LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 minute ago, _t_r_w said:

-snip-

read the gaint blue box at the top of the page

but yes there is a WU shortage due to the amount of people that have signed up

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

1 minute ago, _t_r_w said:

<snip>

Yes, there is so many people trying to get wus that there is a shortage 😂

I've been lucky tonight and gotten 5 or 6

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

I know, but this also kicks the servers already laying down and I have been sleeping most of the time anyway.

6 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

if you find a stable game OC, kill the memory OC and drop the core back by about 20MHz for folding. that rule of thumb hasn't failed me yet and that's been for team red and green

Thanks, good to know

stupid question (new to posting) but when I try to quote a post which contains a quote,  I only quote the nested quote (see above) how do I quote the actual post/reply

5 minutes ago, _t_r_w said:

stupid question (new to posting) but when I try to quote a post which contains a quote,  I only quote the nested quote (see above) how do I quote the actual post/reply

You need to go back to the original post and quote that. There's a little arrow in the top right hand corner of a quote box which will take you to the original post if you need to find it.

17 minutes ago, yaboistar said:
22 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Well my 2nd PC never has issues with the graphics overclock and didn't have for about 6 hours of GPU folding yesterday, but it just dumped a WU for inconsistent results. Switched back to stock clocks.

these WU's that are out now DO have instabilities. i am seeing WU's fail on a system that has not dropped a single WU save for a powercut in literal months. there has been almost no testing period for these WU's and they're using C22 which is still very new and only just publically released

@_t_r_w or do you mean like that where it quotes the reply AND the original quote within the reply?
For that highlight the entire post including the quote boxes and click the "Quote Selection" button that pops up.

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just added all my companies resources available and joined the LTT folding team. got 7x 2080Ti's 3x 1080Ti's and 4x RTX Titan's running around the clock and even dug out an old Intel Skull Canyon (NUC6i7KYK) running Ubuntu and its pulling its weight too but can only run the Skull Canyon on medium to prevent thermal throttling but pulling about 50k points a day. only computer i have that is not doing any folding work is my laptop, coz i gotta work. I am running everything anonymously coz i just don't care about my total points to competing just doing my part, while helping out the UK NHS in my area, helping supermarkets getting essential supplies to elderly/vulnerable while also doing my day job keeping telecommunications pipelines up and running and maintained. We are also working on a low budget solution project to get communication devices to the vulnerable in need and free of charge, could be free phones with free data usage or even free laptops with free mobile data to keep the vulnerable in touch with loved ones.

its rather exhausting but gotta be part of the solution and NOT part of the problem :)

Morning all, just got home from the morning shop, no TP... anywhere what the hell!!!

But on a more serious note we have just passed 1700 sign ups! WOO!!! GO TEAM!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

CSF brought all of it, blame @CPotter

@CPotter COME FOLD TO MAKE UP FOR YOUR MISDEEDS!!!! 😠

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Helloes, signed up just to join the apocalyptic computing funtimes!

Signed up for the form too, but I'm not too worried about hitting the participation goal. But happy to help the team since I have a pretty kick-ass gaming computer for once.

3 minutes ago, piizog said:

Helloes, signed up just to join the apocalyptic computing funtimes!

Signed up for the form too, but I'm not too worried about hitting the participation goal. But happy to help the team since I have a pretty kick-ass gaming computer for once.

WOOO Welcome to the team!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

10 more steam keys added to the prizes, thanks to @HrutkayMods you're a star!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Had the Nvidia driver crash and recover during user switching. That caused GPU ran WU to crash as well, but in a weird way: it's stuck on "send" status even thou I know for sure it didn't finish the WU (was at about 15% done), and the ETA it had for finishing the WU is now ETA for sending results?

Kinda confused, anyone else had this? I would upload a screenshot but it keeps failing to upload the image.

1 minute ago, Zelmon said:

Had the Nvidia driver crash and recover during user switching. That caused GPU ran WU to crash as well, but in a weird way: it's stuck on "send" status even thou I know for sure it didn't finish the WU (was at about 15% done), and the ETA it had for finishing the WU is now ETA for sending results?

Kinda confused, anyone else had this? I would upload a screenshot but it keeps failing to upload the image.

There's a setting under the 'Advanced' tab, 'Checkpointing frequency'. Some WU support those checkpoints, so maybe you are sending the calculated part of that WU

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

Pretty much signed up just for this!

My laptop is dedicated to F@H for now, and my desktop is on whenever I'm idle.

One question - has anyone been able to get their GPU to work with F@H in Linux with Optimus?

I have installed the real nvidia drivers and CUDA manually, but it doesn't seem to detect the GPU there (for now using windows...but I'd like to go back to Mint).

5 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

70da98ce-a330-4019-a60e-9019182abbc5.png

Not possible, someone beat them to it, Mr Beast perhaps?

And I thought we were crazy lol

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

10 More steam kays added, thanks to Super.com for the donation!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Hi, I have another question if you don't mind?

In the first post it says:

QRB credit is awarded after 10 WUs have been submitted

I have noticed now I have added my passkey, my WUs are not being awarded anywhere near the estimated points each of them say. Is this because I need to submit 10 WUs and it will be recalculated after that?

I left my PC running last night and WUs definately seem to be coming through easier now which is great - I'm even hoping to put a 2nd GPU into my machine so I can have two running at once!

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Nightguest said:

Pretty much signed up just for this!

My laptop is dedicated to F@H for now, and my desktop is on whenever I'm idle.

One question - has anyone been able to get their GPU to work with F@H in Linux with Optimus?

I have installed the real nvidia drivers and CUDA manually, but it doesn't seem to detect the GPU there (for now using windows...but I'd like to go back to Mint).

have you installed FAHControl, if not do so, then run it

Once you have it running, click Configure > go to slots tab > click Add > select GPU > set the GPU Index > click OK  > click Save > wait for the GPU to pick up a task

Image for reference rb3AIuu.png

Added my old laptop to the mix, let's see if it gets some