Cyberpunk's creator slams critics who claim Cyberpunk 2077 is racist / inaccurate to the source, refutes their claims

Delicieuxz
Message added by Morgan MLGman

Please try to be civil and don't go too far into politics, or it will result in the thread being locked

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

So you agree with Neues then.

No.  He falsely claims that it's completely wrecked; he wants to destroy it; and he doesn't have anything to replace it except for simplistic boosterism and ranting.  I want to improve games journalism while preserving what's good about it, and there's a lot that's good about it.

16 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

I've seen much worse. I think it was some Asian washing machine commercial or something. lol

well there you go, clothes can be pretty offensive :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Commodus said:

I want to improve games journalism while preserving what's good about it, and there's a lot that's good about it.

Doesn't seem like it. Seems like you're advocating for the politically charged sensationalism that runs counter to objectiveness.

1 minute ago, Commodus said:

he doesn't have anything to replace it except for simplistic boosterism and ranting.

Bold claim. Doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

His claim is that gaming """journalism""" skimps on the journalism aspect. Which is partially backed up by tye article that sparked this whole ordeal, and by articles such as Persona 5 song lyrics being offensive.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Games journalism is the only "medium" that shits on its own industry. I'm not talking about objective criticism, I'm talking about literal shitting on it. And on its consumers. You won't see that in any other industry.

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

You saidif you meant what you're now claiming you meant you did a terrible job of communicating it. I extrapolated the only conclusions possible from your original statement since actually wanting that to the letter would mean excluding every game ever made with very few exceptions, if any.

rder and Bioshock are extremely political games, right?

Erm, I said how about not having political correctness and how about not crying in an article about the underrepresentation, yes. I.e. the author projecting there is something wrong where there was no need to go into that idea of political thinking. Your point?

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

If I call you out often it's because you tend to throw out debunked reactionary talking points rather frequently. Just look at how far you retreated from the original, untenable and extremely general statement as soon as someone pointed out how absurd it was. You went from "Imagine if we could have a game without political stances" to basically "let's not criticise this specific game based on a trailer".litical games, right?

No, no I didn't. I said how about not having that, especially on a gameplay, i.e. it is even more absurd that usual as in a small piece out of full context.

Yeah, last time you "called me out" on fake accusations really showed who throws out "reactionary talking". Great job on that one.

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

That's all well and good but it's completely irrelevant to what I said. Also, if you don't care, why make a fuss about any of this? Let those who care care and enjoy the game when it comes out. Even if CDPR made changes based on this I don't see how gameplay would be affected and you don't seem to think the story would change depending on how the characters identify themselves.ioshock are extremely political games, right?

It is irrelevant? Do you even read your own posts? You put out words in my mouth:

I like it more when games/games critics agree with me politically

which I went to explain I don't care in the slightest. So basically you put words in my mouth, I explain I don't care and you go on why I am making a fuss? Because your argument was based on something you somehow figured is what I said.

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Basically a "no u" argument.

Basically a "me saying I don't care and you putting imaginary words in my mouth argument". So yeah, making stuff up is your own problem.

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Seriously? Did you miss the BFV charade? People who talk like this are almost always the first to cry like babies whenever game developers do anything superficially more progressive than what they're used to. And what is this thread if not a bunch of "Gamers" ranting about one article they disagree with?

And what it is I "cried" about that devs changed? What exactly? I am ranting because almost every single time there is a new game we get the same thing. Jesus Christ there were people on Twitter saying Chernobyl should have had more people of color. Can we just enjoy something for once without such nonsense?

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Oh, and maybe you missed the part where I said I don't necessarily agree with RPS on this - I just feel compelled to point out that 90% of what you wrote here is wrong or fallacious. You'll notice that I didn't reply to anyone to tell them the journalist is right, I only replied to people who took that position and from it jumped to absurd conclusions.

And I care to whom you replied because of...? You may notice that in the first post I went with imagining a game without political things, without mentioning or quoting the author and you still replied. Basically once again, you saying I did something that I didn't.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

12 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Freecell solitaire (or any solitaire, really).

Solitaire normalizes oppression though!

Can I be a gaming """journalist""" now?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

5 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Imagine if we could have a game without political stances, correctness and all other things.

If a cyberpunk game doesn’t have political opinions it’s doing cyberpunk wrong. Remember, the genre is cyberpunk

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

4 minutes ago, melete said:

If a cyberpunk game doesn’t have political opinions it’s doing cyberpunk wrong. Remember, the genre is cyberpunk

Cyberpunk isn't a political thing. It's along the same vein of Steampunk and Dieselpunk, more settings revolving around that technology.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

22 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Erm, I said how about not having political correctness and how about not crying in an article about the underrepresentation, yes. I.e. the author projecting there is something wrong where there was no need to go into that idea of political thinking. Your point?

No, no I didn't. I said how about not having that, especially on a gameplay, i.e. it is even more absurd that usual as in a small piece out of full context.

Yeah, last time you "called me out" on fake accusations really showed who throws out "reactionary talking". Great job on that one.

"Reactionary" has a specific meaning, think what you will of me but nothing I said here or in our previous disagreements could be interpreted as even remotely reactionary.

I don't understand how claiming you said things you didn't say when I have a direct quote showing otherwise benefits your position but hey, to each their own.

It is irrelevant? Do you even read your own posts? You put out words in my mouth:

which I went to explain I don't care in the slightest. So basically you put words in my mouth, I explain I don't care and you go on why I am making a fuss? Because your argument was based on something you somehow figured is what I said.

Guess what, that's a political stance - and you don't like it when someone says that the thing you don't care about matters or, in other words, disagrees with your political stance.

Basically a "me saying I don't care and you putting imaginary words in my mouth argument". So yeah, making stuff up is your own problem.

