Cyberpunk's creator slams critics who claim Cyberpunk 2077 is racist / inaccurate to the source, refutes their claims

Delicieuxz
Message added by Morgan MLGman

Please try to be civil and don't go too far into politics, or it will result in the thread being locked

But all they've done is given me more reason to buy the game.

"Hey, this game offends whiny people who are so neurotic and out of touch with reality that their own image in a mirror "triggers" them".

9e9.gif

1 hour ago, RoseLuck462 said:

Minority representation will never ever be done in a good enough fashion to these types of critics.

The game is going to amazing.

That's because people like that, are the actual racist/sexist/bigots. The only see those things and focus upon them entirely.

Also because when you do that kind of forced "artistry" it comes off as contrived and disingenuous. Kind of like the 2016 "ghostbusters" film.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Bahahahahahaha

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 hours ago, Commodus said:

We shouldn't give carte blanche to any and all criticism, but we need at least some "SJWs" out there to call out crap from media creators.  And I'd rather have someone be an overzealous (but well-meaning) critic than mindlessly cheer for the status quo.

You can always... not partake of things you feel were not targeted at you directly. Or you could, because it doesn't actually matter either way.

The creator makes what they want, there is nothing morally acceptable about attempting to brow beat them into making something different because of a few peoples feelings. They could always try and make the content they would like to see.

Sooner or later, the people who constantly whine and complain about diversity are going to have to understand that diversity also includes people you might not like or whom might not like you.

25 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

"Hey, this game offends whiny people who are so neurotic and out of touch with reality that their own image in a mirror "triggers" them".

Pre-ordered. And I never pre-order

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

You can always... not partake of things you feel were not targeted at you directly. Or you could, because it doesn't actually matter either way.

The creator makes what they want, there is nothing morally acceptable about attempting to brow beat them into making something different because of a few peoples feelings. They could always try and make the content they would like to see.

That sounds like Fascism.

What's sad is that some people will agree with what I just said.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I hope CDPR has the budget like RockStar Games, so they can promote their game by having giant banners covering the side of tall building, on buses, trains, toilet seats covers, basically anywhere and everywhere just to triggered these SJWs.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

30 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

That sounds like Fascism.

What sounds like fascism?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 hours ago, Commodus said:

No.  He falsely claims that it's completely wrecked; he wants to destroy it; and he doesn't have anything to replace it except for simplistic boosterism and ranting.  I want to improve games journalism while preserving what's good about it, and there's a lot that's good about it.

So what is good about current games journalism?

3 minutes ago, NeuesTestament said:

So what is good about current games journalism?

Well there are those big investigative peaces people like Jason Schrier do. Pity a lot of the other things he writes are crap.

36 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

What sounds like fascism?

Apparently it is fascist now to just let people do what they want and not force them to comply with the orthodoxy whatever that might be at the moment. That's a rather strange interpretation of fascism.

Uh, this game isnt even out yet? For like, another year??

Why are people giving negative reviews at this point, based on what? A trailer? Play the game first, form your opinions afterwards.

4 hours ago, RejZoR said:

@Sauron

So? Games can be political. I also don't care if developers go after portrayal of certain group of people specifically. Lets say gay people. Just integrate that well into the story, not just throw it in as "gay" and make them scream about it 24/7. Mass Effect Andromeda had that problem and probably wasn't the only one. No one says "Greeting stranger, btw, I'm gay". No one. It doesn't even make any sense for alternate reality, alternate history or whatever.

And it was similarly stupid with Battlefield V. They kept saying WW2. Why was everyone so afraid to call it "alternate history/reality WW2 conflict"? Add female disabled commandos with bionic limbs, robot dogs and whatnot, I don't give a shit, just don't call it a "WW2" game then. The theme or idea is not even bad as I already said I loved Wolfensteins screwed up WW2 timeline, but no one was politically correct about it and presented it as something else.

Let's move away from the identity politics bullshit for a moment and look at some actually politically-charged games.

• Fallout: Delivers a warning message about nuclear war, tensions between nations, capitalism and nuclear power in general
  • Bioshock: Literally criticism of libertarianism
  • Bioshock Infinite: Literally criticism of American exceptionalism
  • Metal Gear: Nation-states abuse soldiers, soldiers are being dehumanized and reduced to mere fighting machines, war leads to suffering not just for soldiers but civilians caught in the crossfire, America is a warmongering nation, the Cold War was a tough time not just for Americans but Soviets as well, so on and so forth...
  • Final Fantasy VII: You start out in an eco-terrorist organization, a corporate president is the big bad for the first ~8 hours of the game, the game contains heavy messages about environmentalism and anti-capitalism throughout the entire adventure, corporations hold more power over the people than politicians...
  • Final Fantasy XII: Anti-imperialism is a central theme of the game
  • Grand Theft Auto: Heavily satirizes American life and politics, V in particular features three protagonists who turn to a life of crime because they were fucked over by the American government for a variety of reasons
  • Stardew Valley: Straight-up criticism of capitalism
  • Mother 3: Also contains anti-capitalist messaging
  • Doom: Corporations would literally exploit Hell if it meant making more of a profit. Eternal expands this to "corporations don't understand the causes they support".
  • LA Noire: America's police force is corrupt as hell and we'll demonstrate this to you by pairing you with the worst the Los Angeles Police Department has to offer
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance: A power struggle in the historic Kingdom of Bohemia is a central plot point of the game

But please, do tell me about how the only political things in games ever are about peoples' identities.

