LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

9 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm running on 5/7 cylinders Slots currently.

I'm 4/5 as well, one of my dual card rigs seems to only get one card or the other going at a time.

Great post on the event thread BTW.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Just now, LAR_Systems said:

I'm 4/5 as well, one of my dual card rigs seems to only get one card or the other going at a time.

Great post on the event thread BTW.

Which post is that? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I'm going to be AFK for the next hour or so, have some work things I need to get sorted.

Keep supporting each other and remember, we fold united!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Which post is that? 

The Prelude blog, 

Very well said. 

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Been a lurker for a while, registered specfically to support this. I didn't even sign up for the competition (doesn't matter to me) but I have my 2 rigs folding away when they actually manage to pick up some work.

It's amazing how many people are jumping in on this!

just got a work unit. project 11757 ... not on the website yet, probably means its a rush order -=) 

1 hour ago, RestlessRancor said:

I'm not 100% about the CPU, but I know mine (i7-6700K @ 4GHz) was considerably lower than my GPU (I actually had to stop it as it was getting too warm).

You clearly never ran amd if you think your CPU got too warm.

58 minutes ago, Klenex said:

Also curious to see what my 5700XT would do, but I haven't got an assignment for it yet.

Mine with the 3800x gets (or would if had wus 24/7) about 1.2 million points.

Never mind...I just got one.

14:00:49:ERROR:Receive error: 10053: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Now I'm getting this error.

Just now, garydeppenbaugh said:

Never mind...I just got one.

Hang in there on all fronts, F@H is trying to scale up, but I'm sure they were not expecting this support, just leave it running.

1 minute ago, garydeppenbaugh said:

14:00:49:ERROR:Receive error: 10053: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Now I'm getting this error.

Are you trying to run the Viewer? That's normally the error received when the viewer fails. (The viewer doesn't work btw)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Are you trying to run the Viewer? That's normally the error received when the viewer fails. (The viewer doesn't work btw)

I've got the Visualization and the Client advanced control Running.

12 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

The Prelude blog, 

Very well said. 

Ahh thanks! I do like to write from time to time.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, garydeppenbaugh said:

I've got the Visualization and the Client advanced control Running.

The error message you posted is caused when the viewer (visauliser) fails. The Viewer doesn't work, if you check the description you'll see it's only running a demo. Close the Viewer and it'll stop giving that error message.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The error message you posted is caused when the viewer (visauliser) fails. The Viewer doesn't work, if you check the description you'll see it's only running a demo. Close the Viewer and it'll stop giving that error message.

The thing you'd find on the web browser.  I did have that running.

I needed to restart my PC, and when I opened the FAHControl again I noticed this in the logs

14:18:46:ERROR:No compute devices matched GPU #0 AMD:6 Navi 10 [Radeon RX 5600 OEM/5600 XT / 5700/5700 XT].  You may need to update your graphics drivers.

Do I need to use AMD's proprietary drivers in Linux for the GPu to work?

3 hours ago, CAProjects said:

Just added all my companies resources available and joined the LTT folding team. got 7x 2080Ti's 3x 1080Ti's and 4x RTX Titan's running around the clock and even dug out an old Intel Skull Canyon (NUC6i7KYK) running Ubuntu and its pulling its weight too but can only run the Skull Canyon on medium to prevent thermal throttling but pulling about 50k points a day. only computer i have that is not doing any folding work is my laptop, coz i gotta work. I am running everything anonymously coz i just don't care about my total points to competing just doing my part, while helping out the UK NHS in my area, helping supermarkets getting essential supplies to elderly/vulnerable while also doing my day job keeping telecommunications pipelines up and running and maintained. We are also working on a low budget solution project to get communication devices to the vulnerable in need and free of charge, could be free phones with free data usage or even free laptops with free mobile data to keep the vulnerable in touch with loved ones.

its rather exhausting but gotta be part of the solution and NOT part of the problem :)

Holy hell, that is a hell of a lot of PPD right there!

Hope you stay with us even after this event!

Also, good FU**ING job on helping wherever you can and however you can. You my friend can have all my merits!

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

Well I know I completed at least one gpu work unit last night! 💪

I woke up about every 30 mins for the first three hours and then about every five for the last 20 or so minutes.

i found I can hold a stable overclock at 1425 (i can do 1500 in furmark, but don’t wanna risk loosing another you wu) on my gpu

and I’ve been doing a 4200mhz iverclock on cpu for the purpose of not heating my chip up and crashing 

and how does this steam key thing work? Is there even any left? 😂

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

One thing is for sure, its not cold in my room anymore ! The  heat wave from my PC is crazy when folding both on GPU and CPU (2080Ti + 8700K, top radiator exhaust)

Ha! Got my passkey delivered to my GoogleMail-Account just now. Google seems to not reject those mails as spam anymore.

Onward.... 🚀

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11

1 minute ago, SB101 said:

First time folder here, signed up and ready to be of assistance! 

Welcome to the team!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Thank you for the thread full of useful information as I ran into some issues yesterday that were properly addressed here. I am a first-time folder (since I discovered it on my PS3 way back when), and as of today I'm successfully folding for LTT 223518 :)

Cheers all,

Jordan

Case: Silverstone ML08B-H  l  Motherboard: ASUS ROG-strix B450i  l  CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600  l  RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3200  l  GPU: AMD RX5700 Reference Card by XFX  l  PSU: Corsair SF450 80+ Platinum  l  SSD: Crucial MX500 M.2  l  HDD: Seagate Firecuda 2TB 

2 minutes ago, jordanb450 said:

Thank you for the thread full of useful information as I ran into some issues yesterday that were properly addressed here. I am a first-time folder (since I discovered it on my PS3 way back when), and as of today I'm successfully folding for LTT 223518 :)

Cheers all,

Jordan

Welcome to the team. We'll just fold you right into our ranks.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, Favebook said:

Holy hell, that is a hell of a lot of PPD right there!

Hope you stay with us even after this event!

Also, good FU**ING job on helping wherever you can and however you can. You my friend can have all my merits!

as long as this shit is effecting the economy and peoples lives, social lives, businesses etc my resources are available, afterwards when we get back to normality, my research work will need to start back up and will have to scale down the folding. i have 2 family members in self isolation, and my g/f is in ICU but getting better slowly so at this moment so my time is invested in helping where ever i can