Youtube have changed and started enforcing their TOS to include "Hacking Tutorials"

Toakan
3 hours ago, givingtnt said:

Screw this !

YouTube is being freaking stupid again

Seriously, trying to prevent people from learning about the dangers of hacking & social engineering is the stupidest thing ever

You cannot simply make a problem dissapere by not talking about it !

It's called the Streisand effect. Guess most companies / governments live by this rule today.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

hmmm not a problem youtube is a bad place for hacking tutorials anyways. Outdated videos misinform and lure

Bolivia.

12 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

hmmm not a problem youtube is a bad place for hacking tutorials anyways. Outdated videos misinform and lure

The problem is what they are defining as a "Hacking Tutorial".

Discussions on vulnerabilities, descriptions on how they work and how they can be exploited have been flagged already.

1 minute ago, Toakan said:

The problem is what they are defining as a "Hacking Tutorial".

Discussions on vulnerabilities, descriptions on how they work and how they can be exploited have been flagged already.

It is fine. What the condemn others will grow.

Bolivia.

Oh wow so lame. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Are the tech support scam exposing videos next? I mean, they do teach you how to scam clueless computer users.

Damn it. How else am I going to get Final Cut Pro? xD 

It is good that people that claim to be able to do iCloud Activation Lock bypasses will kick the bucket though. They all either have malicious intent or just enjoy seeing people waste their time. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

I agree with everyone else

Luke get on this!

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

8 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Damn it. How else am I going to get Final Cut Pro? xD 

It is good that people that claim to be able to do iCloud Activation Lock bypasses will kick the bucket though. They all either have malicious intent or just enjoy seeing people waste their time. 

Isn't buying an iPhone a waste of time to start with?

I wonder if all the CTF vids are gonna get affected as well, that's gonna suck.

2 hours ago, Curious Pineapple said:

Isn't buying an iPhone a waste of time to start with?

I agree with that especially since I want to do what I want with my phone. I don't see the logic in taking down hacking tutorials or discussions on vulnerabilities which are educational, youtube may as well take down other "harmful" things like lockpicking videos too.

at least it would disperse out some script kiddies I suppose

🙂

And who will determine what is hacking? The ad companies who barely even know how to use a PC? ?‍♂️

what next? coding courses cause they can be used for hacking?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

bypass secure computer systems

Sooo... does that include things like jailbreaking your iPhone, rooting your Android devices, using Trinity & Modoru to put HENkaku on your Vita so you can play emulators and homebrew on the go, cracking open your OG Xbox, Xbox 360, PS1 or PS2 to install things like modchips and put homebrew software on them...?

If so, then there goes Modern Vintage Gamer's "Mistakes Were Made" series where he talks about and shows off some of the methods used to bypass security methods on older consoles, or things like rooting his Switch for putting homebrew on, along with other folks like Tech James who do tutorial videos about things like Trinity & HENkaku on your Vita or Voultar who does vids about installing modchips, or modifying Famicon/Super Famicon carts to play translation patched versions of games that didn't make it out of Japan or are otherwise too expensive to buy English carts for.

so a repeat of ssd and solid state drives? (in-that people who do not know what they are doing are enforcing/talking about it).

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

3 hours ago, Sauron said:

@Toakan

This. Looks like the news got blown out of proportion

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

I just created a poll check it out 

I'm a python programmer and I play trombone

3 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

This. Looks like the news got blown out of proportion

Take any kickback/issues raised from the forums or youtube and divide by ten to get a more realistic idea how serious it is. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

16 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

This could be a potential opportunity for Floatplane perhaps?

was just going to comment this as well xD

On 7/4/2019 at 9:42 AM, L0m said:

As a hobbyist programmer having dabbled in hacking successfully and having some second hand information about how important the cyber security to certain companies/associations (My dad is in the ADF) it is extremely problematic as black hats are going to find new ways to learn and spread info while aspiring teens wanting to be white hats won't be able to continue to learn about cyber security and PEN testing. As Luis Marques said "Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance." Anyway that's my thoughts on this

Actually I think this will effect white hats far far more than black hats. 

I know of a few 0day forums that this information is plentiful so the industry will likely suffer as a result of developers not have information to security related information.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

14 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

Actually I think this will effect white hats far far more than black hats. 

I know of a few 0day forums that this information is plentiful so the industry will likely suffer as a result of developers not have information to security related information.

I agree with you I worded it confusingly. It is problamatic for white hats because black hats...

I'm a python programmer and I play trombone

it should be noted that the video has been restored, and the strike removed.

https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1146678171745574912

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.