My old PC was making me nauseous... Time to upgrade

nicklmg

I keep hearing Linus talking about streaming but I have never once seen his streams. Is there something I’m missing ?

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

All of Linus' PC will soon rock AMD..

Soon, Dr. Su.. Soon..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i love how the camera operator does not tell linus that it was not recording  

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I was really curious about thermals, as I have a 3600 with a 212 Evo that keeps on the 70s on full use and I've been told that's normal. A 3800x must have to be running in very low clocks to be able to cool with such a small cooler in a tight case like that.

2 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Buy Ryzen 3800X on Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/ydUR

Buy Nvidia RTX 2080Ti on Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/FtbTD

Should have flipped the fan on the CPU cooler. You got clashing airflow. CPU is pushing down air, PSU is pulling up air. Ideally u'd want CPU pull air up as well.

Otherwise, nice little compact system.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Interesting board. The NIC expansion and any modding vids are always fun.

Hmm, I thought this had been shot late summer, but the date in the BIOS actually says Dec 5th! Just three weeks ago.

MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master | CPU: AMD Ryzen R9 3900X | CPU cooler: Corsair iCue H150i RGB PRO XT | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 CL18 LPX | GPU: Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity OC + Palit RTX 2080 Ti GamingPro OC | SSD: 2 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB NVMe + Kingston A400 480 GB + Samsung QVO860 1 TB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000 W Gold | Case: be quiet! Silent Base 801 | Displays: BenQ PD3200U @ 3840x2160 + ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ @ 2560x1440 | Keyboard: Corsair K68 RGB Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2S

What RAM are you using? I didn't catch it in the video

So, was this video shot before Linus went with the virtualized server in the attic, or did Linus ditch that already?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Ballin' motherboard.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On 12/28/2019 at 5:03 PM, imreloadin said:

Wait a minute...

16 hours ago, WereCatf said:

So, was this video shot before Linus went with the virtualized server in the attic, or did Linus ditch that already?

I think that he did not like the results of the server in the attic so that's probably why kept the old system 

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

52 minutes ago, sub68 said:

I think that he did not like the results of the server in the attic so that's probably why kept the old system 

The reason why he didn't put it in the attic is that VR systems need as low latency as possible to work. if you made the cable longer, that would increase the latency a lot. if you went with a faster cable like his thunderbolt connections, that's a really expensive cable which I don't think can even reach the attic and if i did, the time it takes to translate the data from usb to thunderbolt is too much. this is the most cost effective and best solution for the best experience possible

5 minutes ago, gnaby2 said:

The reason why he didn't put it in the attic is that VR systems need as low latency as possible to work. if you made the cable longer, that would increase the latency a lot. if you went with a faster cable like his thunderbolt connections, that's a really expensive cable which I don't think can even reach the attic and if i did, the time it takes to translate the data from usb to thunderbolt is too much. this is the most cost effective and best solution for the best experience possible

yeah or that 

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

49 minutes ago, mamamia88 said:

I'm just shocked he was using a cpu us mere mortals might be using

I mean if you consider the space constraints of that case and what he's using the machine for, the 3800X is more than enough here.  

I recently did a 3900x build in a sg13 case. Modded the case to mount the PSU up front on the hard drive tray so I could put a u12a in it (bent a few fins putting it in). 

On 12/28/2019 at 3:06 PM, rogervn said:

I was really curious about thermals, as I have a 3600 with a 212 Evo that keeps on the 70s on full use and I've been told that's normal. A 3800x must have to be running in very low clocks to be able to cool with such a small cooler in a tight case like that.

Not the same layout as Linus. I have it pulling in air through the back then venting out the front. Tight fit but runs pretty cool for me. Stress test with prime95 saw low 70s. With a few spikes up toward 80 (working on figuring out my fan curves still). I also cut out the back a bit to fit another case fan and also modded the bottom to add a bottom intake. Decided I didn't need to add the back intake. Bottom intake is in place but not plugged in  yet cause I ran out of fan headers. Figure it will give me some airflow over my m.2 NVME drive that is on the back of the mobo.

itx3900x.thumb.JPG.9d5fca7ed4578386a7fe668bc0da41ea.JPG

itx3900x2.JPG

aside from a cofusion what happen to his Virtual machine server video, 

A classic Linus video, Linus being Host himself , doing stupid thing that he would not recommend to other, Making mistake again and again,  Drop something as usual and Editor's Joke.

I like that!

12 hours ago, Founders said:

I mean if you consider the space constraints of that case and what he's using the machine for, the 3800X is more than enough here.  

I meant the Haswel i5

2 hours ago, mamamia88 said:

I meant the Haswel i5

Oh... The 3800X is very attainable to most people though at its price point.

Hi,

I've tried to find this out every where. Does anyone know what the wireless keyboard Linus uses on his TV. It also seems to use motion sensor to control the mouse. It it part of the TV or can be brought separate. Or does anyone have any recommendations for these type of devices.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...
On 1/2/2020 at 6:21 AM, Tetzuha said:

Hi,

I've tried to find this out every where. Does anyone know what the wireless keyboard Linus uses on his TV. It also seems to use motion sensor to control the mouse. It it part of the TV or can be brought separate. Or does anyone have any recommendations for these type of devices.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.nerdytec.com/en/Couchmaster-Lapboard.html

I just happened to click on the link in the video today and came across the link for the keyboard this afternoon. Decided to make an account and pass the info along.