LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Shopping was hell!

Also we now over 250m per hour!

image.thumb.png.e69f7fa37c3c63705382b614b62e5e81.png

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, jctappel67 said:

Web control is also being weird. Probably too much demand on the servers, or they just need to force an update. The link I posted will show you your point total in 3 hour increments, and it updates more often than the main stats page.

I know. Been watching it like a hawk. Trust me.

1 minute ago, LFreeman said:

@GOTSpectrum Have you heard anything about the web control page acting up?

Have you tried using it in incognito mode?

This is a common issue with Chrome based browsers

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Have you tried using it in incognito mode?

This is a common issue with Chrome based browsers

Using Firefox as I was having those reload issues with the new edge, chrome and IE not event working.

Just now, LFreeman said:

Using Firefox as I was having those reload issues with the new edge, chrome and IE not event working.

Interesting, can't you just use the advanced control panel?

Type FAHControl into the start menu or right-click on the folding icon in the task tray and select advanced control.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

8 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

EOC only updates once every 3 hours. I believe it's every 3, 6, 9 and 12 hour on central standard Time. 

I know about that, I've just had a WU finish and send before the current update by more than an hour, but it's not showing up..

When in doubt, blame the server, I guess.

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Interesting, can't you just use the advanced control panel?

Type FAHControl into the start menu or right-click on the folding icon in the task tray and select advanced control.

Yeah just was trying to see where my points are.

29 minutes ago, LFreeman said:

What sucks is when you see this and the points never actually add..

Reveal hidden contents

14:01:23:WU00:FS00:Upload complete
14:01:23:WU00:FS00:Server responded WORK_ACK (400)
14:01:23:WU00:FS00:Final credit estimate, 110981.00 points

Me: "Man, I wish my desktop videocard would not get a WU for a minute.. I kinda want to play a game!"

My laptop videocard: "Okay, I heard you. I am done with my WU and I didn't get another assignment!"

Me: "Wait, I did not ask for that!!"

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

I know about that, I've just had a WU finish and send before the current update by more than an hour, but it's not showing up..

When in doubt, blame the server, I guess.

The guys over at folding have acknowledged an issue with points being awarded, they said no one will lose out on points and a correction will happen when they have the time to do so. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

The guys over at folding have acknowledged an issue with points being awarded, they said no one will lose out on points and a correction will happen when they have the time to do so. 

That's reassuring, seeing 0s in the last 6 updates got me worried, lol.

16 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Shopping was hell!

Also we now over 250m per hour!

image.thumb.png.e69f7fa37c3c63705382b614b62e5e81.png

Uhhhhh....

image.png.ef16ec3f0345bbcff2ea30d254295aca.png

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=928671

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Is everyone gobbling up WUs ahead of me? I've been sitting almost idle all day. 

Getting a nice steady stream trickle of CPU WUs on my 2014 Mac Mini with an i5-4260U though 😑

I have an idle i7-5930K c/w RTX2060Super just sitting 1 ft away from it! 🤪

I have been getting a lot of CPU WUs on my GPU today and they cant even run at max capacity. My PPD for this GPU was 900-1m but now it dropped to 600-800 depending on the WU and its running at 80%(Pics in spoilers)

Spoiler

image.png.dc61b803ba49227e8e12f13b4286fd6d.png

image.thumb.png.d7e47d626100c8a30592187b3d35a667.png

Desktop:RM650X, x570 Gaming Plus, Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler Master ML240L CPU cooler, Sapphire Pulse RX5700, 2x8 G.Skill Ripjaws V, NvME Intel 660p 1TB and Seagate 2 TB 7200RPM, Cooler Master MB530P case, ASUS VG278 27'' 1080p Monitor 165Hz 

Folding Stats

2 minutes ago, LFreeman said:

I have that paranoia every 10 sec.

Well the remote interface disconnected and the local displayed image was frozen so yeah.  Hard power cycle and we're good again.  Weird it did that. 2 weeks and an under-power shouldn't cause that.

2 minutes ago, Daniel_SC said:

I just smashed my previous 3-hourly record, AND made it in to top 2500 on Team LTT :D Today is a good day for folding!

image.png.2c7a390538d3c0ec0d6b39d6c6b26825.png

I gotta fire up another pc.

Spoiler

image.png.b046e1f27bb78be491a0b89ce97cedd2.png

11 minutes ago, RestlessRancor said:

Is this AWSFolds Amazon Web Services getting (some? 😂) GPU's folding, or have I just connected imaginary dots?

would kinda make sense, i can't imagine someone having enough GPU's at home for 2B PPD.

my PPD has been fluctuating like crazy. sometimes i get multiple WU's in a row, sometimes both my systems are idle for 8 hours straight. :(

Just now, Inkertus said:

Well the remote interface disconnected and the local displayed image was frozen so yeah.  Hard power cycle and we're good again.  Weird it did that. 2 weeks and an under-power shouldn't cause that.

PCs, What ya gonna do? 🤪