LTT Official Folding Month 2020!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Luckily when I said it was almost done, I really meant it. 

For the last time in 2020, ladles and gentlespoons, here a blog post.

And with that said, it's a wrap! Thank you for everyone getting involved, if you'd like to continue talking about folding why not head over to The Folding Community Board

10 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

It's supposed to warm up here in the next few days... not looking forward to that.

Sunshine.thumb.jpg.8111f817a8da33b1f85153c17d25af09.jpg

This picture describes perfectly how I feel right now, I've even temporarily installed a centrifugal fan.

17 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

So how are we all getting on, it is still surprisingly cold here to say I'm folding as much as I am. I'm happy though, higher boost clocks are always nice

Mixed blessings here.  Cloudy day means the heat is more welcome…but also means my solar panels aren't covering the electricity for it.

38 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

So how are we all getting on, it is still surprisingly cold here to say I'm folding as much as I am. I'm happy though, higher boost clocks are always nice

Gotta love the temps. Especially Max ones :D gottalove.thumb.PNG.f2626799019ae0d3f3520f90b6c5e4ba.PNG

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

56 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

Just went for a drive, car is telling me it's 33c and this is the view from my house, I didn't even zoom in. 

20201013_165118.thumb.jpg.766801fc9b94c7db4f0f2320545844ca.jpg

I'm folding in this, it was raining like 2 or 3 days ago.

4 minutes ago, Shlouski said:

Just went for a drive, car is telling me it's 33c and this is the view from my house, I didn't even zoom in. 

20201013_165118.thumb.jpg.766801fc9b94c7db4f0f2320545844ca.jpg

I'm folding in this, it was raining like 2 or 3 days ago.

I don't know where you are, but that's beautiful.

35 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

@LAR_Systems been running into this a lot lately, folding web viewer not displaying the right project number and skewing the % PPD display

image.png.d1d16cc84bc4cf7bebe800e0c4022958.png

is this something you're aware of?

When this happens can you screen shot the entire web client.  IE.  Need to see what the performance window says vs the project info shown below the tab in the web client.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

1 hour ago, yaboistar said:

image.png.12cb097f1acfb4fe4c46bade0afcc6c5.png

That's odd. The 2080TI i'm folding on at work does almost 5mil. PPD and my 2060 super at home, see snippet below.

snip1.jpg

Edited by d0ks
typo

2 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

certain WU's interact differently - this card performs at 6.3 on other units

thanks!

didn't know that.

1 hour ago, LAR_Systems said:

It's supposed to warm up here in the next few days... not looking forward to that.

That movie is a visual spectacle! Nice choice.

29 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

OK I finally broke down and setup CPU slots on both my 2 systems. Should be good for about another 100K PPD. looks like I'm going to need every PPD I can get not to slip too far down the rankings.

Please don't make me turn on my threadripper.... so hot... so very... very... hot.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

1 hour ago, d0ks said:

thanks!

didn't know that.

Check out the bottom of the profile pages and you can see some averages for how your card performs when folding different projects.

https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_datasheet?gpu_model=tu102_geforce_rtx_2080_ti_rev_a_m_13448

3 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

Please don't make me turn on my threadripper.... so hot... so very... very... hot.

thanks to my SFF build folding on my 1950X actually pumps so much heat into the system that both the GPU's in the same waterloop actually clock down.

so CPU folding is double pointless on my end.

7 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

Check out the bottom of the profile pages and you can see some averages for how your card performs when folding different projects.

https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_datasheet?gpu_model=tu102_geforce_rtx_2080_ti_rev_a_m_13448

LOOOOOOOVE the chrome interface!

So much more new info too!

Great job!

Now that I have figured out what is going on, I have decided to UNLEASH FULL POWER! I have a Ryzen 9 3900x that I had set to 9 threads, now I'm getting it up to more like 20 (still have stock cooler so I'm trying to control temps. Got my PC in a better position that has helped out the the temps a ton), and I'm UNLEASHING THE GPU OC!

Just now, yaboistar said:

be careful with overclocks as FAH is a lot more sensitive than games are

I have just used the OC that MSI Afterburner put together for me, no tweaks except to the fans, since I am not really familiar to overclocking and don't want to really screw up my stuff.

welp some how rzyn master corrupt and  screwing up my folding..... due to funky clock speeds

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

36 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

where you running overclocked?

no i had to use gaming mode the 8 core one. for 1 game. i wanted to replay seeing i read about new builds of character. and when goin back to none game mode. it clock it to 3.7.... the base clock for master always has been the stock speed.

atm i even having issue re installing the software.....

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC