Intel chips without IGPUs listed

Bananasplit_00

SAUCE: https://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/26778-intel-core-processorer-utan-integrerad-grafikdel-prislistas-hos-nordiska-aterforsaljare

This is comming from Sweclockers, a Swedish tech website that has been pretty decent. They got Turing right way way early for one.

Original untranslated:

I konsumentsegmentet är bolagets processorer därtill bestyckade med en integrerad grafikdel, där arkitekturen Gen9 har varit aktuell för denna sedan introduktionen i samband med "Skylake". Tidigare rykten har talat om att Intel har för avsikt att lansera processorer i Core 9000-serien utan den integrerade grafiken. Nu styrks uppgifterna efter att priser för flera sådana modeller hittat ut på webben.

Återförsäljare från Norge och Finland har listat fyra processorer med suffixet "F", vilket enligt tidigare uppgifter ska markera att den integrerade grafiken saknas. De fyra produkterna är Core i9-9900KF, Core i7-9700KF, Core i5-9600KF samt Core i5-9400F och som namnet avslöjar saknar sistnämnda stöd för överklockning.

Även fyrkärniga Core i3-9350K väntas släppas i ett utförande utan integrerad grafik, men denna omnämns inte hos återförsäljarna. Tillsammans med priserna finns även basfrekvensen angiven, vilken i samtliga fall är identisk med specifikationerna för de redan lanserade "Coffee Lake Refresh"-processorerna.

Priserna hos återförsäljarna skiljer sig åt, vilket kan tyda på att någon officiell prissättning inte är klar. Hos den norska butiken syns Core i9-9900KF för motsvarande 7 800 kronor inklusive moms, medan samma produkt listas för 6 500 kronor hos den finska försäljaren. Den snabbare Core i5-varianten landar på 4 000 alternativt 2 300 kronor. Core i5-9400F och Core i7-9700KF syns enbart hos den norska återförsäljaren och där skrivs 2 900 respektive 6 000 kronor.

Translated by me into english:

I the consumer space the companies processors all have intergrated graphics, the architecture of which has been the same since "Skylake". Previous rumors have spoken about Intel wantíng to launch Core 9000-series processors without the intergrated graphics. Now those rumors are underlined as serveral of those have been listed on the web.

Retailers from Norway and Finland have listed four processors with the suffix "F", which acording to earlier sources means that they lack the intergrated graphics part. The four producs are the Coer i9-9900KF, Core i7-9700KF, Core i5-9600KF and the Core i5-9400F and as the name emplies the last one in the list lacks overclocking support.

The quadcore Core I3-9350K is expected to launch in a form without intergrated graphics, but is not listed by the retailers. Together with the prices there is also the base frequency, which in all cases is identical to the spcification of the already launched "Coffe Lake Refresh"-processors

Prices vary among the retailers, which could imply that the official price is not yet set. At the Norwegian retailer we see the Core I9-9900KF listed for equivalent to 7800 kronor(~€757), while the same product is listed at 6500 kronor(~€630) by Finish retailer. The faster Core I5-variant lands at 4000 (~€388) and 2300 kronor(~€223) respectivly. Core I5 9400F and Core I7 9700KF are only listed at the Norwegian retailer and are listed at 2900(~281) and 6000(€583) kronor respecivly.

66933?l=eyJyZXNvdXJjZSI6IlwvYXJ0aWtlbFwvYmlsZFwvNjY5MzMiLCJmaWx0ZXJzIjpbInQ9b3JpZ2luYWwiXSwicGFyYW1zIjpbXSwia2V5IjoiMTc1Y2QzMTAwNDhlOWJlMDI2YzVkNmNjNzQ1OWE3OTMifQ%3D%3D

Cool cool, more chips. Kinda meh as the IGPU has actiually become useful for quite a few things content creation wise so the I7 and I9 only make sense for gamers now but the discounted prices of the Finish retailer would make these chips a good deal IMO. Going to be fun to see if they overclock better or if thats going to be the same. Seeing as Intel can now sell the chips with defective IGPUs the 14nm shortage should eliviate some at least :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Maybe removing the iGPU can reduce the temperature to below that of the sun

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

iGPU is good for troubleshooting GPU issues, accelerating video editing, streaming, and many other things.

The price better be a lot lower if they're gonna remove such a great feature.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

iGPU is good for troubleshooting GPU issues, accelerating video editing, streaming, and many other things.

The price better be a lot lower if they're gonna remove such a great feature.

Agreed, I currently run a third monitor of an iGPU, it was one thing I didn't like about Ryzen chips without APUs.

I thought that's only done to compensate for poor yields on 10nm?

Guess they realized Ryzen did well without integrated graphics and tried to copy that, but shaving off your advantage is hardly the best of ideas.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Are theses cpus with out a GPU or just them disabled.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

Are theses cpus with out a GPU or just them disabled.

unclear but most likely just dies with functioning cores and broken IGPU.

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

probably dies that suck and couldn't get within tdp with graphics enabled

Intel dosnt give a shit about TDP anyway so i doubt they are cut for thermals tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

The i5 9400F is somewhat interesting for budget gamers, if we could get some new B series boards. 

Prices seem pretty ok. Nothing amazing

7 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Intel dosnt give a shit about TDP anyway so i doubt they are cut for thermals tbh

Yes they do.  TDP is largely misunderstood by the enthusiast community.

1 hour ago, BananaInSandals said:

Tom's Hardware speculates that it's more likely to be the igpu being deactivated than completely removed. They also speculate that these F series cpus are the production defects with the defects in the igpu.

https://amp.tomshardware.com/news/i9-9900kf-i7-9700kf-i5-9600kf-i5-9400f-prices,38284.html

As much as that's a more reasonable conclusion, part of me still hopes they are just faster with better thermals.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 hours ago, mr moose said:

To Intel, both the I7 7700k and the I9 9900K are "95W" TDP. One of those pulls a lot more power and is a lot hotter. 

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

what are the prices of a 9900K and a 9700K in the area? o_o I'm assuming the numbers are after tax and import

Actually looking at this, the KF chips are more expensive... Though that's comparing Swedish prices to these prices translated from Norwegian krona. The I7 9700k is 4435 sek and the price for the I7 9700KF is 6000 sek... 

Builds:

Spoiler

Good I prefer CPU's that don't have iGPU's. There's literally no reason for me to have one, it would be sitting there doing fuck all. One of the reasons why I went for a CPU that didn't. People say it's good for hardware acceleration but that doesn't make any sense because if you have a discrete GPU you can do that and better anyway. So you can run more displays? But GPU's have a bunch of outputs anyway so that's also a moot point. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

6 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

To Intel, both the I7 7700k and the I9 9900K are "95W" TDP. One of those pulls a lot more power and is a lot hotter. 

I think you will find that if you follow the spec they both will operate within it. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

9 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Whenever I see i5-9400F I'll always ask myself what does it convert to in Celsius (i5-5204C for those wondering). ?

5th gen had some crazy names so I wouldn't doubt that a 5204C exists :P

17 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

they better clock better ._. maybe higher than the price difference since the iGP's good for quicksync

(if they're going to do the same for CPUs with HD gen 11 and Xe (whichever that's going to have adaptive sync) the iGP could be used as a intermediary between Nvida GPUs and VESA Adaptive Sync or AMD Freesync displays)

I think the F chips are probably just here because Intel hasn't got enough 14nm capacity right now

Builds:

Spoiler

Good they should get rid of that garbage completely and reduce the price by 1/3rd which is the size of the iGPU silicon on i7/i5 die, they scammed people long enough.

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

No they don't, the i9 9900K and i7 9700K can not sustain their STOCK turbo boost respecting the STOCK TDP, meaning you gotta choose which "stock settings" you want now lel

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 hours ago, mr moose said:

I think you will find that if you follow the spec they both will operate within it. 

At base clock both will. At boost, the 9900K will exceed 95w. That's just how kaby lake refresh, coffee lake and coffee lake refresh work.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

No they don't, the i9 9900K and i7 9700K can not sustain their STOCK turbo boost respecting the STOCK TDP, meaning you gotta choose which "stock settings" you want now lel

If you are running at boost then they are not within the design spec conditions.  The TDP is for base clock not boost.  TDP is for base clock only.

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

At base clock both will. At boost, the 9900K will exceed 95w. That's just how kaby lake refresh, coffee lake and coffee lake refresh work.

TDP is only measured at base clock.  You can't operate the chip outside of the defined TDP condition then claim the spec is wrong.

Honestly when are people going to understand this. TDP is not a rating meant for boost or overclocking. boost and overclock are unpredictable conditions depending on the silicon lottery,  All chips can boost to the clock advertised, but for how long and how much power they draw doing it is anyone's guess,  Intel cannot guess a technical spec, that is why TDP is only given for the base clock. 

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

If you are running at boost then they are not within the design spec conditions.  The TDP is for base clock not boost.  TDP is for base clock only.

TDP is only measured at base clock.  You can't operate the chip outside of the defined TDP condition then claim the spec is wrong.

Honestly when are people going to understand this. TDP is not a rating meant for boost or overclocking. boost and overclock are unpredictable conditions depending on the silicon lottery,  All chips can boost to the clock advertised, but for how long and how much power they draw doing it is anyone's guess,  Intel cannot guess a technical spec, that is why TDP is only given for the base clock. 

Intel used to give the TDP which applied for base clocks and boost clocks but since late 2017, Intel's TDPs only apply to base clocks.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Intel used to give the TDP which applied for base clocks and boost clocks but since late 2017, Intel's TDPs only apply to base clocks.

Yup it used to cover the "entire actual stock" configuration, ain't that any more which is a shame... it should've raised the rated TDP to match it even it meant an worsen number on the paper.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)