AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 (NAVI) review leaks out

Spoiler

AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1000x837.png.8cd976f019e43bb50746f38664b1bd9e.png

AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1920x1080-1000x948.png.dfaa1da3e5cd07800964d392a295fce7.png

AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-Far-Cry-5-1000x1048.thumb.png.2f03c39ec4375ecdd86a16939162856c.png

AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-FarCry5-1920x1080-1000x1006.png.4285aae4665f8cd4c54e22dc60802218.png

AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-Wolfenstein-II-1000x943.png.0e9cf9dc2eab752a2a4de2d3b360ca73.png

AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-Wolfenstein-II-1080p-1000x1034.thumb.png.ffc8fdf0fc55752eb8b75e174a4b4c03.png

AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-Wolfenstein-II-1080p-1000x1034.thumb.png.ffc8fdf0fc55752eb8b75e174a4b4c03.png

AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-TimeSpy-1000x1080.thumb.png.6d663444d09ad0eac89d4531a36eb837.png

Radeon-RX-5700-3DMark-Time-Spy-CPU-1000x633.png.0cc1e6d2aa5e4a0dcd3de169b0ef420e.png

AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-Fire-Strike-1000x840.png.052b1af252c68e3ee3ee52062996215f.png

AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-Fire-Strike-2-1000x1016.png.a2847dfd6c86411f406031731bbffca6.png

AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-Power-Consumption-1000x873.png.64b04edbb185fbac0c49b0954e635ec7.png

A review was published "by accident" by a Polish site called Benchmark.pl. The review was conducted with early drivers and apparently, these drivers also don't support overclocking. Therefore, the results may not correspond to the final performance. 

Nonetheless, behind the Spoiler tags lies the results; benchmarking in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Far Cry 5, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, 3DMark Time Spy and 3DMark Fire Strike. Last graph is Full System Power Consumption with an i9-9900k, and it looks like Power Consumption is relatively decent when compared to the RTX 2070. Lastly, the RX 5700 looks like it will be a great price to performance offering. 

Source: https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-and-rx-5700-review-leaks-out

I do need to point out that the results on this site (despite the site being quite large) are rarely accurate, or at least deviate from more reputable sources almost every time so take these with a grain of salt.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

So the 5700 performs more or less about the same as the 2060 super depending on the load according to this site, eh.... Well, lets see if the price is similar or not. If it is, the 2060 would be the better choice just for RTX support I guess?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

So the 5700 performs more or less about the same as the 2060 super depending on the load according to this site, eh.... Well, lets see if the price is similar or not. If it is, the 2060 would be the better choice just for RTX support I guess?

Only if you want RTX. I prefer AMD cards because I like their settings/overlay features a lot more.

If two cards perform similar in the games/tasks you play/perform, then I say just get the cheaper one or the one you like more..

Ray Tracing, at this moment in time, or on current gen cards, should not be a deciding factor.. I doubt Nvidia is just going to one day release drivers that allow all 2000 series cards to play at over 60FPS with RT enabled.. I just don't see it.. Therefore, pointless..

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

1 minute ago, ch3w2oy said:

Only if you want RTX. I prefer AMD cards because I like their settings/overlay features a lot more.

If two cards perform similar in the games/tasks you play/perform, then I say just get the cheaper one or the one you like more..

Ray Tracing, at this moment in time, or on current gen cards, should not be a deciding factor.. I doubt Nvidia is just going to one day release drivers that allow all 2000 series cards to play at over 60FPS with RT enabled.. I just don't see it.. Therefore, pointless..

So your saying it's personal choice except for RT, because that shouldn't be a factor even if you want it?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

So your saying it's personal choice except for RT, because that shouldn't be a factor even if you want it?

I wouldn't choose a 2060 just because of Ray Tracing.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

1 minute ago, ch3w2oy said:

I wouldn't choose a 2060 just because of Ray Tracing.

so RT is a legitimate factor for personal choice,  just not everyone cares about it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

23 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

Oh I agree with you on that, but if both cards are literally the same price, RT might be good extra that a few people might want.
While it does tank your fps by a lot, if smaller/indie games start implementing it and properly optimize it all, it could very well run some games at 60+fps. Obviously it likely won't happen with "AAA" games that are all about graphical fidelity and microtransactions though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

35 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

The problem is a lot of the times, many games would run better on nvidia over on AMD.

There's also the video encoder on RTX cards which attracts a lot of people who wants to clip themselves or stream to twitch. While AMD also have this feature, we don't know if it will be as good as the one in the current RTX lineup

2 minutes ago, xtroria said:

The problem is a lot of the times, many games would run better on nvidia over on AMD.

