LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

3 minutes ago, ItchyItch said:

Love the Porsche 911 GT3 RS Lego model. Have the same one sitting on my shelf at home too. Massive thing :)

Agreed. Looks really good. Now that I think of it...I still have the Chiron sitting in a box. 

1 minute ago, Wouterrinos said:

Agreed. Looks really good. Now that I think of it...I still have the Chiron sitting in a box. 

It does take a commitment of a good weekend to put a Lego model of that many pieces together... I don't buy that many kits so don't have a optimised technique in place... Was thinking of getting the Chiron however I have been informed (by significant other) that other life expenses are more important :P

1 minute ago, ItchyItch said:

It does take a commitment of a good weekend to put a Lego model of that many pieces together... I don't buy that many kits so don't have a optimised technique in place... Was thinking of getting the Chiron however I have been informed (by significant other) that other life expenses are more important :P

I don't even take a weekend. I have a week of vacation that has been at the same moment for the last few years and will stay the same for the next few and I build one big model once a year in that week with my dad. No real technique either. I've build 3 so far and the Chiron is for next year, first week of February 😁

Maybe after the economy picks up again you'll get a chance to get one.

This event has been horrible for me. My upgrade itch has never been stronger. This has been in my cart for a week, and I've been specing out a whole new workstation as well.

This is all @GOTSpectrum fault!

Gotta hold off my 7nm+ GPUs, and Zen 3!

Screenshot_962.png.8b5a8e2d3fea34a89e6ddae4559563c4.png

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

This event has been horrible for me. My upgrade itch has never been stronger. This has been in my cart for a week, and I've been specing out a whole new workstation as well.

The call of the folding gods cry out to you! 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

36 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

If all goes according to plan I should be churning out 1.1-1.5M ppd with my 2070.

With regards to PPD, I have a couple of unused GPU's laying around and would like to know if there is some site/list ranking GPUs in terms of their performance? I am new at this and only have limited PCIE slots and would like to ensure that I am using the best cards. I have found a program called FAHBench and was wondering if it was still relevant today? I would prefer to optimise my performance so am looking for some way to rank my current GPUs. Not too sure if it has been mentioned in this thread already however I know there are some knowledgeable people here that might point me in the right direction. 

With regards to PPD, I have a couple of unused GPU's laying around and would like to know if there is some site/list ranking GPUs in terms of their performance? I am new at this and have found a program called FAHBench and was wondering if it was still relevant today? I would prefer to optimise my performance so am looking for some way to rank my current GPUs. Not too sure if it has been mentioned in this thread already however I know there are some knowledgeable people here that might point me in the right direction. 

https://www.overclock.net/forum/55-overclock-net-folding-home-team/475163-gpu-projects-ppd-database.html

7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Thank you so much for that. Time to rip out a couple of cards and replace them with ones sitting unused... :D I have a Radeon R9 290X sitting in a drawer doing nothing and was wondering if it could beat the GTX1050 I am currently using in one of my rigs

16 minutes ago, ItchyItch said:

With regards to PPD, I have a couple of unused GPU's laying around and would like to know if there is some site/list ranking GPUs in terms of their performance? I am new at this and only have limited PCIE slots and would like to ensure that I am using the best cards. I have found a program called FAHBench and was wondering if it was still relevant today? I would prefer to optimise my performance so am looking for some way to rank my current GPUs. Not too sure if it has been mentioned in this thread already however I know there are some knowledgeable people here that might point me in the right direction. 

All little bits help! 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

18 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

The call of the folding gods cry out to you! 

Promises of better gaming, work, and of course increased PPD!
I must resist their temptations!

27 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

If you're gonna do it, do is sooner rather than later! OcUK are experiencing longer than usual dispatch times recently because they're struggling to keep up with demand at the moment and who knows if they will end up being forced to close in the coming weeks...

3 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

All little bits help! 

Yeah I know :) I have a few older graphics cards that I was wondering could out perform my current setup with newer lower spec cards. Unfortunately for my two slowest rigs I am running I only have mini atx motherboards with one PCIE slot so need to put the best card in there irrespective of power usage. 

