RTX 3080 image (maybe?)

porina

Do you like the looks of the cooler?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the looks of the cooler?

• Love it
    • Like it
    • It's ok
    • Dislike it
    • Hate it

These look so fake. Theres no way Nvidia would orient the text like that, its upside down when the cards in the slot or even if a PCIe riser is used.

I'd bet my left nut someone made it on a 3D Printer and glued it to another card.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

These look so fake. Theres no way Nvidia would orient the text like that, its upside down when the cards in the slot or even if a PCIe riser is used.

Since it's an early design it's possible 

Usually leaks with a card's shroud only has the shroud and not the pcb 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

I'm confused, The bottom cards PCIE inteface should be on the opposite side right? if that portion facing us is the bottom part, imagine how it's fitted in . it doesn't make sense.

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3080-1000x750.jpg.d42f33b56baee6520eaa14e94da4e479.jpg

Details separate people.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

14 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

The "RTX 3080" writing would be facing the correct way. That's the top of the card, the backplate.
If you're using a vertical GPU mount you wouldn't see it as it would be facing the motherboard.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

13 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The "RTX 3080" writing would be facing the correct way. That's the top of the card, the backplate.
If you're using a vertical GPU mount you wouldn't see it as it would be facing the motherboard.

The backplate has a fan mounted on it? That would mean that entire fan exists to blow on to the PCB. Plus as @Tech_Dreamer pointed out, the PCIe slot is on the wrong side of the card to the mounting bracket.

There's no way to orient that shroud on that PCB in a way that fits, if you rotate the shroud the bracket is on the wrong end of the card and if its upside down (so bottom on top and top on bottom) then the bracket is still misaligned with the slot.

They've obviously taken a short PCB and created something to fit it on a 3D Printer, it looks like that fan must go all the way through as the backplate is way to close to the PCB to fit a fan in the gap.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Escanor said:

Time to start saving up for gpu upgrade alto probably gonna aim for evga rtx 3080 ti with water block pre installed probably unless that block is crap.

If your coming from Turing 

Upgrading I would say would be pointless the performance improvement is still unclear and obviously the price will be a surprise for all of us lol

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

10 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

The backplate has a fan mounted on it? That would mean that entire fan exists to blow on to the PCB. Plus as @Tech_Dreamer pointed out, the PCIe slot is on the wrong side of the card to the mounting bracket.

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3080-Irregular-PCB.jp

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3080-3D-Model.png

Dell S2721DGF - RTX 3070 XC3 - i5 12600K

11 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

... It's weird.
Pay attention to the IO bracket and the orientation of the PCIe fingers. Look at where the PCIe locking tab is. That will give you a good idea of which way it goes in.

Spoiler

image.png.64ad2002fac9daed00fabae764939fba.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

. It's weird.
Pay attention to the IO bracket and the orientation of the PCIe fingers. Look at where the PCIe locking tab is. That will give you a good idea of which way it goes in.

So the GPU will suck air in from the top (near the CPU cooler).

It would definitely look better ,but what about airflow and temps ?

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

4 minutes ago, System32.exe said:

SNIP

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

... It's weird.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.64ad2002fac9daed00fabae764939fba.png

Yeah, you guys are correct. For some reason I though the connector should be at the back of the card (I was thinking of AGP I think). Still how does that backplate fan fit in the gap between the shroud and the PCB? Is it a short PCB with the fan running straight through from back to front?

Not going to matter once there's a waterblock on it.

Fan near the PCI-E bracket is intake. Fan on the other side is likely the exhaust. ez.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

12 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Is it a short PCB with the fan running straight through from back to front?

That would be my best guess. High airflow should be possible. I always found "conventional" GPUs a bit weird in that they blow air onto the PCB but there's not really much space for it to go from there apart from the limited space at the edges.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Yeah, you guys are correct. For some reason I though the connector should be at the back of the card (I was thinking of AGP I think). Still how does that backplate fan fit in the gap between the shroud and the PCB? Is it a short PCB with the fan running straight through from back to front?

@System32.exe posted a good pic above from the article listed in the OP.

The PCB stops before it gets to the fan, at least that's what appears to be the case from the photos.

9 minutes ago, System32.exe said:

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3080-Irregular-PCB.jp

I do wonder what the top fan is supposed to be cooling. There must be heatpipes that run the full length of the card?? Otherwise the fan on the PCB side would just be cooling some aluminium fins not attached to anything.

Spoiler

(you get the idea)

image.thumb.png.1db3c17d25111a80b7e0e6fa87e9d671.png

13 minutes ago, Void Master said:

So the GPU will suck air in from the top (near the CPU cooler).

