RTX 3080 image (maybe?)

porina

Do you like the looks of the cooler?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the looks of the cooler?

• Love it
    • Like it
    • It's ok
    • Dislike it
    • Hate it

7 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Seems like it's functional, @porina caught something in the design that i didn't,this one more accurate:

The non functional part isn’t pictured there. You were referring to the area around the other fan.  The section pictured there is what I was referring to as the V fins.  Might be cooled from that fan I guess.  What is the other one for then?  Those Manila tags really confuse the issue to the point they might almost be strategically placed.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

The non functional part isn’t pictured there. You were referring to the area around the other fan.  The section pictured there is what I was referring to as the V fins.  Might be cooled from that fan I guess.  What is the other one for then?

Are you talking about this area?:

cooler_02.png.56acc0be0ef1510bb4cfad227d57234c.png

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

3 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Are you talking about this area?:

cooler_02.png.56acc0be0ef1510bb4cfad227d57234c.png

Yes.  Sort of.  That’s still not the same fan.  The slotting is different.  I’m seeing some unevenness in the lower left quadrant that implies hand work or 3d printing or something though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Rune said:

I applaud them for doing something both useful and cool.

I'm still going to take it off and throw it away to waterblock it, but good for nvidia. 

It does look like some people put a whole lot of thought into it.  We’ll see how much good it did when it comes out.

2 hours ago, porina said:

Look at the prongs on the backplate. There's quite an angle there from perspective.

Look at the top of that same bracket, you can't even see the metal there it's that edge on, remember the camera is being held fairly close above so there's some distortion to things from that

2 hours ago, porina said:

If you look to the left of that area, you can see what appear to be solder bumps of some sort, as well as silk screen markings. The PCB is close to the camera, behind whatever thickness the cover has. That combined with the perspective seems sufficient for the barcode obscuration. 

I'd hesitate to call those solder bumps as there's two short tabs that form a V shape. That dosen;t make sense for a PCB, they're pretty universally squared off and they really don't have prongs normally, it also looks more plasticy to me, they might be but the rest of that area, (the v tabs aside), is just shroud mounting hardware. There do look to be two unpopulated screw holes so i think another cover plate is missing here as well.

2 hours ago, Vishera said:

Seems like it's functional, @porina caught something in the design that i didn't,this one more accurate:

If you look at that fan there there's a plastic shroud around the blades, so the air can't spill out sideways like that. 

2 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

If you look at that fan there there's a plastic shroud around the blades, so the air can't spill out sideways like that. 

I thought that @Bombastinator talked about the V fins,I am not sure if it was about the shroud.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

I was commenting on the drawn airflow on the image. It had airflow going out sideways from the fan with orange and yellow lines, but thanks to the shroud aroud the blades it can't do that, it can only exit out the bottom of the fan.

Hopefully AMDs cards will look better. Or am I wishing I could win the lottery?

My Rigs | CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 | GPU: AMD Radeon Powercolor 7800XT Hellhound | RAM: 32GB of G.Skill Trident Z Neo @3600MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W G+ | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C TG | SSDs: WD BLACK SN850X 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | SSHD: Seagate FireCuda 2TB (Backup) | HDD: Seagate IronWolf 4TB (Backup of Other PCs) | Capture Card: AVerMedia Live Gamer HD 2 | Monitors: AOC G2590PX & Acer XV272U Pbmiiprzx | UPS: APC BR1500GI Back-UPS Pro | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 | Mouse: Razer Naga Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

First System: Dell Dimension E521 with AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, 3GB DDR2 RAM

PSU Tier List          AMD Motherboard Tier List          SSD Tier List

9 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

I was commenting on the drawn airflow on the image. It had airflow going out sideways from the fan with orange and yellow lines, but thanks to the shroud aroud the blades it can't do that, it can only exit out the bottom of the fan.

The orange lines are not related to the fan on the right,they are related to the fan next to the IO bracket.

22 minutes ago, Vishera said:

I thought that @Bombastinator talked about the V fins,I am not sure if it was about the shroud.

I was thinking about the section between the two fans.  @Vishera was talking about the stuff surrounding the fans which is different between the two.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

I was thinking about the section between the two fans.  @Vishera was talking about the stuff surrounding the fans which is different between the two.

Are you talking about the plastic between the sections?,that one is purely for aesthetics.

24 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

The problem is the whole cooler isn’t actually visible:  those two manilla tags cover the entire center section.  There could be all sorts of things behind them.  It’s also hard to tell what is solid and what is grillwork, and what is functional and what is facia.  If the entire thing is totally functional and all parts of the device that look like they are fins actually are it’s too expensive. There would be tons of handwork involved and these kinds of companies just don’t do that stuff.  They like assembly line production.  It also implies the card is hot hot hot which disagrees with earlier claims, so two reasons to doubt

5 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Are you talking about the plastic between the sections?,that one is purely for aesthetics.

It’s hard to know what is plastic and what isn’t with this thing.

Meh, we should stop caring how it looks. I mean it doesn't even matter if you are going to water cool it or chuck it in a case. As long as the cooler is Better in terms of efficiency at cooling. That is good enough. Besides there will be many other variants besides reference 

49 minutes ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

Meh, we should stop caring how it looks. I mean it doesn't even matter if you are going to water cool it or chuck it in a case. As long as the cooler is Better in terms of efficiency at cooling. That is good enough. Besides there will be many other variants besides reference 

Well most people will probably go with the non Founder Edition in any case.

3 hours ago, Vishera said:

The orange lines are not related to the fan on the right,they are related to the fan next to the IO bracket.

I know, and that fan has a plastic shroud around the blades too.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

The problem is the whole cooler isn’t actually visible:  those two manilla tags cover the entire center section.  There could be all sorts of things behind them.  It’s also hard to tell what is solid and what is grillwork, and what is functional and what is facia.  If the entire thing is totally functional and all parts of the device that look like they are fins actually are it’s too expensive. There would be tons of handwork involved and these kinds of companies just don’t do that stuff.  They like assembly line production.  It also implies the card is hot hot hot which disagrees with earlier claims, so two reasons to doubt

Depends on the production technique, NVIDIA could have found a way to make the whole thing functional at a low cost.

But your right we need more data.

1 hour ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

A rendering posted by "Thanos" on VCz:

Where are the fins though? 🙃

1 hour ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

A rendering posted by "Thanos" on VCz:

I did visualize it like this in my head without the render and it looks weird. Not only both fans blow into the card based on curvatures of the fan blades, they also have a closed outer ring around the fan blades. With the depth of the fan, having closed sides of the fan blades it's not a lot of room to push air to the side. Seems legit, but it's still a VERY weird design, mostly from engineering perspective because I can't see what problems is such design actually solving.

8 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I did visualize it like this in my head without the render and it looks weird.

Yeah, I did the same. Found myself playing with it in Photoshop for a bit, until it looked right, and still seemed a bit weird. Once I found the render though, my original visualization conception seemed reinforced. 

5 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

mostly from engineering perspective because I can't see what problems is such design actually solving.

Instead of blowing hot air unto the card and then exhausting it,the fan at the right side will blow cool air unto the heatpipes and fins,and immediately exhaust the hot air without blowing it unto the board,increasing the efficiency of the cooler.