Side note: Mike Pondsmith actually isn't the creator of cyberpunk. That would be William Gibson.

Honestly, if you read the article, the only point the writer makes is that there is a violent gang in the game that is predominantly made up of people of Haitian origin... OK... to draw the conclusion that the game is full of racial stereotypes might be a stretch from one demo...

Other than that, he just said the gunplay felt weak. That wouldn't surprise me considering the developers are mostly experienced in making RPG's with swordplay (the Witcher) and not shooters...

I don't see any mention of sexuality in the article at all. What are you all even talking about?

5 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

However as we have learned from a certain feminist youtuber that shall remain nameless, one can be critical of a medium while enjoying said medium anyway. 

You appear to be confusing a grifter with a critic. They are not the same thing.

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

Pre-ordered. And I never pre-order

Same

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

2 minutes ago, maartendc said:

I don't see any mention of sexuality in the article at all. What are you all even talking about?

I think the OP might have seriously misunderstood "transhumanism" to mean "transgenderism" i.e. "transhumans." Transhumanism is actually a philosophical concept/movement about the links between biological humanity and advanced technology and specifically how technology could transcend natural/human limitations, it doesn't have anything to do with gender identity.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

2 hours ago, RejZoR said:

And it was similarly stupid with Battlefield V. They kept saying WW2. Why was everyone so afraid to call it "alternate history/reality WW2 conflict"? Add female disabled commandos with bionic limbs, robot dogs and whatnot, I don't give a shit, just don't call it a "WW2" game then.

I've noticed that the SJW pandering lacks creativity. IN EVERY ATTEMPT TO PANDER TO SJWs OR "FEMINISTS" NO ORIGINAL IDEA OR THOUGHT HAS EVER BEEN CONCEIVED. They always want to "take" or "turn" but never create.

Examples:

• Turning Ice Man gay VS original Mutant who has always been gay
  • Turning Thor into a woman VS Developing Lady Sif
  • Killing Wolverine in order to Turn X23 into Wolverine VS Developing X23
  • Turning Batwoman into Bruce Wayne's theif cousin VS (Canon) Billionaire Heiress who is unrelated to Bruce Wayne
  • Turning Miss Marvel into a Muslim teen VS creating original Muslim teen hero
  • Turning WW2 infantry into disabled women VS creating alternate ww2 storyline
  • Turning Kratos bi VS introducing new and interesting bisexual character

At this rate Pikachu will be transgender, Black Panther will be white and Optimus Prime will be a woman. If you want inclusive media make original characters. Look at Overwatch, everyone in overwatch is either gay or a robot (or both) and its fine, nobody cares because they were made that way... like gay people.

Bolivia.

8 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

That's great and all, don't really care much since people complaining about politically correct is quite mainstream and the best thing you can do about it is ignore it, what I do want to know is: Will they address this?

image.png.a8357836fdae98d59447074d4f5231e3.png

Oof

34 minutes ago, NeuesTestament said:

Apparently it is fascist now to just let people do what they want and not force them to comply with the orthodoxy whatever that might be at the moment. That's a rather strange interpretation of fascism.

I find it horrifyingly hilarious that the left behaves more like fascists than anyone else in society today, and yet is completely incapable of seeing it.

7 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I find it horrifyingly hilarious that the left behaves more like fascists than anyone else in society today, and yet is completely incapable of seeing it.

B bu but they are on the right side of history you know!

1 hour ago, NeuesTestament said:

For those that don't understand it and don't pay attention to what I say:

Whenever there is a thread of political nature and someone says something that is the exact opposite of Fascist ideology, I jokingly call what they said fascist.

Only difference here is there are people (like Antifa and many identity politics players professional victims) that will attack @Trik'Stari's statement as fascism, whether they genuinely believe it or they just want to shut down legitimate discussion before it starts.

This statement, specifically:

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

It's very obviously not Fascism.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Eaglerino said:

anything that's but a smidgen right of Karl Marx

This reply is still a step up from people who are now trying to say that fascism is a left wing ideology and that Nazis were left wing. 

Also, is that like how anyone to the left of Trump is a Marxist, communist, Muslim, SJW?

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

For those that don't understand it and don't pay attention to what I say:

Whenever there is a thread of political nature and someone says something that is the exact opposite of Fascist ideology, I jokingly call what they said fascist.

Only difference here is there are people (like Antifa and many identity politics players professional victims) that will attack @Trik'Stari's statement as fascism, whether they genuinely believe it or they just want to shut down legitimate discussion before it starts.

This statement, specifically:

It's very obviously not Fascism.

You are aware that people use /s to denote sarcasm in text, yes? Sarcasm is harder to get off in text than it is in audio, hence /s is used to denote sarcasm in text.

1 minute ago, Nowak said:

You are aware that people use /s to denote sarcasm in text, yes? Sarcasm is harder to get off in text than it is in audio, hence /s is used to denote sarcasm in text.

If you need a '/s'after this:

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

That's your problem, not mine.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.