3681 actually folded)

Folding month 2020 - 443

Yeah... not really feeling the LTT master brand love this go around.   I'm guessing the videos for this in the spring fell flat from a ROI perspective :(

Perhaps if we all water-cooled our GPUs and used LTT Store water bottles as reservoirs?  

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Just now, Filsamek said:

This is my fist folding month, i Did the covid event and maybe the summer sprint, I have the bad memory, but I have 1060 and a P-106 that are pretty much 24/7 anyway

And I thank you for your long term support for the team!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, LAR_Systems said:

Yeah... not really feeling the LTT master brand love this go around.   I'm guessing the videos for this in the spring fell flat from a ROI perspective :(

Perhaps if we all water-cooled our GPUs and used LTT Store water bottles as reservoirs?  

1.4m views is on the lower side of their view counts for that time period, was only expecting a WAN show shout and a tweet, not exactly taking away from their content. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

And I thank you for your long term support for the team!

Thanks, I'm in the sweet position that My electric is included in my rent so i don't have to worry about bill spikes, I just Wish i could use that advantage with some better Hardware ha

4 minutes ago, Filsamek said:

Thanks, I'm in the sweet position that My electric is included in my rent so i don't have to worry about bill spikes, I just Wish i could use that advantage with some better Hardware ha

Poor  landlord lol

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

1 minute ago, DonGuano said:

Well, the few of us is better than nothing, lets do our best...

Well on the first day we did 630 million points, so I think that is a result in itself personally

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, DonGuano said:

I'm trying to max out my 2070S. Trying to break 3M PPD, just to see if I can..

You know what that means...
73650287.thumb.jpg.7a5cd99b23022b7ee9d1e7a8a100a11c.jpg

5 hours ago, Favebook said:

Gotta love the temps. Especially Max ones :D 

Spoiler

gottalove.thumb.PNG.f2626799019ae0d3f3520f90b6c5e4ba.PNG

Personally, I'd rather my GPU be in the high 50's-60's and have my fans spin at half the speed. The fan bearings on a card will die long before the GPU dies because of heat cycling hot-cold-hot

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Personally, I'd rather my GPU be in the high 50's-60's and have my fans spin at half the speed. The fan bearings on a card will die long before the GPU dies because of heat cycling hot-cold-hot

My rattling 1060 agrees.

3 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

My rattling 1060 agrees.

as does my rattling 2060 with a missing fan

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

25 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I do not give an f about fans, even if they fail, I'll replace them. And both of those cards are in warranty anyway. Also, they are gonna be sold in next year, therefore, there is no reason to spare those fans right now.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

22 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

as does my rattling 2060 with a missing fan

Haven't had many issues over the years, but recently I've been having a lot with gpu fans.