LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

2 hours ago, apsims91 said:

I think this may be my last day of full folding ☹️ It's just too expensive for me to carry on. My usual electricity bill is about £470p/m but this month's bill has just come in and it hurts. £617.82! ? I would love to carry on but I can't afford to. The old hardware is just inefficient and I'm trying to save up for a new graphics card in the first place...

I have to say, well done to everyone who has contributed! The team and the community here have truly thrown everything they have at the competition and research to the betterment of human kind.

Ouch. 

Feels good to live in a big Hydro generating place! Manitoba, cheap electricity.

So where was I with the issues? Yea it was just the clocks and driver failures... until today. 

My 7 year old PSU from Hiper (High Performance Group? iunno) died. Replaced with one 800w from semi-cheap brand.. Made a mess in the system because this psu has a ton of cables and they all are not modular, but hey, it's running! 

I also decided to add a Vega 64 to the mix to compensate for the lost hours but could only fit it via 1x raiser slot, the mATX doesn't want to fit 2 cards, especially on this mobo - I can't leave the 1080ti with literally no space between it and the vega. Vega heats up a lot and I had to limit voltage/clocks to make it stable at about 3000 rpm which bothers my brother, in whose pc the card is (and it was him who had the loss of psu, although I spent like 5 years with that one previously), a lot less. 

Unfortunately it only generates about 250-280k PPD at 120-140W (1.05v, 1350MHz, 0.95 vmem, 1000MHz) consumption. This is a 14180 WU though.

Will see if it's any better but I don't expect it going over 400k any time soon.

Only a temporary measure, however, and I am very likely to return to not folding on that one after the event. Brother's tired of clicking "STOP.BAT" and "START.BAT" in between gaming sessions :D

EDIT: just as the 14180 ended, the 14196 started. 543k PPD estimated by HFM

image.png.82b30902637a7e4c1bbd4baf9f9e1a9b.png

awful, terrible, horrible garbage

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

2 of my VM's for the final push are running out today. :( I might create another account just to try out a V100 though. I've seen people say that it only gets around 1.5m PPD, but if it's anything like a Titan V it should be closer to 3m+ PPD. I'd like to play and find out, could help us all out next year for those using cloud services.

41 minutes ago, Pepe Le Spooder said:

I was wondering how i would go about getting my folding badges when this is done?

I think I atleast qualify for the first one https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/PepeLeSpooder

I checked your stats and you should qualify for a silver badge, which you can request anytime now on the 'F@H and BOINC Badge Request Thread'. As for the Folding month event badges, I'm not sure. I guess they'll be applied auto-magically sometime after the event.

15 minutes ago, mattheginger said:

I checked your stats and you should qualify for a silver badge, which you can request anytime now on the 'F@H and BOINC Badge Request Thread'. As for the Folding month event badges, I'm not sure. I guess they'll be applied auto-magically sometime after the event.

Alright thanks i'll do that now, Was a bit confused on where i would apply for it

35 minutes ago, mattheginger said:

1 hour ago, Pepe Le Spooder said:

I was wondering how i would go about getting my folding badges when this is done?

I think I atleast qualify for the first one https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/PepeLeSpooder

^ this is the correct way to apply for the general folding badges. And he is also correct that after the event is over @GOTSpectrum, @Gorgon, and myself will send a list of people who qualified for the event badge to the mods and they get rolled out on their own even if it might take some time to do so.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

This might be a weird ask but can everyone give me a list of any and all hardware that died during the event. I'm thinking about doing a kinda cheese memorial post for all of the hardware that was sacrificed in the name of science.

Folding Community Board:

57 minutes ago, palespartan said:

This might be a weird ask but can everyone give me a list of any and all hardware that died during the event. I'm thinking about doing a kinda cheese memorial post for all of the hardware that was sacrificed in the name of science.

Does my brain qualify from lack of sanity and sleep?

1 hour ago, palespartan said:

300W Apevia power supply

Please add my mind the list of broken things then @palespartan.
My Vega 64 is still not folding propely and have been putting in ALOT of hours in trobleshooting from about a week before we begin to now..So fun to have the alarm clock on 3AM just to check if the machine have crashed yet...

13 minutes ago, justpoet said:

Does my brain qualify from lack of sanity and sleep?

Nothing on my brain mate with the month I've had!

@palespartan HD 7950 Ghz edition and an EVGA 500W W1, RIP, a terrible PSU thats been replaced with a 850W supernova G2.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, Xoggy said:

Please add my mind the list of broken things then @palespartan.
My Vega 64 is still not folding propely and have been putting in ALOT of hours in trobleshooting from about a week before we begin to now..So fun to have the alarm clock on 3AM just to check if the machine have crashed yet...

Since its not dead I'm not sure I can add it but your sanity will be added to list.

Folding Community Board:

13 minutes ago, azmariadei said:

300W Apevia power supply

And my UPS is about dead but it should last another week or two.

Edited by azmariadei
misspelled UPS USPS

Just now, azmariadei said:

And my USPS is about dead but it should last another week or two.

If it makes it past the 4th well count it as alive. lol

Folding Community Board:

An interesting factoid, the folding section has just under 75,000 post as shown below.

image.png.e1d10bd031fbfbd1149c3129d517b2c2.png

While the event has 5k ish posts so far.

image.png.34283171a3e9f701428ddb57cd600919.png

meaning we have added 6-7% of the total post count for the sub-forum in this one thread over the last couple months. I think thats kinda impressive. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

8 hours ago, apsims91 said:

I think this may be my last day of full folding ☹️ It's just too expensive for me to carry on. My usual electricity bill is about £470p/m but this month's bill has just come in and it hurts. £617.82! ?

£470 per month!? What the fuck... What are you powering at home !? ??

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

£470 per month!? What the fuck... What are you powering at home !? ??

He's growing... 'Tomatoes' inside. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 hours ago, catawalks said:

2 of my VM's for the final push are running out today. :( I might create another account just to try out a V100 though. I've seen people say that it only gets around 1.5m PPD, but if it's anything like a Titan V it should be closer to 3m+ PPD. I'd like to play and find out, could help us all out next year for those using cloud services.

I am currently running three VMs on GCP.

First one is 2xV100 with high CPU.

Second one is same 2xV100 but a li'l better CPU(wanted to see if there would be any difference in PPD).

And third one is 4xP100. ?

Tho, they are all burning through free credit pretty fast but by my calculation, they will last a li'l bit longer than the event. 

Also, I gotta hit that top10 for this event. ??

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

8 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

He's growing... 'Tomatoes' inside. 

Sounds plausible.. ?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 minutes ago, Favebook said:

I am currently running three VMs on GCP.

First one is 2xV100 with high CPU.

Second one is same 2xV100 but a li'l better CPU(wanted to see if there would be any difference in PPD).

And third one is 4xP100. ?

Tho, they are all burning through free credit pretty fast but by my calculation, they will last a li'l bit longer than the event. 

Also, I gotta hit that top10 for this event. ??

Watch out for when thay run out, that bill going to be bad if you leave them for long :D

Just now, Xoggy said:

Watch out for when thay run out, that bill going to be bad if you leave them for long :D

You can set quotas... I believe... 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240