Ok, if you insist that the only logical meaning behind what you said isn't what you meant I have to assume you meant it literally, in which case you clearly don't understand games, art or politics.

And what it is I "cried" about that devs changed? What exactly?

Uhm read again, I didn't say you cried about devs changing anything.

Seriously? Did you miss the BFV charade? People who talk like this are almost always the first to cry like babies whenever game developers do anything superficially more progressive than what they're used to. And what is this thread if not a bunch of "Gamers" ranting about one article they disagree with?

Where in this did you read the word "change"? It's pretty funny considering you've insisted so adamantly that I was putting words in your mouth.

And I care to whom you replied because of...?

I'm trying to get you to understand that it's not your disagreement with RDP I have a problem with, it's the ignorant nonsense you threw in alongside it.

You may notice that in the first post I went with imagining a game without political things, without mentioning or quoting the author and you still replied.

Your first comment was nonsensical (since we have established you meant it literally with absolutely no nuance) and the second one added fuel to the dumpster fire.

Basically once again, you saying I did something that I didn't.

What are you even talking about? In that last part I didn't say you said anything. Are you hallucinating?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Cyberpunk isn't a political thing. It's along the same vein of Steampunk and Dieselpunk, more settings revolving around that technology.

Umm, no. Cyberpunk deals exclusively with dystopian futures dominated by technology. It is defined by both words that make up the term. There is nothing "punk" about steampunk or dieselpunk. The "punk" (as in the musical genre") aspect is core to what cyberpunk is. The genre is, by its very definition, political. Go read the Cyberpunk 2020 core book and try to say that it isn't political.

Just now, Drak3 said:

It’s literally in the name here. It’s punk. The genre is extremely political. Cyberpunk works have a lot to say about topics like capitalism, corporatism, consumerism, political authority, violence and the legitimate use of force, socioeconomic class, oppression and rebellion, and more topics than I can possibly mention here. 

Cyberpunk 2020 is no exception. Have you ever read through Mike Pondsmith’s rulebook for the game?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

1 minute ago, Derangel said:

There is nothing "punk" about steampunk or dieselpunk.

Actually there is, in much the same way as there is in cyberpunk - though of course not ever piece of media calling itself "steampunk" gets that.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Go read the Cyberpunk 2020 core book and try to say that it isn't political.

Point to where I said that Cyberpunk material and politics were mutually exclusive.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Point to where I said that Cyberpunk material and politics were mutually exclusive.

You specifically said that cyberpunk isn't political. You are factually wrong.

1 minute ago, melete said:

It’s punk

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/punk#other-words

3 minutes ago, Derangel said:

You specifically said that cyberpunk isn't political. You are factually wrong.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cyberpunk

science fiction dealing with future urban societies dominated by computer technology

Huh.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Merriam-Webster is missing a critical point: Its about DYSTOPIAN futures dominated by computer technology. ALL dystopias are political. You cannot create an apolitical dystopia as a dystopia is ALWAYS a commentary on the creation of the state of the world. The very foundations of the cyberpunk genre are built on dystopian worlds. Philip K. Dicks "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" (adapted into Blade Runner by Ridley Scott), William Gibson's "Nuromancer", Mike Pondsmith's "Cyberpunk 2020", K. W. Jeter's "Dr. Adder" and "The Glass Hammer". Every single piece of work that formed the cyberpunk genre deals with dystopian worlds. You cannot have a cyberpunk world without it being a dystopia. Therefore cyberpunk is, by its very natural, political.

1 minute ago, Derangel said:

You cannot have a cyberpunk world without it being a dystopia. Therefore cyberpunk is, by its very natural, political.

That is objectively false. Cyberpunk is as Merriam Webster describes.

A (supposed) majority of cyberpunk works being dystopian does not make that trait inherent.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Minority representation will never ever be done in a good enough fashion to these types of critics.

The game is going to amazing.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

39 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Solitaire normalizes oppression though!

Can I be a gaming """journalist""" now?

And segregation in the case of spider

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

A (supposed) majority of cyberpunk works being dystopian does not make that trait inherent.

It's not a "supposed" majority. They are the fucking works that DEFINED and CREATED the genre. You can't say that the very media that creates a genre do not matter to what that genre is.

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

And segregation in the case of spider

Very good point.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

When I look for a nuanced introduction to the entirety of a subject matter, I always turn to the Mariam Webster dictionary definition. 

You know what these SJWs are right. I do not like puzzle games because they are not diverse nor inclusive enough to suit my specific political stance. (I play video games to reinforce my political narrative, not to have fun). Instead of finding a game that is fun for me and does suit my pallet, I'LL WRITE AN ARTICLE CRITICISING PUZZLE GAMES CALLING THEM SEXIST AND BIGOTTED TOWARDS PUZZLE PIECES THAT ARE NOT STRAIGHT OR WHITE! NOT ONLY THAT ILL TWEET THAT I AM UNCOMFORTABLE AND THESE PUZZLE GAMES ARE GETTING TOO REALISTIC AND OFFENSIVE! WHAT?!? YOU THINK I SHOULD IGNORE IT AND FIND ANOTHER GAME THAT INTERESTS ME?!? HOW DARE YOU!! NEXT YOU WILL TELL ME TO ORDER WHAT I LIKE FROM THE MENU INSTEAD OF DEMANDING THEY CHANGE IT WHEN I GO OUT TO EAT?!? IF I CAN'T STOMACH IT NO ONE SHOULD! IF I'M ALLERGIC EVERYONE ONE ELSE SHOULD BE ALLERGIC TOO! where are they coming from?... too bad these SJWs are too stupid to read books because A Song of Ice and Fire would crash their world...

Bolivia.