have you ever blocked someone on the forum?

zassou

block someone yet?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. doh

• yes
    • no
    • neither confirm nor deny

I did a giveaway around Christmas and some guy got pissed because he didn't win. He gave me, the winner, and another contestant shit because "tHeY cHeAtEd AnD sToLe My NuMbEr" when in actuality, it was a random number chosen after they had all selected a number.

TL;DR: Acted like a little kid over a $10 gift card.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

No, I don't, but I blocking their annoy avatar images as UBO. Since I can't find "hide other avatars" in my setting, maybe I overlook it.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

I've had the great fortune of having a blast on the forums so far. The family and are I often have talks about the crazy antics that happen from either Linus or the forums. Great experience all round.

Nah, I don't need to block anyone.  If they're upset, I just don't need to reply.  If they're silly, I pull out the Cheetos, and start posting.

Won’t visit often..

I've been here since 2013 and have tens of thousands of posts, at some point it was inevitable... I did block a handful of people, yes. In fact, one of them is on this thread and is quite recent.

On 2/23/2019 at 8:46 AM, zassou said:

if yes, i want to know why did you block them? was it:

...offensive language?

...had an argument with you that you dont want to see this person anymore?

...clash with your ideology?

...hate their profile picture?

One or more of the above depending on the person (except for the profile picture, I really don't care). A couple of them used the PM feature to continue arguing with me when a thread was locked, one of them specifically to insult me. Others I simply don't like to interact with and I see them around pretty often, so I decided to ignore them.

how do you feel when their names shows up on a post you're reading?

...disgusted?

...or nothing?

Annoyed because sometimes I'm still being tempted to open the post (which I invariably regret - also happened in this thread).

do you like the blocking feature? (because ive never participated in forums that let to do this before)

...if not, how to improve it?

I like having it, I'd change it to completely hide posts from ignored people though. If I go as far as to 'ignore' someone, it's because I never want to read one of their posts again and would prefer to continue my day as if they didn't exist. I realize this could cause some inconsistencies in forum interactions, but at least I'd like to have a toggle in the ignore settings.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

TL;DR: Acted like a little kid over a $10 gift card.

To be fair, they may have been an actual kid. The demographic here is pretty young.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 2/23/2019 at 9:36 AM, floofer said:

I should block @Drak3 but secretly I know he's always right.

I would strongly disagree there, let's leave it at that... :P

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

24 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I would strongly disagree there, let's leave it at that... :P

Blocked :o !

42 minutes ago, Sauron said:

To be fair, they may have been an actual kid. The demographic here is pretty young.

I don't think they are. I won't say names, but I believe they're in their twenties.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Two, they fit the classification of "not even on the bell curve." So dumb they aren't even amusing.

I dont remember if I have, but there are multiple I probably should have blocked.

Wonder if anyone have blocked me.... 

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

6 minutes ago, Mihle said:

I doubt it, I don't think you've ever done anything that'd make someone block you.

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

I doubt it, I don't think you've ever done anything that'd make someone block you.

Probably not happened.

But maybe some have because they have disagreed with me? Who knows what people do.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, Mihle said:

Same. I've gotten in more than a handful of what can only be described as "heated debates with rampant violation of the Whil Wheaton rule."

It would be interesting to see if the same people I have blocked also blocked me.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

I am too egalitarian to block someone.

(Translation: To lazy to bother learning how.) ?

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."