have you ever blocked someone on the forum?

zassou

block someone yet?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. doh

• yes
    • no
    • neither confirm nor deny

22 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

2.Kept sending me doxxing threats after I told him some facts that he didn't like apparently. 

have they banned yet?

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

I blocked one single person, he got so offensive for no reason, just because my experience differed from his. so quite like

27 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

this never happened to me so it must be on your end

I was pretty annoyed by him/her, so I blocked his atroucious comments

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

23 hours ago, Skanky Sylveon said:

Size doesn't matter, it's how you use it that counts. 

But, it does matter. However, if you don't have that, then you better show some moves.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

On this forum, I've ignored one user.

This particular user seemed to be repeatedly seeking me out just to disagree with my advice given, however that could be a coincidence. Regardless, rather than keep derailing threads, I just chose to stop getting notifications from that user.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Many.

Half of them got banned.

Some of them are straight fanboys.

A handful have repeatedly made repeated stupid arguments.

Some will use a source and argue "because I can't understand it, it must be bad."

Some will use sources that don't have a primary source to go back to.

Some will use sources that are stating the opposite of the primary source.

And the last 3 fit squarely with some of the Linux fanboys.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

9 hours ago, zassou said:

have they banned yet?

Yep the 2nd one has been banned, but not sure if it was directly related to the incident...first one I'm pretty sure is still kicking but hopefully changed their attitudes 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Just 2 disrespectful trolls, nothing to worry about

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I've blocked one person, almost two. I don't like doing it though. If I say why I did it, it may reveal who they are. I'll just say that they need to use their brain a little more when thinking about others.

13 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

they need to use their brain a little more when thinking about others.

I had a falling out with a friend recently because of his lack of consideration towards others.  I don't get why people don't realize or care that other people have feelings too.

Just now, Skanky Sylveon said:

I had a falling out with a friend recently because of his lack of consideration towards others.  I don't get why people don't realize or care that other people have feelings too.

Closed mindedness I guess. When you're on the business end of people who are inconsiderate, you tend to give a shit more about others, because you feel like shit. Especially when sometimes, it can mean life or death (like what I do for a living. People who don't pay attention when they drive run the risk of killing me, my coworkers, and clients).

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

Closed mindedness I guess. When you're on the business end of people who are inconsiderate, you tend to give a shit more about others, because you feel like shit. Especially when sometimes, it can mean life or death (like what I do for a living. People who don't pay attention when they drive run the risk of killing me, my coworkers, and clients).

Well, at least it wasn't life or death with me, but yeah I don't know if it's closed mindedness or just selfishness. 

Most of people I blocked here are the ones who can't make decent arguments or do constructive discussions and will just starting insulting you for no reason, fanboys or not

I think there is no reason to be toxic when talking to someone unless you got some problems in your mind, I don't care talking with those people honestly, I can't handle toxic and arrogant people

Edited by Guest

I've blocked 1 person and I'm honestly surprised that they have not yet been banned.

That sad thing was it was over petty console arguments.  Despite being mostly a pc gamer myself, I was defending a specific console.  This fellow would jump with essay length responses nitpicking every little thing that he hated about the console to prove me wrong.  A few threads ended up getting locked over this.  I was never emotionally invested in the debates but thought I'd have some fun and see if I could actually get through to guy but he took it next level and simply could not help himself and had to counter every little thing I said with an essay.  He eventually pm'd me to blame for me his hatred of this console.

Seeing how things were escalating I had to eventually block him.  This was starting to look like a Criminal Minds episode in the making.

A few, yes.

One because they were just so infuriating and thinking themselves superior to others, going as far as creating a thread to personally attack me and refusing to even accept an apology when given one.(we did technically "mend it up" in private afterward...)

The others because they were so stupid I couldn't even. (trolls basically).

None of them are still active on the forum.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 2/24/2019 at 2:32 AM, VegetableStu said:

Pi radian personality rotation ._.

Gotta say, took me a moment.

You know, I almost failed my calc test-out because I didn't know what a radian was. I bought a calc book and spent an entire semester going through it, thought I got everything down, but then I start the test and they give an angle in radians, and I have no idea what I'm looking at.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

Never had to, thankfully.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

People who I make one recommendation and then they continuously flood my DM's with followup stuff like "okay but what about this" instead of replying to the actual thread and also "WHY DID YOU LEAVE MY THREAD"

Only one did I have to outright block (eventually got banned) the others I've gotten decent at mentally ignoring them

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I had to block an AMD fanboy once that'd literally stalk me every thread I went where I felt Intel was the route to go... Eventually the user quit the forum.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

12 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

I had to block an AMD fanboy once that'd literally stalk me every thread I went where I felt Intel was the route to go... Eventually the user quit the forum.

did you say intel?

AAAAAAAAMMMMMMMDDDDD

/S

no, i don't block, i report

7 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i envy your immunity to gear-grinder triggers ,_,

Screen_Shot_2019-01-17_at_4.22.43_PM.jpg

Meh. I may sometimes get in a heated argument with someone and even get quite upset, but I'm the kind of a person who lets go of all such emotional baggage pretty easily and just forgets it all usually in just a few hours, so there hasn't been any need for me to block anyone yet for such stuff. Also, I happen to have the viewpoint that a heated argument can actually be pretty healthy every now and then anyways.

As for just plain unpleasant people... eh, I just tend to go "fuck this shit" and simply move to another thread.

Now, I can be pretty direct myself and I tend to upset people simply because I refuse to dance around the bush, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone had blocked me -- it's their prerogative and I don't take it personally.

TL:DR; haven't blocked anyone and I don't really see the need to.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

No.

I got very close to blocking I/O a long time ago, then he got banned, so I didn't have to. 

In general, I avoid blocking people, because I enjoy hearing from people who's opinion may differ from mine. But if you're just going to be an asshole for the sake of being an asshole, I don't care what you have to say. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

No one on this forum so far.

On a different forum though, several others and me blocked one user.  

On 2/24/2019 at 5:50 PM, Majinhoju said:

I've blocked 1 person and I'm honestly surprised that they have not yet been banned.

lmao, oh, I know which one you are speaking of. 

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU