Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The JankPuter 1.0

Ordered a motherboard without checking if it was compatible with my case, thus I had to make my own.

 

A couple facts:

  • The PSU is attached with packing tape.
  • The motherboard isn't screwed in, the only thing keeping it in place is the port shield on my GPU.
  • The SSD is mounted atop the Hard Drive.

Specs:

  • R7 3700x
  • Corsair 32GB Vengance RGB RAM 3200MHz
  • Asus ROG B450-F GAMING Motherboard
  • Some generic SSD (Samsung I think)
  • Segate 1TB HDD

I'll be trading in some of my old stuff for a new case and GPU, and hopefully I can snag an SSD with some of the leftover money.

r/pcmasterrace - Forgot to check compatibility with my existing case and new motherboard. Therefore, I present to you, the JankPuter 1.0

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

AccessoriesAcer R240HY, AOC 2267W, Samsung SyncMaster B2239Razer Cyanosa Chrome, Logitech G502, Behringer UMC202HD, Newwer NW-700, Mackie CR4BT, Audio-Technica ATH-M20x

Other Tech: iPhone XS 64GB, Nintendo 3DS XL (Snapped), Apple Watch Series 2, Airpods, Nintendo Switch, Retro Consoles, Vizio 32" Smart TV

 

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

Link to post
Share on other sites

impressive! good creativity 

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If there's a version 1.0, will there ever be a version 2.0?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to update the signature

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G / Sapphire R9 290X / 16gb (2x8) Kingston ValueRam @ 2666Mhz / Gigabyte A320M-S2H / Kingston A400 120GB M.2 SSD (Windows 10) / WD Blue 2.5" 1TB HDD (Windows 10 Games) / Seagate 250GB 7200RPM HDD (Kubuntu 21.04) / Cooler Master MWE450 / Deep Cool Ice Edge Mini FS V2 /iCute Thing / LG 22MK400H-B 1920x1080 @ 75Hz / Dell P2210 1680 x 1050 @ 60Hz / Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury / Cooler Master MK730 / Razer Kraken X

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, startrek03 said:

If there's a version 1.0, will there ever be a version 2.0?

You bet there will be one when a new GPU inevitability doesn’t fit in my case ;)

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

AccessoriesAcer R240HY, AOC 2267W, Samsung SyncMaster B2239Razer Cyanosa Chrome, Logitech G502, Behringer UMC202HD, Newwer NW-700, Mackie CR4BT, Audio-Technica ATH-M20x

Other Tech: iPhone XS 64GB, Nintendo 3DS XL (Snapped), Apple Watch Series 2, Airpods, Nintendo Switch, Retro Consoles, Vizio 32" Smart TV

 

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: the GPU was getting a little hot, so I brought in a Rosewill fan to give it some more flow

image.jpg

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

AccessoriesAcer R240HY, AOC 2267W, Samsung SyncMaster B2239Razer Cyanosa Chrome, Logitech G502, Behringer UMC202HD, Newwer NW-700, Mackie CR4BT, Audio-Technica ATH-M20x

Other Tech: iPhone XS 64GB, Nintendo 3DS XL (Snapped), Apple Watch Series 2, Airpods, Nintendo Switch, Retro Consoles, Vizio 32" Smart TV

 

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Update: Grabbed myself an H510 a long time ago and forgot to update this post. The JankPuter has become the ProPuter.8Eulemt6Dt_1O-vfoV1d9kWW7Wa2GCikxgM7rzhzGexQZbf9N5QCRyuYtSviwd07NO70NiGkjxjgbFUURn9IFV0A5xDWmczrzt0T-prgB0v27q6UKQIs5c_eZnt7JLp2uY7GX1Bk4Z_3bYXPY-OMJ7__ssirX19lMCmJTV6Z9oKMK1bClXXbMzXTd74hejJbV5lz29sQWBJO4qxR-BULcv3OhgA-MIK42E8hSjG3zsicBPs4PdEpwZoxu3qMTuhUZ6s7k-LVgzpM0SPzRg9AqcesRRIF4suiIwHn390pE3orBGKKDcWPXPrw4WT_9bcSEDTdnXbXZ8I1Sf86eGHPot__BSOADLwZZ1pdJierZ-XpHF6_pJP4_pJkN4nJuSaZmj_fHFrBmLxB3SUPeysy4oTXDtmnIcOP2Vsbzfsp2lGL6zsSR8AK1Z_APUZMVZIYdqUgREWM94hVhKRlFRyIixgSm2A50ONJ1ZlsU5gJK-yRdzu_ZUOSVduFBmrfj0EI8Mv-evXr6eAJsxikODdfcoUuWY0DVvMq_2YNMPEERavweuMMHoUd6qG12Lc4kvXObhwOiEWgk-ft0GOz5GFfjcAye4jNeApG6F8S5AsDY8t-XZtgpvpuxDu5_urZvlq8JZQCJ_OKnJw8-0K0HxDwEB92UUh7jA7itTBrQni3lPGDD9aiz2PamnyKKq-NxkI=w1306-h979-no?authuser=0