It would definitely look better ,but what about airflow and temps ?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If this is real you'd need to wait for benchmarks and also compare to more traditional coolers once AIB partners release their custom designs.

I would be interested to know if such a design would be better when used in a multi GPU setup, as the top card would be able to pull fresh air in from the top.

And of course keep in mind these are just rumours and "leaked" pics, so this might not be the real deal.

7 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i'd wonder if the power delivery stuff would be reduced compared to the 20-series cards o_o

I mean they are running 7nm (likely) so my guess would be ( assuming this is the pcb size ) that it will have less power phases but will ultimately not need the extra ones as it will be way more efficient 

That would be my guess 

Build Log: 

One quick question 

So at the end of the day this design has 2 fans one as intake and one as exhaust

One being on the backplate and the other would be in the usual spot 

Build Log: 

The positioning of fins on the image of OP first post seems strange, as if the radiator is partitioned into separate areas. Strange.

I edit my posts more often than not

19 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Fan near the PCI-E bracket is intake. Fan on the other side is likely the exhaust. ez.

I hadn't picked up on that earlier. The fans are not the same, with the curvature differing in orientation between them. What I'm not sure is if the PCB side fan sucks or blows. So on regular fans, the air moves from the convex side to the concave side. I can't say with 100% certainty, but I think it is convex side out, thus both fans push conventionally. If there is some benefit to have them rotating in opposite directions, I don't know. Was it Gigabyte who did that on some of their GPUs? Where fans are next to each other, having them rotate opposite like cogs means they work with each other at the interface, rather than against. But I'm really not sure on that.

It also doesn't help it looks like there's two strong light sources hitting the PCB side fan in the image, so part looks like they could have inverted it to make it flow opposite to convention, that is, blows towards the mounting frame side which is presumably inside the card as it isn't visible outside. 

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I do wonder what the top fan is supposed to be cooling. There must be heatpipes that run the full length of the card?? Otherwise the fan on the PCB side would just be cooling some aluminium fins not attached to anything.

That's my assumption too. You need to get the heat out there. Heatpipes are commonplace anyway in GPU coolers, so this is no stretch. 

6 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

let's talk about the PCB though o_o if the FE design is shorter, i'd wonder if the power delivery stuff would be reduced compared to the 20-series cards o_o

If they switched to HBM, that would save a load of board area compared to GDDR. There's still power delivery. The 2080 for example is 215W TDP, so I would hope there is some improvement to efficiency, although don't know if they'll use that to lower power, or instead burn the savings to have even more performance. 

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

One quick question 

So at the end of the day this design has 2 fans one as intake and one as exhaust

I don't see a question there as such. And I'm not convinced one of the fans is exhaust. They both look like they blow in to me.

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

One quick question 

Yes. I think a lot of people are overlooking the fact that the blade designs are different on each fan (directional) and assuming they both blow in, rather than one blowing out. They are however directional based on design. It will pull air in from the front bottom and exhaust out of the rear top.

11 minutes ago, Spotty said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If this is real you'd need to wait for benchmarks and also compare to more traditional coolers once AIB partners release their custom designs.

I would be interested to know if such a design would be better when used in a multi GPU setup, as the top card would be able to pull fresh air in from the top.

And of course keep in mind these are just rumours and "leaked" pics, so this might not be the real deal.

Imagine this a rendered picture NVIDIA posted somewhere just to demonstrate how much RTX ON improved....

oh boi... the most extreme case scenario.

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

One quick question 

Yes, and it makes no sense for me, the power connector placement through the heatsink is so sketchy, and will make Steve from Games Nexus mourn even more during disassembly and maintenance. I can't imagine the amount of glue they will use in this thing....  

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

1 minute ago, porina said:

I don't see a question there as such. And I'm not convinced one of the fans is exhaust. They both look like they blow in to me.

This whole design is a mystery 

I guess we should wait for the launch

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, porina said:

It would be ineffective for the one I have showing as blowing out to blow in, the airflow would be fairly minimal due to the blade design.

ppi.jpg

6 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

It would be ineffective for the one I have showing as blowing out to blow in, the airflow would be fairly minimal due to the blade design.

I accept that the rotation direction is different than the other fan, but the curvature of the blades isn't clear. Look again, can you say with certainty it is concave side outwards? That would be the tell it is exhaust. The lighting and shadows makes it really hard to say that.

1 minute ago, porina said:

I accept that the rotation direction is different than the other fan, but the curvature of the blades isn't clear. Look again, can you say with certainty it is concave side outwards? That would be the tell it is exhaust. The lighting and shadows makes it really hard to say that.

and the exposure 

holy that picture doesnt look good 

Build Log: