HELP booting into windows but gpu not detected

My computer is booting in to windows but my graphics card isn’t detected and the white led on my motherboard is showing. The display port cable is connected to my gpu and display is showing. Could it be that my power supply got cooked and can’t power my graphics card anymore?

10 minutes ago, Sirkitty said:

My computer is booting in to windows but my graphics card isn’t detected and the white led on my motherboard is showing. The display port cable is connected to my gpu and display is showing. Could it be that my power supply got cooked and can’t power my graphics card anymore?

Some more information. It happened when I was playing a heavy usage game, the screen turned off and the fans were running really fast. The graphics cards fans still spin. I’ve tried reseating my gpu. But the big thing is that I get display so I don’t think my graphics card is dead.

Oh and my setup is a ryzen 7 5800x 32 gb 3200 mhz ram rx6800xt and 650w power supply. 

Would you be able to show us a screenshot view of all your devices in Device Manager, with each category expanded? You can access this either by finding it in the Start Menu, searching for it in Windows Search, or by using the Run dialog (Win + R) and typing 'devmgmt.msc'.

6 hours ago, Eggicus Roundplumpius said:

Would you be able to show us a screenshot view of all your devices in Device Manager, with each category expanded? You can access this either by finding it in the Start Menu, searching for it in Windows Search, or by using the Run dialog (Win + R) and typing 'devmgmt.msc'.

Yeah no display is showing anymore. The white light is also gone when booting up.

6 hours ago, Eggicus Roundplumpius said:

There was signs of my power supply dying before this too. Should I just go out and buy a new power supply and seeing if it works and returning it if it doesn’t?

8 hours ago, Sirkitty said:

There was signs of my power supply dying before this too. Should I just go out and buy a new power supply and seeing if it works and returning it if it doesn’t?

Just to be sure, because this'll be a hell of a lot less expensive, I'd buy another cable first. Make it a HDMI cable as well, just in case the DisplayPort on your GPU/Monitor is dead.

On 5/8/2024 at 1:20 AM, Eggicus Roundplumpius said:

Just to be sure, because this'll be a hell of a lot less expensive, I'd buy another cable first. Make it a HDMI cable as well, just in case the DisplayPort on your GPU/Monitor is dead.

Yeah that didn’t work either

im picking up a power supply today so hopefully that’s the problem otherwise I’m completely lost