1 minute ago, Theophany said:

If you're gonna do it, do is sooner rather than later! OcUK are experiencing longer than usual dispatch times recently because they're struggling to keep up with demand at the moment and who knows if they will end up being forced to close in the coming weeks...

Sadly I was already too late..much to the relief of my wallet. The motherboard I want is out of stock.

Please gimme that Zen 3 goodness AMD!

31 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

I take it you aren't married with kids... :P 

7 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Sadly I was already too late..much to the relief of my wallet. The motherboard I want is out of stock.

Please gimme that Zen 3 goodness AMD!

Well, not trying to goad you buuuuut... I think that Zen 3 is postponed a bit due the whole human malware situation.

Also the Aorus Master is really nice :)

I take it you aren't married with kids... :P 

Thankfully no, although I am a carer for two elderly parents close to their 70's at the moment. If having two unruly cabin fever ridden old people is like kids....I don't want'em.

Plus I got two cats in here as well now; and they're shedding. I shaved off 4 degrees off my main rig's cooling from cleaing out clumps of fur from the fan filters. It's such a pain!

canvas.png.573ed154363d316042cc88e6ba5b813a.png

Hey guys, 

Has anyone had any luck running this stuff in AWS?  I have looked into using spot instances, but I am concerned about the possibility of then having those instances removed and losing the WU. 

Of course.  I want to help out more, by donating a little more to the resources but I'm not sure I can really afford the on demand prices for some of the GPU boxes, as they are 4 times the price of the spot instance. 

1 hour ago, ItchyItch said:

Love the Porsche 911 GT3 RS Lego model. Have the same one sitting on my shelf at home too. Massive thing :)

That one was fun. I also have the Mercedes Benz Acros and I've been working on the Land Rover Defender model :)

I kinda want the Chiron or that MASSIVE tracked remote control loader.. No idea where ill put it but boy i will have fun building it

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

59 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

I'd do it. Aorus Master is a fantastic board!

I have two Cardigan Welsh Corgis.. They shed a ton, thankfully they cant do stairs so my room stays (mostly) corgi glitter free

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

So I'm back to say after only 6 WUs done I'm tripping over "transfer failed" errors with completed CPU WUs and the following for GPU WUs

10:17:17:WU01:FS01:0x22:ERROR:exception: Error invoking kernel sortShortList: clEnqueueNDRangeKernel (-5)
10:17:18:WARNING:WU01:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)

Any help would be appreciated.

14 minutes ago, KenjiS9965 said:

That one was fun. I also have the Mercedes Benz Acros and I've been working on the Land Rover Defender model :)

I kinda want the Chiron or that MASSIVE tracked remote control loader.. No idea where ill put it but boy i will have fun building it

I didn't think the Chiron model looked as good as the Porsche. I think it is harder to model the Chiron's shape in Lego at the size they are aiming for. Would love that loader however not too sure what I would do with it... That said the same can be said for the heavy lift helicopter I bought :D

7 minutes ago, J1mjam said:

Hey guys, 

Has anyone had any luck running this stuff in AWS?  I have looked into using spot instances, but I am concerned about the possibility of then having those instances removed and losing the WU. 

Of course.  I want to help out more, by donating a little more to the resources but I'm not sure I can really afford the on demand prices for some of the GPU boxes, as they are 4 times the price of the spot instance. 

Not in AWS, but I'm running two Azure VM's. One is compute optimized CPU, the other is "compute optimized" GPU with two old school Tesla K80. I'll soon be exchanging the CPU instance with another GPU instance.

It is expensive, but I have MSDN credits 😁
Azure spot prices sounds a lot like AWS spot instances. Cheap instances that'll be reallocated if the resource is needed elsewhere. I'm paying the full price though! No pay- as-you-go person should be able to steal my instances for the next 10 days.

I didn't think the Chiron model looked as good as the Porsche. I think it is harder to model the Chiron's shape in Lego at the size they are aiming for

Lego Chiron is the only Chiron I could buy. I could spend my entire working life, spend exactly zero and wouldn't be able to buy it.

whow the delivery of WU is up by app. 20% and the Linus server is assigning around 10k jobs...don´t know if these are just beta jobs but still.

image.thumb.png.7fecb21226c91e553d073903518014ee.png

linus1 is operating as collection server at the moment visibly.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2