RTX 3080 image (maybe?)

porina

Do you like the looks of the cooler?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the looks of the cooler?

• Love it
    • Like it
    • It's ok
    • Dislike it
    • Hate it

Don't know why people get so butthurt about this... it's not like you see this side of it when it's installed.

The back plate tho ... that's what needs to look good

----------------------------
        Weem

2 minutes ago, WeeemRCB said:

Don't know why people get so butthurt about this... it's not like you see this side of it when it's installed.

The back plate tho ... that's what needs to look good

Who is butt Burt about this ? Lol

We are just saying our opinions on the design no more no less lol 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Hmm. I don't know. I think the design with the fan on both sides is kinda interesting, but there's something about it that just looks off. I think it's the pale blue colour of the shroud. Looks tacky. Doesn't look like an Nvidia card.

I think if it was in black and silver it would look better.

Spoiler

(black and white cause idk how to change colours without ruining a pic)

775563353_card1.thumb.png.37cd336b2ff81740ed6d5cc3b40c53dc.png

314511352_card2.thumb.png.6cdc92acc2d443c8c3ce94dd318bf8f9.png

Edit: I'm a fool. I just looked at the pictures again and realised the blue is actually protective film over it. It's silver.

Let's assume that these leaked photos are accurate, I wonder if any AIB cards would use the same dual fan design or if they will stick to the more traditional 2 or 3 fan designs on the heatsink side.

image.png.6cf3bb4f4b594d1eb6538f51ee23d416.png

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Hmm. I don't know. I think the design with the fan on both sides is kinda interesting, but there's something about it that just looks off. I think it's the pale blue colour of the shroud. Looks tacky. Doesn't look like an Nvidia card.

Looking again at the images, while there is a lot of blue, there are also parts of silver. I think the blue might be some protective tape.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, porina said:

Looking again at the images, while there is a lot of blue, there are also parts of silver. I think the blue might be some protective tape.

Yep, looks like protective plastic film! I noticed it about 3 seconds after posting :D You can tell it's film in the corner of the images you see it's missing and you can see the silver metal(?) underneath the film.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, porina said:

Yea now that I looked at it 

The blue hints do have a silver tone under them so it's probably protective plastic

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

image.png.6cf3bb4f4b594d1eb6538f51ee23d416.png

I appreciate the effort :D

Build Log: 

I wanna know how they made the PCB so small.  And small usually means expensive.  Though I guess partners could go the opposite direction and make a "normal" sized PCB?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 minute ago, nick name said:

normal" sized PCB?

Now normal sized pcbs will be the non reference with non reference power phase design standard 

Idk how I feel about that 😂

Build Log: 

Not sure how I feel about it

Mostly because I'll just be using an AIB one anyway

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

There seems to be thinking that this is the front and back of the same card.  What if it’s two different designs?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

As much as I hate to admit it, this leak looks fairly legit. Not saying this is how an actual card will end up looking like for consumers... But, these are legit pictures of A RTX 3080. 

I hate the cooler design, looks bulky and heavy. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

There seems to be thinking that this is the front and back of the same card.  What if it’s two different designs?

With the presented images that's not something we can definitively clear up, but I think it is plausible for it to be two faces of the same card design.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

If anyone noticed, there are 2 fans on the card and there is one on each side (one on top side near a PCI bracket and another on the backplate side at the end of the card). interestingly, both fans are aligned in way to blow the air against the card from both sides. I'm just not sure where they are blowing at given the fans have closed sides of the blades which suggests focused directional airflow. But the other side is closed. Which is weird.

Judging by the fan blade design on each fan. It looks like it would pull air in from the bottom and push air out the back. So a blower design but with an exhaust fan to make sure cool air keeps flowing throughout the entire card instead of just exhausting excess air. Would make for a rather small pcb design.

11 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

If anyone noticed, there are 2 fans on the card and there is one on each side (one on top side near a PCI bracket and another on the backplate side at the end of the card). interestingly, both fans are aligned in way to blow the air against the card from both sides. I'm just not sure where they are blowing at given the fans have closed sides of the blades which suggests focused directional airflow. But the other side is closed. Which is weird.

look at the fan blade designs. they are directional. Ones a intake and ones a exhaust. 

This looks like the type of card that would randomly appear in one of my dreams...

I hope that's not the final design because its ugly af. imo it would look a lot better if both fans were on the front like normal cards

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

I find it interesting that the fan is close to the PCI bracket part where the ports are. And that it has a single fan. This would indicate that perhaps the GPU is consuming a lot less power than the RTX 2000 series.

That is unless that there is another fan hidden under the enclosure.

7 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I find it interesting that the fan is close to the PCI bracket part where the ports are. And that it has a single fan. This would indicate that perhaps the GPU is consuming a lot less power than the RTX 2000 series.

It appears to have two fans, one on each side

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

12 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

3080cooler.thumb.jpg.9d8d6fff94fe990d85b13da8218ce2a5.jpg

Yes, I'm not an artist. The cooler side fan on the left here, could operate part blower style and exhaust through the rear (yellow arrows). But note the diagonal fins in the mid section. These flow the right way, so it could also exhaust through those for more cooling area (orange arrows).

The fan on the rear of the card I think could push air straight through (green arrows). So good airflow potential there. The area where it intakes from would be in front of the CPU cooler in a typical case so that should be mostly clean air. There is some risk the orange arrow heated air could find its way up to the green arrow intake, but in a typical case where the air intake is from the front of the case pushing backwards, I don't think that is too big a deal. The orange flow would be going against that though.

7 minutes ago, TrainFan2020 said:

It has two fans, one on each side for some reason.

It may any way.  So one fan and low power, or two fan and small pcb.  The card does not look triple thick to me. In any case something odd appears to have been done.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

That is unless that there is another fan hidden under the enclosure.

Not necessarily. As I mentioned above, Both Pictures show 2 different directional fan designs. One pulls air while one exhausts air. Looks like an attempt to move more air across the card. Whether that's for temperature reasons or acoustics is the question. It could theoretically result in a quieter card since it can move more cool air more efficiently rather than just excess, however if its a hotter card, I wouldn't expect acoustics to drop that much and this would just be a way of trying to tame the beast.

5 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

Not necessarily. As I mentioned above, Both Pictures show 2 different directional fan designs. One pulls air while one exhausts air. Looks like an attempt to move more air across the card. Whether that's for temperature reasons or acoustics is the question. It could theoretically result in a quieter card since it can move more cool air more efficiently rather than just excess, however if its a hotter card, I wouldn't expect acoustics to drop that much and this would just be a way of trying to tame the beast.

I’ve seen claims that the 3080 is lower power than the 2080.  I got no idea how true they are.

looks extremely inefficient, dont hate it but its not like.. good

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Kaloob said:

They look like XPS 700s to me:

Dell_XPS_700.thumb.jpeg.7193a81cbc517480f15438733b23d312.jpeg

Now I can't unsee it 

I hate you 😂

Build Log: