The Division 2 is exclusive to the Epic Store (and UPlay) on PC

D13H4RD
2 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

For anyone wondering why this is happening.

They're effectively forcing Steam (Valve) to lower their cut on sales, atm I believe Steam takes the largest cut among online game/software distribution platforms.

I hope Valve becomes competitive again. They're busy relaxing for a long time now as a publisher and game developer.

Valve have been 'asleep at the wheel' for a long time. They haven't really had any incentive to innovate because of a lack of real competition, we'll see how they respond.

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

I play like 3 games, and none of them are on Uplay. 

Yeah the entire MacOS compatible library joking pls don't hurt me ?

18 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Valve have been 'asleep at the wheel' for a long time. They haven't really had any incentive to innovate because of a lack of real competition, we'll see how they respond.

Probably by lowering the cut they take. Seems like the most obvious way. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

10 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

Probably by lowering the cut they take. Seems like the most obvious way.  

Or releasing Half-Life 3

Yeah, I think this is only going to hurt this game instead of helping these other stores tbh but we'll see: I'd love to be proven wrong on this one.

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

We probably didn't see this one coming. 

Hot on the heels of the announcement that some indie titles are exclusives to the Epic Store at least for a time period, Ubisoft has announced that The Division 2 will be exclusive to the Epic Store alongside their own proprietary UPlay platform on PC. 

Though there isn't a quote on exactly whether the exclusivity deal is permanent or timed, Ubisoft has stated that they currently don't have any short term plans for a Steam release 

With Epic securing a big title for its platform, it remains to be seen whether this will get people to try the platform or scorn at it even more for its tactics on securing exclusives. 

D13H4RD's opinion 

Reveal hidden contents

Seriously, enough with the exclusivity deals already. Stop harming the choice of the consumer based on which storefront they wish to buy their games from. 

Whilst I can sort of understand the rationale, I fail to understand how limiting the choice of the consumer is beneficial. 

Compete based on the quality of your service. Not based on how many exclusives you have as if it were an e-peen measuring contest. 

Source: Ars Technica

Definitely not buying it after this information :) 

Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING

Ryzen 5900X

Corsair Hydro H150i Pro 360mm AIO

Ballistix 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CL16 RGB

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC

Corsair RM850X

Predator XB273UGS QHD IPS 165 Hz

iPhone 13 Pro 128GB Graphite

Same here, wouldn't care though. What is annoying in general it needeing multiple logins for the game. But I don't care which store it ends up really. If I plan to play some game I'll get it. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I will not buy in this case. Another platform, other friend lists, Blizzard was already an annoyance, now we’ll get to the point we will need a platform per game.. 

13 hours ago, 1kv said:

I haven't played a Ubi game in about 2 years so I've got no clue. 

It's still not on my list of games to buy until it has an official Steam release since I'd rather use my leftover steam credit than pay nearly $60 from my bank account.

I also hate Epic Games themselves. They're starting to get EA's addiction to money imo. Look at all of the microtransactions in games like Fortnite, it's just going to get worse.

They are cosmetic items and it isn't pay to win. It's a free game so they have to make money somehow. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

They are cosmetic items and it isn't pay to win. It's a free game so they have to make money somehow. 

Sure they have to make money, but when you have a large amount of players with many of them buying game items I doubt it took too long for Epic Games to re-gain the money they spent developing Fortnite.

13 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Personally, if you want it, just get it off UPlay. 

One less thing to worry about. 

Wait a second. You don't want to get it off uplay because you want to get it off the larger more experienced storefront called epic games store. Oh wait hasn't uplay been around longer.......

Just now, 1kv said:

Sure they have to make money, but when you have a large amount of players with many of them buying game items I doubt it took too long for Epic Games to re-gain the money they spent developing Fortnite.

And? If you don't want to spend money on fortnite you don't have to. I don't get why people have a problem with a company because they make money. It's like it's a sin to be a very profitable company even though they aren't doing anything that is scummy like pay to win. 

Not sure why anyone would buy a Ubisoft game not on Uplay since you need Uplay anyway

36 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

And? If you don't want to spend money on fortnite you don't have to. I don't get why people have a problem with a company because they make money. It's like it's a sin to be a very profitable company even though they aren't doing anything that is scummy like pay to win. 

∆ this

Fortnite is a shining example of how a F2P game should be. I can't fault them for making the money they do with it.

