Caffeine Addicts Corner

So I didn't see a dedicated thread for we caffeine addicts.

Recently I have been trying to quit Soda's, for weight concerns. So I've decided to switch to coffee to get my daily Caffeine. Until now my preferred coffee was 7/11 original roast, about 1/6th of the cup being french vanilla creamer.

Gonna get a decent electric kettle and a pour over coffee maker, and start trying different kinds of coffee to see what I like.

How do you prefer to get your caffeine?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

~1 energy drink per day, sometimes less.

Not a fan of regular hot coffee, pretty much limit my intake to when I eat out.

Iced coffee once in a while, especially Timmies' 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

49 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

How do you prefer to get your caffeine?

BAI, they have 45 to 55 mg of caffeine. Very little sugar. So not as bad. I myself never liked the taste of coffee, I do like hot tea however. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I know it is not health but currently, ~2 energy drinks a day because I am in the process of changing my sleep schedule. It is summer have to finish university work but I have to do it at night due to major it. It sucks that the library with the air conditioning has closed

Cold brew ftw xD. it takes time to prepare one but it’s less acidic, hence gentler on the stomach. I like using coarsely ground medium roast coffee beans. 

PSA: A Frappucinno is not real coffee. It’s just sugar + whipped cream which is loaded with empty calories 🙅🏻🤮

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Timmies Double Double gang

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Mc'Ds Double Double gang

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I usually have one cup of drip coffee in the morning on workdays, but on the weekends I usually grind some beans and use a French Press.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

6 cup a day of black coffee. 
6:30 AM x2

10:00 AM

12:00 AM

2:00 PM or 3:00 PM, usually both

before gym at 4:30 PM

I should cut down. Sodium levels probably through the roof. 

Now that I'm home a lot more often, 1-2 coffees per day. Black, ofc

If I go out, 1-2 coffees/Red Bulls on top of that.

During uni, double the above. Not even joking.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

6 cup a day of black coffee. 
6:30 AM x2

10:00 AM

12:00 AM

2:00 PM or 3:00 PM, usually both

before gym at 4:30 PM

I should cut down. Sodium levels probably through the roof. 

H E A L T H Y

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Iced filter coffee for me, 4 to 5 cups per day as of late, use medium roast most of the time,Vergano Cortina and Vergnano Amalfi are my fav beans these days. I used to do regular cold brew, but this is way better, at least for me that is. If someone is interested, here is this short and very informative video.

Starbucks makes some nice cocktails with coffee.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I buy specialty blends for my french press when I go to Waitrose.

Im currently really enjoying making Yorkshire Gold tea in my loose leaf pot. Tastes way better than the bags.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

12 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Very strong coffee, the kind where a horseshoe floats. Maybe about ten cups a day.

Your heart must be a rare specimen :D If I do that, (and sometimes when I need to do all nighters few days in a row I will do that) my heart goes crazy. I figure it's tiny bit better than energy drinks.

Edited by nox_

I usually drink a double espresso in the morning, sometimes another one a bit later. I have a coffee grinder and an espresso machine, I don't like using other brewing methods.

Sometimes, I add milk, but usually I drink it black.

I know someone who used to drink so much coffee that her finger nails (or the area around it, not sure) started turning white, which apparently was a sign of caffeine poisoning.

Sometimes rockstar, sometimes redbull, if I’m feeling fancy black espresso or an americano, if I forgot my caffiene in the morning and I’m at work, Dr Pepper.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Generally Pepsi Max Cherry, occasional can of Monster when necessary, and on nights out (remember those?) I could be persuaded to sink an Espresso Martini or three.

2 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

Generally Pepsi Max Cherry, occasional can of Monster when necessary, and on nights out (remember those?) I could be persuaded to sink an Espresso Martini or three.

I always went too far when mixing caffeine and liquor.

Aristocrats Vodka and Mountain Dew. Ugh, bad memories.

Depends on so many things.

Typical daily intake consists of two sugar free energy drinks (usually Monsters). Sometimes I'll add a Tim Horton's Iced Coffee on the way home; if I'm watching my sugar intake, I'll switch the syrup for sweetener and cream.

For regular coffee, I typically run hot, so I usually only have coffee in colder months or if I know I can relax with it and let it cool. I don't really have a preference on brand but I used to buy special blends and try new stuff all the time. Given my usual coffee maker has been in storage for awhile, and I'm not pretentious enough for fancy espresso machines, French press or certain pour-over varieties, just using a Keurig at the moment. No brand preference with pods either, though I am partial to brands with hazelnut offerings. 

If I'm out, I'm not picky and Tim Horton's or McDonald's double double is good enough; with sweetener if I'm keeping sugar down.

And when it comes to energy drinks, there's not many I dislike and I'm always switching it up when picking flavors. Only real constant is sticking towards sugar free options unless I'm really craving a certain flavor.

I also dabble with tea from time to time.

On 8/9/2020 at 10:15 PM, Teddy07 said:

I know it is not health but currently, ~2 energy drinks a day because I am in the process of changing my sleep schedule. It is summer have to finish university work but I have to do it at night due to major it. It sucks that the library with the air conditioning has closed

I can give a couple pointers since I recently switched shifts at my job to thirds. Not insulting your intelligence or anything, but just something to consider. I stayed up an hour or two later every other day and made sure to sleep past my normal waking up time by around the same amount. In about a week I was consistently staying awake without problems, though I did use some energy drinks for the first couple days. The key, to me at least, was a gradual push into staying up during the night as opposed to trying to do it all in one go.

Just a thought.

I don't drink anything with caffeine anymore, gave it up entirely (although that was by accident...)but when I did, it was usually 4 litres of coke a day. But that was a long time ago, and these days I'm simply high on life. Being a morning person helps tremendously.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Depends on the mood/weather. Normally it's 1-2 pour overs (1 for breakfast, 1 for mid afternoon), but sometimes I swap them out with cold brew if it's warm out. Generally I take a little bit of cream just to take the edge off ;)

Beans normally are from a specialty roaster, normally Pilot Coffee in Toronto, but I sometimes change it up and get something different like Monogram, Phil & Sebastian, etc.

On 8/9/2020 at 11:04 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Sir this is not coffee ;) :P 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

On 8/9/2020 at 9:19 PM, Trik'Stari said:

Recently I have been trying to quit Soda's, for weight concerns.

I used to love to drink mountain dew and had to give it up for the same reasons.

It tasted so good, gave me the caffeine I wanted but it made me so fat so fast.

Like someone was pumping me up like a tire with air. 😄

Now I prefer that McCafe Colombian coffee.

I just have to make sure I don't drink too much of it so I sleep good at night.

That is some good tasting coffee.

1 hour ago, Intergalacticbits said:

I used to love to drink mountain dew and had to give it up for the same reasons.

It tasted so good, gave me the caffeine I wanted but it made me so fat so fast.

Like someone was pumping me up like a tire with air. 😄

Now I prefer that McCafe Colombian coffee.

I just have to make sure I don't drink too much of it so I sleep good at night.

That is some good tasting coffee.

I actually stopped drinking Mountain Dew after buying one and seeing stuff floating in it, it tasted off.

Since then I've only tried it like 3 different times, and each time it hasn't tasted as good as it used to way back when.