(This is an image from my old house, I've moved since)

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

AccessoriesAcer R240HY, AOC 2267W, Samsung SyncMaster B2239Razer Cyanosa Chrome, Logitech G502, Behringer UMC202HD, Newwer NW-700, Mackie CR4BT, Audio-Technica ATH-M20x

Other Tech: iPhone XS 64GB, Nintendo 3DS XL (Snapped), Apple Watch Series 2, Airpods, Nintendo Switch, Retro Consoles, Vizio 32" Smart TV

 

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ImAlsoRan said:

Update: Grabbed myself an H510 a long time ago and forgot to update this post. The JankPuter has become the ProPuter.8Eulemt6Dt_1O-vfoV1d9kWW7Wa2GCikxgM7rzhzGexQZbf9N5QCRyuYtSviwd07NO70NiGkjxjgbFUURn9IFV0A5xDWmczrzt0T-prgB0v27q6UKQIs5c_eZnt7JLp2uY7GX1Bk4Z_3bYXPY-OMJ7__ssirX19lMCmJTV6Z9oKMK1bClXXbMzXTd74hejJbV5lz29sQWBJO4qxR-BULcv3OhgA-MIK42E8hSjG3zsicBPs4PdEpwZoxu3qMTuhUZ6s7k-LVgzpM0SPzRg9AqcesRRIF4suiIwHn390pE3orBGKKDcWPXPrw4WT_9bcSEDTdnXbXZ8I1Sf86eGHPot__BSOADLwZZ1pdJierZ-XpHF6_pJP4_pJkN4nJuSaZmj_fHFrBmLxB3SUPeysy4oTXDtmnIcOP2Vsbzfsp2lGL6zsSR8AK1Z_APUZMVZIYdqUgREWM94hVhKRlFRyIixgSm2A50ONJ1ZlsU5gJK-yRdzu_ZUOSVduFBmrfj0EI8Mv-evXr6eAJsxikODdfcoUuWY0DVvMq_2YNMPEERavweuMMHoUd6qG12Lc4kvXObhwOiEWgk-ft0GOz5GFfjcAye4jNeApG6F8S5AsDY8t-XZtgpvpuxDu5_urZvlq8JZQCJ_OKnJw8-0K0HxDwEB92UUh7jA7itTBrQni3lPGDD9aiz2PamnyKKq-NxkI=w1306-h979-no?authuser=0

(This is an image from my old house, I've moved since)

😮 No more jank?! Where is version 2.0? We're waiting...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 1:30 AM, ImAlsoRan said:

Update: the GPU was getting a little hot, so I brought in a Rosewill fan to give it some more flow

image.jpg

Wait, the GPU got hot in a completely open case? That's concerning.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EVGA RTX2080 XC ]
[ EK-Quantum Reflection | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ HeatKiler and TechN Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

 

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 2:12 PM, startrek03 said:

😮 No more jank?! Where is version 2.0? We're waiting...

I'm sure there'll end up being something Janky enough to warrant that in the future. Currently, my H510's front fans aren't working and I don't plan to fix it because the cable management in the back is a nightmare and I don't want all hell to break loose when I open the back panel.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

AccessoriesAcer R240HY, AOC 2267W, Samsung SyncMaster B2239Razer Cyanosa Chrome, Logitech G502, Behringer UMC202HD, Newwer NW-700, Mackie CR4BT, Audio-Technica ATH-M20x

Other Tech: iPhone XS 64GB, Nintendo 3DS XL (Snapped), Apple Watch Series 2, Airpods, Nintendo Switch, Retro Consoles, Vizio 32" Smart TV

 

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2020 at 2:18 PM, HM-2 said:

Wait, the GPU got hot in a completely open case? That's concerning.

It was a single fan 1060 from EVGA with the heat from the CPU being blown directly on it.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

AccessoriesAcer R240HY, AOC 2267W, Samsung SyncMaster B2239Razer Cyanosa Chrome, Logitech G502, Behringer UMC202HD, Newwer NW-700, Mackie CR4BT, Audio-Technica ATH-M20x

Other Tech: iPhone XS 64GB, Nintendo 3DS XL (Snapped), Apple Watch Series 2, Airpods, Nintendo Switch, Retro Consoles, Vizio 32" Smart TV

 

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ImAlsoRan said:

I'm sure there'll end up being something Janky enough to warrant that in the future. Currently, my H510's front fans aren't working and I don't plan to fix it because the cable management in the back is a nightmare and I don't want all hell to break loose when I open the back panel.

Thanks for the relief;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×