On the other hand, this exclusivity stuff in their web store is reprehensible and I won't be supporting it. Partially because I'm using Linux (their client doesn't work for me), and the rest because I don't agree with the practice of exclusives.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

Well this seals it. I'm all in the thought train that thinks reason why Epic is so aggressive and why Ubisoft would also jump into the Epics train is only partially revenue issue. Actually it's not only Epic, Bethesda made it quite clear with Fallout 76. Biggest problem for bigger developers is not the revenue they gain, but also the return policies and I think the return policies play a much bigger role than the revenue.

It's not news that Steam has grown to the size that consumer protection officials are interested in it and watching that they play fair game. For return policies Steam has already been "sentenced" and forced to make it possible to return games. Uplay, Origin and now Epic are not followed that strictly and can still refuse returns without being sued right away. You count on that people demand more and more and making that come reality costs more and more and it's much more cheaper and easier to just release something that's partially up to the bar and it's quite clear why Ubisoft wouold be ready to dump Steam like Bethesda did (it could have been quite huge sums Bethesda might have lost if Fallout 76 was released on Steam and probably with that quite a lot of sales came from there and so would have returns and if I believe right, Steam does take partially their cut from returns meaning every return costs to the publisher [don't quote me with this one, I have heard something but I'm not even 50% sure]).

Indie developers are whole other story, at least the smaller ones struggle to get bread while developing the game and for them direct funding for exclusivity is a small price to pay for actually concentrating to develope the game instead of thinking where to get the next months food.

A big fcking No Buy. i've stopped buying Far Cry games since they stopped supporting multiple saves and i'm gonna stop buying games that are not on steam as well, i don't mind it being on Epic, give me the game on steam where all my games are. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

10 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Yeah, I think this is only going to hurt this game instead of helping these other stores tbh but we'll see: I'd love to be proven wrong on this one.

It will probably on the long term.

Like, when the game is new and popular it's fine. But once it's older (like 6-12 months) everyone will forget about it and nobody will see it ever again in the store.

It might be just me but, the only store i sometimes visit is the Steam store. I have games on origin but i never stroll around their store because it's not interesting. Same case for the Epic store.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Wait a second. You don't want to get it off uplay because you want to get it off the larger more experienced storefront called epic games store. Oh wait hasn't uplay been around longer.......

uPlay has be around for much longer than Epic, I'd buy the game on uPlay before Epic considering I already have a health library of titles on uPlay, Humble Bundle ?

42 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

A big fcking No Buy. i've stopped buying Far Cry games since they stopped supporting multiple saves and i'm gonna stop buying games that are not on steam as well, i don't mind it being on Epic, give me the game on steam where all my games are. 

I'm sorry to say, I think the days of Steam having all your games in one place are over my friend.

29 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

uPlay has be around for much longer than Epic, I'd buy the game on uPlay before Epic considering I already have a health library of titles on uPlay, Humble Bundle ?

I'm sorry to say, I think the days of Steam having all your games in one place are over my friend.

All you have to do is tell yourself that games not on steam aren't real games. Then we can have what we want. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

All you have to do is tell yourself that games not on steam aren't real games. Then we can have what we want. 

I feel like Steam brought this on themselves. Valve have taken a large cut from all titles on the platform, for big publishers like Activision, EA and Ubisoft it makes sense to make their own platform (with minimal effort) and keep a higher share of the revenue. I can't really blame the publishers, it makes sense.

is there a second game? now with 200% more hackers but only if you pay $60 for it yayyy 

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

26 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I feel like Steam brought this on themselves. Valve have taken a large cut from all titles on the platform, for big publishers like Activision, EA and Ubisoft it makes sense to make their own platform (with minimal effort) and keep a higher share of the revenue. I can't really blame the publishers, it makes sense.

You get a lot more than a storefront when you sell through steam. (Steamworks)

Unless I'm mistaken, Epic only offers a storefront

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

I havent bought a game off the epic store, any reason to get division 2 on there over uplay?

Too bad I like Steam's game tracking features.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

If Uplay is anything like the Epic launcher I wont be playing.  Found out recently Epic Launcher is Spyware to China...so nope.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

10 minutes ago, Dovaogedy said:

I havent bought a game off the epic store, any reason to get division 2 on there over uplay?

Epic Launcher is proven to be Spyware, check the EULA, data is going to China.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case