There's also the video encoder on RTX cards which attracts a lot of people who wants to clip themselves or stream to twitch. While AMD also have this feature, we don't know if it will be as good as the one in the current RTX lineup

I'm not trying to push AMD.. Just simply trying to say RT shouldn't be a deciding factor when buying a new card..

13 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Oh I agree with you on that, but if both cards are literally the same price, RT might be good extra that a few people might want.
While it does tank your fps by a lot, if smaller/indie games start implementing it and properly optimize it all, it could very well run some games at 60+fps. Obviously it likely won't happen with "AAA" games that are all about graphical fidelity and microtransactions though.

Good point.. Guess it just depends on the person and their needs..

4 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

I'm not trying to push AMD.. Just simply trying to say RT shouldn't be a deciding factor when buying a new card..

Good point.. Guess it just depends on the person and their needs..

RTX Gen 1 is a Tech Demo technology. If anyone thinks its an actually useful selling feature, I've got some Ansell to sell you as well. :)

8 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

RTX Gen 1 is a Tech Demo technology. If anyone thinks its an actually useful selling feature, I've got some Ansell to sell you as well. :)

how much?  Does it do RT?

26 minutes ago, mr moose said:

how much?  Does it do RT?

So Ansel does work with Raytracing, but the only images I can find are press demo from Nvidia.

AMD got greedy because of the Ryzen hype train and they pushed it with Navi. They can command the margin they want on a 12 or 16 core cpu sure, but not a gpu of any power level currently. At least not for gaming.

Launch Day Price drops across the line if amd intends to sell cards to anyone but amd fans

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

2 hours ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

So dead on arrival lol in a certain sense of course 

Nvidia has paid really well to establish that narrative.

22 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

AMD got greedy because of the Ryzen hype train and they pushed it with Navi. They can command the margin they want on a 12 or 16 core cpu sure, but not a gpu of any power level currently. At least not for gaming.

Launch Day Price drops across the line if amd intends to sell cards to anyone but amd fans

No, AMD is making the proper business decision. Regardless of what AMD was pricing at, they've not really been able to budge the Gaming dGPU market share much since the Bitcoin Boom of 2012, which wiped out their Consumer Market supply for a year. The market really does appear to be pretty stationary. This is why Nvidia was able to get away with upping their prices so much with Pascal then Turing.

AMD is going to offer a little better performance at a little lower price. They'll sell probably more Navi than they did Vega because they can supply it better, even if Vega ended up selling really well. Especially in the GPU server space.

IF those results are close to being true then its a decent effort from AMD.. 5700xt beating or matching the 2070 the card its supposed to be up against in most games... We will see their top tier cards late this year or early next year for sure.

6 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

So Ansel does work with Raytracing, but the only images I can find are press demo from Nvidia.

I'll take 5 thanks, can I have one gift wrapped?

Not great but not awful, hopefully they will be priced under the SUPER cards

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

As a ballpark figure, from a slightly dodgy site with beta drivers I think these numbers are pretty good. I may pick one up when they start hitting the used market in a year or so. My 980ti is still performing admirably, so I may keep it just as a F@H space heater for the winter. Otherwise, the Vega cards are still a good option IMO

That's an F in the profile pic

Well...time to rethink everyone! (Maybe)

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-to-lower-the-price-of-radeon-rx-5700-series-ahead-of-launch

$350 RX 5700, $400 RX 5700 XT. RX 5700 is officially in the game now, just about. This changes things a fair bit because it now means that the 2060 (And 2060 Super for that matter) is dead pretty much unless you want the ray tracing. And with the 5700 XT being fairly close to the 2070 Super for $100 less, it sort of kills off the 2070 Super as well.

I kinda wanted the 5700 to be at $325, but this is better than nothing. AMD have given the midrange buyers something to buy if this is true. AMD to the rescue.

31 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Well...time to rethink everyone! (Maybe)

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-to-lower-the-price-of-radeon-rx-5700-series-ahead-of-launch

$350 RX 5700, $400 RX 5700 XT. RX 5700 is officially in the game now, just about. This changes things a fair bit because it now means that the 2060 (And 2060 Super for that matter) is dead pretty much unless you want the ray tracing. And with the 5700 XT being fairly close to the 2070 Super for $100 less, it sort of kills off the 2070 Super as well.

I kinda wanted the 5700 to be at $325, but this is better than nothing. AMD have given the midrange buyers something to buy if this is true. AMD to the rescue.

So a rumour of prices to go with the unreliable performance figures.  Awesome.  More conjecture to ignore.

As is nearly always the case, the price to performance will be fairly close.  

6 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

The market really does appear to be pretty stationary. This is why Nvidia was able to get away with upping their prices so much with Pascal then Turing.

The original MSRP and street pricing of Pascal was actually very good, one of the best generations ever. Sadly that did not last, as you know how that went.