This Video was Edited on an iPad Pro…

The iPad Pro talks a big talk, but can it REALLY replace a PC now that it has the Magic Keyboard and trackpad? We made an entire video with one to find out. (Linus says RILEY edited it, but due to time constraints, it was actually MARK who edited)

Buy Apple iPad Pro: https://geni.us/UcZFww
Buy Apple iPad Pro Magic Keyboard: https://geni.us/7nS4OQ2

The apps we used:
Lumafusion: https://luma-touch.com/lumafusion-for-ios-2/
Affinity Photo: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/ipad/
Shiftscreen (we didn't like it): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/shiftscreen/id1498683180

4 minutes ago, RILEYISMYNAME said:

but can it REALLY replace a PC now that it has the Magic Keyboard and trackpad

No

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

No

Maybe.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

5:18

So I guess my 3 year old Android phone also is a computer?

Just open YouTube on Chrome, open a video (playlist preferred), switch to desktop mode and then just go to another tab/another app/lock the screen and now go to your notification tray. There will be a notification, which you can press the play sign on. Click on that and boom, music.

So a phone can listen to YouTube audio without YouTube Premium too.

Just the 'are you still there' reminders every so often can be annoying.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

13 minutes ago, Void Master said:

Maybe.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/462/400/978.jpg

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Once again, the transitions between presenters was amazing. I really enjoyed that one would grab the iPad from the other, while the other seemed confused/annoyed that it was being taken away. I like this new style of transition - hope it's here to stay.

After i finally watched the video, i realized that the iPad pro might be really useful for some people i know.

It's a computer, but it's also not....

But it's still a really capable machine, the fact that they edited 4K video on it is amazing, and how much better it became compared to it's release. I am sure the experience will become better and better as apple continues polishing it.

IDK if i am going crazy, but i am really considering buying one of these for someone i know.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

11 minutes ago, Void Master said:

i realized that the iPad pro might be really useful for some people i know.

The 120hz refresh rate and very responsive feel to using it is what makes so many of use just wish it the software was better. It is so enjoyable to use even with all the little issues as mentioned in the video somehow you have more `fun` using the iPadPro than a regular laptop. 

I really enjoyed this video.  I am not surprised that iPad Pro was able to do the editing for the video, it is a really capable device.

I have a 2020 11" iPad Pro.  I just can't justify spending 400cdn on the magic keyboard with the trackpad, no matter how cool it is.  So for now, I don't see it replacing a PC.  But I do love it a lot.

There are rumors Apple want to switch to ARM processors for Mac anyway. Will the iPad Pro and the Macbook just fuse into one unit?

Getting much better with your videos Riley. Great work. Next challenge - shot on iPhone and edited on iPhone?

5 hours ago, RILEYISMYNAME said:

The iPad Pro talks a big talk, but can it REALLY replace a PC now that it has the Magic Keyboard and trackpad?

Actually, at this point in time, it could, provided that your expectations from it fit your workflow and its capabilities.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Love the hair Taran!

https://i.gyazo.com/a175ac07432eaccecb02f05518877890.png

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Very glad that about how this video turned out. While I don't have an iPad Pro, I do have the 10.2" iPad and I love it. It's great for taking notes while watching math lectures during Corona Time. It's light, decently fast, can use full desktop websites, and runs iOS. 

Is it a computer? No. But can it replace a computer for about 90% of people? Absolutely. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

I’m kind of tempted to get a Lightning to HDMI adapter, and Bluetooth peripherals (Mouse and Keyboard) for using my own iPhone for work stuff. It would actually be substantially better behaved than the PCs there, and the main tool is an inventory management application that runs in the browser. Though the aspect ratio puts the black bars on top and bottom instead of on the sides. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

Very glad that about how this video turned out. While I don't have an iPad Pro, I do have the 10.2" iPad and I love it. It's great for taking notes while watching math lectures during Corona Time. It's light, decently fast, can use full desktop websites, and runs iOS. 

Is it a computer? No. But can it replace a computer for about 90% of people? Absolutely. 

Speaking in the literal sense, phones and tablets are every bit a computer as any x86 desktop PC out there. The basic components are all there (just of differing scales), CPU, RAM, GPU, input and output. Hardware-wise, the only meaningful differences would be in integration and performance. It’s really only the OS where the two computing platforms diverge. 

My eyes see the past…

I'm not so sure how I feel about this one. For the price of an ipad pro and that dock you could just go buy a new actual laptop with massively better specs that doesn't have such a compromised experience. We're talking $800 (for an absolute base model) + $300 for that stand at which point you could get an MSI GF65 with a 1660 TI, an i7-9750H, almost 3x the RAM, 4X the storage, and without needing to buy adapters to plug a usb stick into it. You're paying entry level gaming laptop pricing pricing for a machine with specs reminiscent of a $350 laptop, with an OS that isn't even as versatile for just web browsing, that won't let you install your own programs, that has functionally no multi monitor support, effectively no resizable windows, and can't run as much software. For gods sake for less than the iPad pro you can buy a full on Surface Pro 7 and that comes with the keyboard cover. As polished as the interface is if it's breaking your gmail signatures in such a fundamental way what's the point? Maybe it's appealing because it feels different to use but at the end of the day it's an $800 (or more) un-servicable slab with an almost humorously small amount of RAM and storage with less real functionality than a GPD Win and that you aren't even allowed to install your own apps or a different OS on. This is not a good device to spend your money on if you do anything other than make 6 figures to scroll through Facebook all day, even for creative work it's more of a novelty than a real power house and things that you can do effortlessly on a cheaper Windows or even used macOS system it can also kind of do. Like yeah I can make my TI-84 CE do ray tracing and I can hook a keyboard to it and edit a text document but my actual computer does it a lot better.

10 hours ago, minibois said:

5:18

So I guess my 3 year old Android phone also is a computer?

Just open YouTube on Chrome, open a video (playlist preferred), switch to desktop mode and then just go to another tab/another app/lock the screen and now go to your notification tray. There will be a notification, which you can press the play sign on. Click on that and boom, music.

So a phone can listen to YouTube audio without YouTube Premium too.

Just the 'are you still there' reminders every so often can be annoying.

Also the file management is way better on my android phone than iPad's files app

Edited by ValdTheBaldEgg

38 minutes ago, ValdTheBaldEgg said:

Also the file management is way better on my android phone than iPad's files app

Definitely in agreement. iOS has come a long way, but it still isn’t quite there yet. 

Also, if I could just drag and drop files from my desktop to the iPhone without messing around with iTunes, that would be fantastic. 

My eyes see the past…

3 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Also, if I could just drag and drop files from my desktop to the iPhone without messing around with iTunes, that would be fantastic. 

I hate this 

I don't use iPhones but when ever I deal with them I hate that it is just a read device only 

Like why can't we just drag and drop files 

Is it that hard?!?!

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

8 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I hate this 

I don't use iPhones but when ever I deal with them I hate that it is just a read device only 

Like why can't we just drag and drop files 

Is it that hard?!?!

Pretty close to everyone in the family and the friends I regularly talk with all use iPhones. I knew what I was in for when I made the switch. Spent a not-insignificant quantity of time to organize my music library as it was pretty much scattered in different areas and drives, fixing tags and converting anything FLAC to something that iTunes will actually import. 

My eyes see the past…

3 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Pretty close to everyone in the family and the friends I regularly talk with all use iPhones. I knew what I was in for when I made the switch. Spent a not-insignificant quantity of time to organize my music library as it was pretty much scattered in different areas and drives, fixing tags and converting anything FLAC to something that iTunes will actually import. 

I skipped all of that 

Now when ever I get a new phone Google does everything for me 

One con is I'm limited to android phones this way because I use Google apps daily 

They work best with my pixel but they are fine on other phones

Build Log: 

30 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I skipped all of that 

Now when ever I get a new phone Google does everything for me 

One con is I'm limited to android phones this way because I use Google apps daily 

They work best with my pixel but they are fine on other phones

I’m not really invested in Google apps any, so switching between platforms isn’t a big deal. Though as I like to type from time to time, the limited choices is cross platform word processing is an issue. I like Pages on iPhone, and LibreOffice works well for me in Windows, but moving files between the two is easiest done with a cloud provider for an intermediary. Given that have to connect the phone to my desktop for tethered internet anyway should drive this point home. 

There are a number of pros with the iOS platform which is why I chose it, but moving files between it and a Windows machine required saintly patience. 

My eyes see the past…

6 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I’m not really invested in Google apps any, so switching between platforms isn’t a big deal. Though as I like to type from time to time, the limited choices is cross platform word processing is an issue. I like Pages on iPhone, and LibreOffice works well for me in Windows, but moving files between the two is easiest done with a cloud provider for an intermediary. Given that have to connect the phone to my desktop for tethered internet anyway should drive this point home. 

I use Google docs for everything and drive (and this might sound stupid but it works ) to transfer what ever I worked on my phone to my machine 

It's a little clunky but it works at the end of the day 

In terms of apple stuff I have been debating if I should upgrade my Fitbit Alta HR to maybe  something like an apple watch series 3  from what I can see there is no smart watch in the whole Market that even comes close to apple watches

But if I get it I will have to live with not being able to use it's full potential 

That's the thing I hate about apple

You like one product from their lineup ? Welp too bad because you have to buy the other ones if you want to utilize it correctly 

Build Log: 

Yup, i agree. But if you are considering an Apple Watch, go for it. I bought one a couple of months ago. I don't have anything in their lineup except for the watch. Although I could never use its full potential, It's still an amazing peice of hardware with software that is better that Samsung's (hurts for me to say it but that's the truth)

A guy asking and answering in his bedroom since he has nothing else to do